1.    #1  
    Is VolumeCare needed on the 700? The external speaker seems equally loud with the program on or disabled... in fact without the program, the speaker is resoundingly loud. I use to own a 650 awhile back and I don't remember if I had a volume issue that VolumeCare would have resolved. Is the volume that improved on the 700 over the 650?
    Quote Originally Posted by Treonite
    Is VolumeCare needed on the 700? The external speaker seems equally loud with the program on or disabled... in fact without the program, the speaker is resoundingly loud. I use to own a 650 awhile back and I don't remember if I had a volume issue that VolumeCare would have resolved. Is the volume that improved on the 700 over the 650?
    That would be up to you, if it sounds loud and clear for you, then your fine. In my case it made my 700p a big change for the better, so I kepted it.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino
    That would be up to you, if it sounds loud and clear for you, then your fine. In my case it made my 700p a big change for the better, so I kepted it.
    In my case also the 700p speaker volume was significantly improved by VolumeCare. It's not that the volume was too low without it, it's just that it is now loud enough to be used in new and potentially useful ways (i.e. an alarm is less likely to go unheard). If one cannot tell the difference between before and after, there might be something else conflicting or it may be necessary to get the latest version (5.46 I believe). Just installing the software on my set made me jump the first time an alarm went off without tweaking anything at all. I haven't finished testing it yet but my first impression is that it will be extremely useful.