1.    #1  
    My phone apparently dials and receives "phantom" phone calls.
    It has been happening since I got the phone, I just chalked it up to annoying people calling and hanging up.
    The phone also calls random people from my contacts without me doing anything, these calls do not show up in my call log and they do not show up in sprints network.
    The calls that are "incomming" show up as blocked caller ID, because there is no # associeated with the call.

This prompted a call to Sprint tech support and I was told that they have had a few cases of this happening with the 700P. They are saying that there may be a bug in the phone software that randomly thinks it is getting a phone call and rings as if it were, hence the blocked caller ID no #. As far as the calls going out they are not sure what is going on with that, they are looking into it.
    A great example of this is I got a call from a friend of mine while I was sitting with him and his phone was sitting on the table! He did not make a call to me, when I answered there was no one there. Later that night he said that I called him and it showes in his call log, but not mine, at the time the call was placed I was asleep and my phone was off!!
    There suggestion for correcting this is a hard reset followed by a 0 out reset and reprograming the phone, done all that. So they told me to go exchange it for another handset and see if that fixes the problem.

This only happens across carriers, it does not do it to or from sprint customers.

Is anyone else having this issue?
    I just started receiving the "no caller id" phantom call on Monday. It has happened once a day since then, between 1pm & 3pm. Nobody has mentioned receiving any strange calls from my phone so I don't think that is happening to me (yet). I am out of town so I won't be trying any hard resets for a few days. Let me know if you get yours fixed.
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
    The phantom has hit me around the same time frame for the past week on some given days and not others. For now, I just ignore it. My 700 is running good and stable with the apps I have installed, so I am contempt at this moment.
    at&t iPhone3G
  4.    #4  
    I am waiting for the store to get one in to change it out for. It would not be bad but mine happens between 1 and 3 in the morning, that is annoying. Also I have the text freeze bug bad, so those two together is worth a switch out. Otherwise it is stable and I am happy!! I will let you know when I get it traded.
    It's the NSA checking up on you and uploading your phone logs to their servers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodiumlake
    I am waiting for the store to get one in to change it out for. It would not be bad but mine happens between 1 and 3 in the morning, that is annoying. Also I have the text freeze bug bad, so those two together is worth a switch out. Otherwise it is stable and I am happy!! I will let you know when I get it traded.
    who is your carrier? and can you tell me about your text freezing bug
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
  7.    #7  
    Ok so now this has started on my wifes Treo (700P), I am starting to think it is a network issue, or there is a bug in the software.
    Carrier is Sprint, and the text freeze bug haqs been talked about in another thread, but it basically freezes the phone after sending or receiving a text.
    Ok so now this has started on my wifes Treo (700P), I am starting to think it is a network issue, or there is a bug in the software.
    Carrier is Sprint, and the text freeze bug haqs been talked about in another thread, but it basically freezes the phone after sending or receiving a text.
    ok i posted a tread on this site and i didnt get any responce so i though i was alone .
    im with sprint also . my treo would freeze when the bluetooth was on right after i got off an active call the very next text would freeze
    Is your wife using a bluetooth?
    and most important you need to call sprint and report it . that is the only way i will become a known issue.
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
    I have no problem with freeze ups...I just get the Phanom call between 1:00pm and 3:00pm and it only happens once in that time frame.
    at&t iPhone3G
    No freezups here either.
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
  11.    #11  
    We both use blue tooth, I will try turning that off and see what happens.
    Also is anyone else having ther text messages "hang" on the server and not come thru? I have to soft reset my phone about twice a week and after I get all the text that have not come thru.
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    [...] so I am contempt at this moment.
    Freudian slip?

I have been getting these "No Caller ID" calls, but when I answer there is someone there calling for someone else. Since I have CallFilter, and have First Incoming Minute Free on my phone, I just programmed it to pickup & hangup on them. Works like a charm (but the phone does manage a quick ring before hanging up on them).

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    My phone apparently dials and receives "phantom" phone calls.
    It has been happening since I got the phone, I just chalked it up to annoying people calling and hanging up.
    The phone also calls random people from my contacts without me doing anything, these calls do not show up in my call log and they do not show up in sprints network.
    The calls that are "incomming" show up as blocked caller ID, because there is no # associeated with the call.
    Is anyone else having this issue?
    Has anyone found a resolution to the phantom outgoing calls problem? My sister is having the problem on her 700w and has not had much luck with Verizon tech support.

Thanks!
    Kerry
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    so I am contempt at this moment.
    of court?
    Ok, I had this problem once. (Cingular unlocked on other network)

I reset the device and before the whole thing could boot-up and stabilize, I received a call from a KNOWN caller (caller in Contacts too). The "No Caller ID" was displayed and the same logged in the CallLog.

I don't know, maybe your Treos are doing something that they shouldn't be doing during the said times (1:00 - 3:00).

- mvk
    all Your Base Are Belong To Us
  17.    #17  
    Well this along with the text message issues, random resets (I know its a treo that is what they do) and Sprints lack of service in my major metro area that I live in I have ditched the treo and Sprint and went back to verizon. I have tried every model of the Treo except the W and have had nothing but bad luck, guess I expect to much from a 600.00 phone. Well I am happy with my Razr!! And my TX the both do what they are susposed to do and do it very well.
    I will not try the treo rout again unless there are quantum leaps in technology and features!!
    Enjoy all hope you have beter luck than I.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarobap
    all Your Base Are Belong To Us
    You just wanted to say that, right?