Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    Since a bad crash I've been unable to sync. I got it to sync using bluetooth for a while, but that seems to have stopped because ofthe port occupied problem. I have done the following: 1: checked connection several times Two of my office computers refuse to recognize the device when connected via cable. 2: got back up buddy for protection. 3: played with blue tooth and the various ports. Any other suggestions would be very helpful.
    Henry L lazarus hlazar@netaxs.com
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/god.html
    The things to look for when a Bluetooth sync problem occurs.

#1 - make sure hot sync is running and Local/Local USB are enabled, (lets you do a standard hot sync w/cable or via Bluetooth) also verify the ports are correct. Local on my system is set to "4" and modem is set to "3."

#2 - Bluetooth on the computer and the device is enabled

#3 - Make sure the computer and Treo are paired.

#4 - If you have a Bluetooth icon in the system tray or can access it via the control panel, check to make sure that you have the appropriate services enabled. I have a Bluetooth adapter installed running the Kensington/Widdcom software. From "My Bluetooth Places," select "My Device......services" and then select "Explore." At this point make sure that the services are enabled.
    Would need more details about the cable sync problem to troubleshoot it.
    Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    my computer (and I tried 2 different ones) no long recognizes the treo as a usb item. it is an unknown device.
    Henry L lazarus hlazar@netaxs.com
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/god.html