1.    #1  
    is anyone using VPN on thier treo 700p? I have been trying to get mergic vpn to work correctly. it worked flawlessly on the 650, on the 700p is works for some things, but poorly on others. When I would try to get mail via versamail, that is where mergic would lock up. i changed to chatter (which i have no clue what took me so long) and the funny thing is i get nearly the same results. Things like FTP, pssh and palm vnc are working fine with mergic.

So, has anyone had luck with mergic? What VPN client is working?

Thanks
  2.    #2  
    am i the only one using vpn? or am i the only one having problems?
    BigKenny,

I used Mergic on my 650 with success connecting to standard VPNs. I have not tried it on my 700p, yet. I am attempting to use Antha because of our Layer 3 routing requirements. Can Mergic use IPSEC?

bob
  4.    #4  
    no, mergic is only pptp.

mergic worked great on my 650, but it hangs in the middle of connecting (most of the time) on a 700p. i contacted support, they gave me a different version to try but it was still shaky at connecting.

i am wondering if other clients are doing this too. it seems to connect when using vnc or pssh, but if i am using chatter or versamail it is very bad.
    For what it's worth, I used mergic on my 650 and have used it several times on my 700p successfully...but only for accessing websites that use IP authentication (after disabling Blazer's proxy).

When I've tried using it along with ezremote (a palm RDP client), my 700p reset. I haven't pursued that any further.
    Motorola Startac → Samsung SCH-8500 → SonyEricsson T608 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p
    I use Mergic on my 700P with no problems. I connect to servers on my corp. network using Mobile TS and PalmVNC. Totally stable. I had Mergic 1.1A that I used on my Treo 600, and I went to their site just to see if there was an upgrade and there was a 1.1B. That is what I installed on my 700P and it works great. No resets.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by etjny
    I use Mergic on my 700P with no problems. I connect to servers on my corp. network using Mobile TS and PalmVNC. Totally stable. I had Mergic 1.1A that I used on my Treo 600, and I went to their site just to see if there was an upgrade and there was a 1.1B. That is what I installed on my 700P and it works great. No resets.
    palmvnc, pssh etc work fine for me too. the issue i am having is using autoconnect and versamail or chatter. that does not work so well. i am just manually connecting for now.
    Same problem here - autoconnect doesn't work, so I am forced to manually connect.

Sux, but works!

L
    Lee Ladisky
    I used a demo for 30 days last month and while I found it technically worked, hotsyncing took forever. I mean, it took 20 minutes or more IIRC. Even when I turned almost all the conduits off, it still took way too long to be useful except maybe when traveling. I'd be psyched to find out it was the Mergic software causing the slowness and they have a fix in the works, but my bet is that it is the EVDO network that, while fast for downloading, is somehow a major bottleneck for the hotsync.
  10.    #10  
    mergic support is quick to respond, but it does not sound like they are owning up to the problem or making a fix. i guess my only hope is to by another vpn client or hope the problem is on plams end and we get a rom fix.

i am hoping a ROM update is coming out soon.
    I use anthaVPN, very powerfull VPN Software and it works great, I use terminal services and alsot use it for my exchange email, IPSEC
    Anybody know of an SSL VPN client for the 700p? We are using Juniper/Netscreen SSL VPN at work, and I can't connect through it to manage my servers with tussh....

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    I would also like to know what uses people have for VPN on their Treo. I've installed the MovianVPN client and it connects and works well. I've been able to get to web pages on our intranet, even though they didn't render that well. Other than Terminal Services/RDP, email or SSH, what ways are you leveraging that VPN connection? Are there any file explorers out there that let you map drives or browse network drives? TIA
    My 2, it's all I can spare
    Treo 270 Treo 600 Treo 700P *** Unmentionable *** Pre {rooted}
    I'm looking for an IPSEC VPN client for the 700p that will connect to Cisco 3000's (IPSEC).

Is anyone connecting to a non-PPTP cisco VPN on the Palm?

Thanks!

RMT.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktdotorg View Post
    I'm looking for an IPSEC VPN client for the 700p that will connect to Cisco 3000's (IPSEC).

Thanks!

RMT.
    I use the MovianVPN Client to connect to our Cisco 3000 Concentrator and it works pretty well. I'm able to access our intranet via blazer and network shares via wifile.
    My 2, it's all I can spare
    Treo 270 Treo 600 Treo 700P *** Unmentionable *** Pre {rooted}
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktdotorg View Post

Thanks!

RMT.
    AnthaVPN works on the 700p with Cisco PIX configured for IPSec. The 3000 is also listed as compatible. They offer a trial version which I am using for the moment, but I am satisfied with it. I also use EZRemote for Remote Desktop via the VPN connection without problems. You should have no problems.
    Last edited by ehcruzan; 09/27/2006 at 08:29 AM.
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IDtheTarget View Post
    Anybody know of an SSL VPN client for the 700p? We are using Juniper/Netscreen SSL VPN at work, and I can't connect through it to manage my servers with tussh....

Thanks!
    ME TOO! Would love to find one that worked with Netscreen/Juniper firewalls.
    haven't tried a vpn directly on the 700p (verizon) yet, But have used PDANET program to connect the laptop to the internet, and have the netscreen vpn client on the laptop connecting to the corp office netscreen router. The is in the verizon broadband area. Haven't tried it yet outside the area
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    You know, I just bought PDANet for my Treo. Didn't even cross my mind about using it. Would still like to have a VPN for my treo that could connect to Netscreen.