Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Are you sure you had a revision B H700? Mine was and it was great.
    Wow,

nchargreed, you have some killer sideburns for a girl.
    does anyone use Plantronics Voyager™ 510 with their 700p?
    friend ofmine has one and loves it buthe does not have treo but some junk phone
    The Motorola H500 was rated very high by consumer reports so I decided to buy one of them online. I picked the cheapest match from froogle with was from Campus111. Pairing and connection speed seem to be fine, but the sound quality was crap. Very staticy and people on the other end couldn't hear me.

I though it might be a bad unit (since I *did* get the cheapest one available) so I went to a local electronics store and got another H500 for considerably more money. There is a noticable improvement in sound quality but I still hear static even with the phone < 2 feet from the headset. The box says it's good for up to 30 feet.

Has anyone else had problems like this with the H500 before I return the thing? Should I just get a different headset or am I expecting too much from bluetooth technology?
    The H700 I have has no static issues at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Yes the older one. And No, just put the gels on...there's probably dozen threads on here describing it. Walked into radio shack, asked for "Jabra Assorted Sizes 6 Pack".....IIRC Medium CY-14 (that's stamped on inside of gel) fit just fine sliding gel over TWH "protruberance"...the speaker sticks out maybe 1/8" and is maybe 3/8" in diameter...I just slipped gel over the sticking out part and was good to go....it's fallen off 3 or 4 times when in my pants pocket but otehrwise satys on fine....been on there 16 months or so except for biweekly washings in hot water / soap.

Stock numbers are posted in an earlier thread.
    Jack,
    I can't get the bloody things to stay on. Is there a trick?
    Also, are you (or is anyone) aware of any other gels that may fit on the basic Treo BT headset?
    TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante View Post
    The echo is a problem with some of these ear-loop headsets (I'm not sure if there's a better term for them) that don't have boom mics. When you turn up the volume too high, the sound from the earpiece (the person talking) leaks into the mic, causing an echo. I had this same problem on my Nokia HS-26W. Great headset, but everyone complained of an echo and it had to go. Nokia got wised and fixed this problem with the Nokia BH-900 which now has a sliding boom (which looks really cool IMO), except it's kind of expensive at $100-$120, especially compared to the $50 I paid for the HS-26W.
    I have not been able to get the HS-26W to work. how did you get it to work?
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    Go figure! I have two Treo 650s for my wife and I and we purchased two Jabra JX-10 headsets. Mine works perfectly and her's is more static filled. We switched and learned that it was the phone, not the headsets as they are interchangeable with same result. Go figure. Palm is dead, no support, no updates, no nothing. This is my last palm device after being a faithful user since 1998.
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Roi Batty

palm IIIe(clear plastic)/m130/Tungsten E/Sprint Treo 650/Treo 755p
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bartaholic View Post
    does anyone use Plantronics Voyager™ 510 with their 700p?
    friend of mine has one and loves it buthe does not have treo but some junk phone
    I used the Voyager 510 with my 650 and 700p. While it worked well with the 650 (expect for some minor static), it did not work well with the 700p. I had several issues including dropped connections, dropped lost pairings, and of course static. I would not consider the Voyager 510 compatible with the 700p.

Currently, I am using a Samsung WEP-200 and very happy with it. This is the first BT headset that I have used with any a Treo that didn't have static and had great call quality. I have tested Jabra 150, Jabra 250, Treo BT headset, and the Voyager 510. All of those headsets had static issues with both my Treo 650 & 700p

At first, I was skeptical about whether the WEP would stay in my ear. Much to my surprise, it stays in my ear really well. It is faster and easier to put in then an over the ear design like the Voyager, and it does not interfere with my eyeglasses.

I have found the WEP will go into some sort of sleep mode after about an hour or longer of nonuse. However, even if it is sleeping and a call comes in, just hit the answer button one or twice and the call will be routed to the headset.

Just make sure you get a genuine one, as there are several fakes around. I ordered from TreoCentral and was very happy.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    shameless plug:
    http://www.joby.com/
    i helped my buddy get the gorillapod going. i absolutely love the gorillapod. he then went all out for a headset. the headset link is here:
    http://www.joby.com/zivio.html

its not out yet, but expect pretty cool things from it when it comes around. i mean, how many headsets do you know that have memory shape alloy?
    Has anyone tried the NXZEN 5000?
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    I have no idea who the manuf is of the bluetooth in my car (Chrysler 300 C), but it has worked flawlessly with my old Razr, with my daughter's Samsung. Now with the 700P I'm having trouble. It drops the bt connection about 30 seconds after pairing.
    I spoke with Palm and they had me to a soft re-set and then delete the bt cache.
    I'll test and see if this works.
    Quote Originally Posted by terrycw View Post
    I have no idea who the manuf is of the bluetooth in my car (Chrysler 300 C), but it has worked flawlessly with my old Razr, with my daughter's Samsung. Now with the 700P I'm having trouble. It drops the bt connection about 30 seconds after pairing.
    I spoke with Palm and they had me to a soft re-set and then delete the bt cache.
    I'll test and see if this works.
    Terry,

Doing a soft reset is useless and they(Palm) know that. As a test, back up your phone to a SD card using Resco or NV Backup and then do a hard reset and then pair the phone. I would bet $5 that it will do the same thing as it did without any 3rd party software added. I had the same problems you are having and was ready to jump ship for an IPhone were it not for ATT.

After upgrading the ROM on the 700P to the modified 755 as described elsewhere in this forum I have had little or no problems. My phone stays linked to the BT headset for hours and hours and there are no drops at all. It appears to function as it should have when I bought it. It immediatly pairs with the car or headset without prompting when in range. You should consider trying the upgrade. You can always downgrade if you do not like it but it saved my phone from the scrap heap.

As for Palm support, they usually refer you to your service provider technical support who promptly blame it on 3rd party software. When I took my hard reset phone to a sprint store to demonstrate the problems I was having with 3 different BT headsets, the technician admitted that there was a "problem" with the BT stack on the phone but suggested that I buy yet another BT headset. Just for fun, in the store, I tried two additional headsets which did the same thing your car is doing. The technician suggested that he would NOT replace the phone for either a new or refurbished 700P or a 755. His suggestion, suck it up and use a wired headset. GREAT technical support.

Regards,

Jim
    I used to have the Jabra BT250v with my Treo 650, but it didn't work as well on the 700p, and eventually died.

Then I got a Plantronics 655 and found out what I'd been missing. The Plantronics has a range of 20 feet, and if it's charging and I get a phone call somewhere else in my house, it will engage when I answer. That might be a little annoying at times, but it's great to know how well it works.

It's tiny (Lt. Uhura would be jealous), light, and comfortable, and calls are clear on it. I've also had very few issues with it and the 700p. The only issue I do have (and it's rare, but happens on the order of once every couple months) is that it suddenly fails to pair. Switching Bluetooth off on the 700p and back on, or soft-rebooting the Treo solves this problem. I believe this is a Palm issue, not Plantronics'.

I'd recommend one of these to almost anyone. The only other one that I've heard raves about is the Jawbone, but it's larger, and more costly.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456