1.    #1  
    OK here's one I haven't seen.

I woke up and my treo (sprint 700P) was frozen.

I soft reset and the access screen comes up and then it resets again.

So I've got a reset loop and can't get past that screen.

UGHHH me thinks...so I warm reset.

Same thing...cannot get past the access screen.

Very odd...finally decided to hard reset.

SAME THING.

I get the "yes or no" screen and select yes...

THEN I GET THE SAME LOOP!

Can't get past the access screen

SO....I try a zero out reset.

(you cannot search for the term "zero" on the forum, it's too short.)

Tough to do a zero out by yourself...I've never doe it. Used the stylus with my teeth.

Anyway I got the bootloader screen.

After that I reset to get rid of the bootloader screen and am right back where I started.

Any takers? This one's got me stumped.

thanks!
    If you can't get it to reset, it must be gone. You have been working on these TREO things longer than the technicians.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ
    If you can't get it to reset, it must be gone. You have been working on these TREO things longer than the technicians.
    that's what I figured...off to the store.

THANKS!!
    wow!! The SAME exact thing happened to me 2 nights ago. Woke up to a dead Treo! I was blaming my wife!
    The only thing I was thinking was that I was ing a trial of that PALMREVOLT software for two days and maybe that killed it. Prior to it's death it was insanely stable and robust running all my normal apps (LauncherX, Chatter, Verichat, etc).
    So I first called Sprint and documented the problem...you should do the same because I now smell a bigger issue! Then I went out to a Sprint store where I was instantly given a brand new (not refurb) 700P along with all of the in-the-box goodies so I scored an extra battery, cable, charger, install disc (palm pays back!)...ao I'm quite happy. Resco backup restored everything except my bluetooth pairing (anyone know why?)...so all's well that ends well for me.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by firstbeat
    wow!! The SAME exact thing happened to me 2 nights ago. Woke up to a dead Treo! I was blaming my wife!
    The only thing I was thinking was that I was ing a trial of that PALMREVOLT software for two days and maybe that killed it. Prior to it's death it was insanely stable and robust running all my normal apps (LauncherX, Chatter, Verichat, etc).
    So I first called Sprint and documented the problem...you should do the same because I now smell a bigger issue! Then I went out to a Sprint store where I was instantly given a brand new (not refurb) 700P along with all of the in-the-box goodies so I scored an extra battery, cable, charger, install disc (palm pays back!)...ao I'm quite happy. Resco backup restored everything except my bluetooth pairing (anyone know why?)...so all's well that ends well for me.

Thanks for sharing your story.

According to a sprint tier two tech that knew his way around a treo....

There is a batch of 700P's with bad memory chips. He said he has seen this 4 times now. Notated my account and I will be getting a new replacement at the store later today.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Just curious whether or not taking the battery out could help in the case of a reset loop... or does it just continue the reset after reinstalling the battery?
  7.    #7  
    I have a bad memory chip. Taking out the battery out is the same as a soft reset.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    I notice my treo 700 may get in a reset loop if the hotsync cable is attached.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    no hotsynch cable attached when it happened to me. Wonder how big the bad batch was and if there's any way to tell from serial numbers. Sounds to me like a recall is in order.
    So do you think it had nothing to do with PalmRevolt? I was kind of liking it and was thinking of buying it.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by firstbeat
    no hotsynch cable attached when it happened to me. Wonder how big the bad batch was and if there's any way to tell from serial numbers. Sounds to me like a recall is in order.
    So do you think it had nothing to do with PalmRevolt? I was kind of liking it and was thinking of buying it.
    Any software issue would be recoverable by a hard reset (and that's worst case)

When a palm cannot even hard reset it's a hardware issue. Defective memory in this case.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Any software issue would be recoverable by a hard reset (and that's worst case)

When a palm cannot even hard reset it's a hardware issue. Defective memory in this case.
    Sorry to hear about your misfortune Dutch. Off to a new 700.
    at&t iPhone3G