1.    #1  
    My buddy just bought a q and I was playing around with it, and I absolutely hate it. There seemed to be so many glitches, like randomly while i was surfing it would go to the homepage. and outlook was impossible to setup, but once i did it recieved messages just not send them, and navigating it was hard as well. Before my experience i was considering getting a w isntead of a p, but now it is a p for sure. Im just worried about my expectations being to high for the p as they were for teh q nd then gettin disappointed. Are there a lot of techincal glitches that may be easy to rid of, but shouldnt be there in the first place? Other than that, any things wrong with it at all, that shouldnt have been but it was just annoying?
    Quote Originally Posted by dezicartel
    Im just worried about my expectations being to high for the p as they were for teh q nd then gettin disappointed.
    What are your expectations?
  3.    #3  
    I guess just no stupid bugs that are a pain. Like the ones i mentioned. Randomly resetting to the homepage while surfing....I expect it to be very easy to navigate without it locking up or taking 5 secs to think...also i expect blazr to be able to downlard attachments off of gmail, another thing the q couldnt do...being able to have a gmail account for versamail (i noticed there were glitches with this, hopefully fixed by now)...and so on....i guess i just expect a fast smartphone without glitches.
    This phone works great except for a few slowdowns(2-4seconds..5 max). Might be because of the 4GB SD card but its not a big deal AT ALL.
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    I don't believe the Q has a touch screen so that alone would make quite a difference. In general you will have to configure the 700p to your taste and the more energy you put into it the more likely you *will* have pretty near what you wanted and probably a lot more. I don't think it will be anything like the Q, so that wish will, no doubt, come true.

Good luck and enjoy your Treo.
  6.    #6  
    can u download files from gmail straight from blazer? or do i have to set it up through versamail and then download them? if not can u download files at all from blazr?
    I can't beleave there is a mobile 5 phone with out a touch screen ? that must stink
    and also its a cut down ver of the operating system so half of the programs probily wont work
    I played around with the q also and thought it sucked...for non technical people who just want a calander and a few emails im sure its fine but if your the least bit technical you'll most likely hate it. I had the 700w for a few months and the best day of my life was when I sold it on ebay and got the P. The only sucky thing about the P is that there are a few things that you think would be a no-brainer and should be included in the product but you have to purchase a 3rd party app for it. Like ringtones, playing wav files etc. Other than that it is definitly the best phone out there
    Quote Originally Posted by olympus1
    ...for non technical people who just want a calander and a few emails im sure its fine but if your the least bit technical you'll most likely hate it. I had the 700w for a few months and the best day of my life was when I sold it on ebay and got the P.
    You call the Q non-technical and in the next sentence praise the P. So the "simple" multi-threaded, multi-tasking Q (with more features out-of-the-box like A2DP) is for the non-technical people while the hasn't-changed-in-over-4-years, single-tasking Garnet OS is for the technical people? Interesting...
    I haven't tried a Q, but I did try a 700w. It was okay, but lack of memory and a non-standard screen killed it for me. I prefer WM5 as far as functionality goes, but I ended up with a 700p due to Mac compatibility, memory, and overall ease of use. I'm not too crazy about the OS -- it looks and feels no different than the Handspring Visor I had back in 1999, talk about lack of progress -- but I don't miss the "true multitasking" of WM5. I only do one thing at a time anyway, and to the extent the 700p multitasks is fine with me. I'm sure I'll hit a wall at some point, but for now it's fine.
    I have both (Q & P) and like both for different reasons. Technically, I like playing around with the WM5 OS (registry, etc.) hacks as well as the XML today screen. To me the Palm OS/Treo is the best integration of phone/pda. I also owned the 700w for 4 months. I also liked that, but the memory and screen was bothersome.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    The Q is a great device if you just need something simple and easy to use. It's a great phone with great email capability.

The 700p is also great if you need a do all gadget.

The 700w was just a dissapointment, especially after the AKU2 update...
    Quote Originally Posted by kevroc
    The Q is a great device if you just need something simple and easy to use. It's a great phone with great email capability.

The 700p is also great if you need a do all gadget.

The 700w was just a dissapointment, especially after the AKU2 update...

I agree, this update put me over the edge. It wasn't long after the update I switched back to the Palm OS.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    I checked out the Q at the local CircuitCity and thought it was OK. After having the 700p, I coudn't fathom giving it up for the Q. Although the Q is thinner, it's wider and longer than the Treo, making it uncomfortable for those who like to pocket their device. I also checked out the 700w and thought that the screen was far inferior to the 700p. IMHO, WM5 is not a great fit for this device as is the Palm OS. I have a new Axim X51v with WM5 and love it. It's a great platform for a PDA only device as it's supports 640x480 resolution. Again, the low resolution on the 700w really cripples this device
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dezicartel
    My buddy just bought a q and I was playing around with it, and I absolutely hate it. There seemed to be so many glitches, like randomly while i was surfing it would go to the homepage. and outlook was impossible to setup, but once i did it recieved messages just not send them, and navigating it was hard as well. Before my experience i was considering getting a w isntead of a p, but now it is a p for sure. Im just worried about my expectations being to high for the p as they were for teh q nd then gettin disappointed. Are there a lot of techincal glitches that may be easy to rid of, but shouldnt be there in the first place? Other than that, any things wrong with it at all, that shouldnt have been but it was just annoying?
    I would say that the 700p came from Mars and the Q came from Venus. In my opinion, the 700p would help me get more things done than the Q, while the Q has a better form factor.