1.    #1  
    I'm trying to find out what's using the memory of my Treo 650. Is there somethink akin to Windows Explorer that lists file names/sizes? If I click on the Delete menu, the file sizes listed don't total the amount of RAM indicated as Used. How do I reconcile these and/or free up space?

Thanks,

Aaric
    You may want to check out FileZ, which is a file manager utility that is similar to Windows Explorer that lists file names and sizes and other features. But be careful when deleting files as you may accidentally delete something that may cause you problems.

A better solution is to get an uninstaller application like Uninstall Manager which will remove all associated files with a particular program so that when you remove it that there's nothing left.

Or, even Cleanup, also from the same link as Uninstall manager that can help you identify any orphan or leftover files that are taking up space.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
    You also have little animals that like to eat memory - take a look at MemInfo, it lets you work on the device storage heap, DB cache and other little fun things. It does a good job of cleaning things up. Ben
    Although I do still have MemInfo and use it to check on the DBCache for the reason that I will do a manual reset when it gets low, I find that MemInfo and DBCacheTool, and others don't really help much.

I find that the best way (for me) is to have a schedule daily reset before and after a scheduled backup so that I'm good for the day. Of course, I check MemInfo on the DBCache situation and then do a manual reset. It's much easier and I get better results than using DBCacheTool, MemInfo, SharkCache, etc.

Just my opinion.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
    I also did the reset at a scheduled time every night until I discovered that there were those rare times when it would get hung up, loose preferences, et cetera. As a result, I quit the scheduled reset totally and use MemInfo to clear the memory.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by maceyr
    Although I do still have MemInfo and use it to check on the DBCache for the reason that I will do a manual reset when it gets low, I find that MemInfo and DBCacheTool, and others don't really help much.

I find that the best way (for me) is to have a schedule daily reset before and after a scheduled backup so that I'm good for the day. Of course, I check MemInfo on the DBCache situation and then do a manual reset. It's much easier and I get better results than using DBCacheTool, MemInfo, SharkCache, etc.

Just my opinion.
    Here's a stupid question, how do you tell which is an Orphan File, with Clean Up? I guess I really haven't used my Clean Up as I should. I took a look tonight, lots of wierd file names, I don't want to erase what I need. Thanks!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    I also did the reset at a scheduled time every night until I discovered that there were those rare times when it would get hung up, loose preferences, et cetera. As a result, I quit the scheduled reset totally and use MemInfo to clear the memory.

Ben
    I originally used Crony to do the scheduled reset until I was experiencing the problem of the Treo not recognizing my SD card after the reset. Once I removed Crony, everything was fine.

I now use LookAtMe and it has worked so well and absolutely no problems at all. And it's been over a month or so since I've been doing it.

@reverendrhino

As for cleanup, I believe that you scan your palm for any associations to a program. Most of the blue colored dots are normally "safe" but not necessarily. That's where you have to do a search for associations. Delete them but make sure you have Cleanup create a backup (just in case) so that you can put it back if you make a mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by maceyr
    I originally used Crony to do the scheduled reset until I was experiencing the problem of the Treo not recognizing my SD card after the reset. Once I removed Crony, everything was fine.

I now use LookAtMe and it has worked so well and absolutely no problems at all. And it's been over a month or so since I've been doing it.

@reverendrhino

As for cleanup, I believe that you scan your palm for any associations to a program. Most of the blue colored dots are normally "safe" but not necessarily. That's where you have to do a search for associations. Delete them but make sure you have Cleanup create a backup (just in case) so that you can put it back if you make a mistake.

Good Deal! Thanks...
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter