Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I ordered the H700 for my Treo 700p, but Palm needs to fix the problems with BT so my IHF1000 car kit will work consistently which is also listed as supported.
    Hi All, I have been trying for a few hours to pair the new palm ultra light bt with my treo 700p, It's not happening! Any suggestions before I sent it back?

Stonefoxx
    how did you get the ultra light to pair? I have been trying for hours and still no pair...
    I am sure I had it in pairing mode, It was searching for the device. I tried every thing from the book and from others. Is there a specific mode that I missed?

Ty
    StoneFoxx
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpmark
    If you have access to another 650 or 700p (friend or a local store), see if you can get it to pair with that unit. If you can, you have a bad 700p. Return it. If you can't get it to pair with another unit, you have a bad headset. Return it.
    My bluetooth works fine with hotsync just not this head set... I am sendingit back
    Quote Originally Posted by stonefoxx
    I am sure I had it in pairing mode, It was searching for the device. I tried every thing from the book and from others. Is there a specific mode that I missed?

Ty
    StoneFoxx
    So the LED was alternating between blue and red?
    Prob was a defective unit
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    purchashed the Plantronics 640 to pair with my 700p (VZN). If you have been following my posts, this is now my 4th heaset and still have BT issues.

BT headsets already tried include Motorolla H500
    Motorolla H700
    Jabra BT800
    All of those, except the 640, are on the compatibility list on Palm's website. All of those were returned because of what you described with you 640.....not being able to hear audio on the 640 when a call is placed from your 700p.

Although the 640 is NOT on Palm's compatibility list, and Palm will tell you as they have just told me via a phone call to a level2 tech in the Phillipines. Palm is not willing to admit there is ANY problems with their 700p phones regarding compatibility issues. They continue to point at 3rd party software.

They told me they could not do much in helping with my currect problem with the 640 since it is NOT on the compatibility list published on Palms website.

Palm only offered: After a HARD reset of the 700p to reestablish factory settings and programs and reconnection to a BT headset that is on their compatibility list and a problem still exists, Palm says that they would only say the problem is with that particular 700p and NOT all 700p's and would direct me back for a replacement at my point of purchase (Verizon).

Now, I agree that the Plantronics 640 is the BEST BT out of those listed as far as sound volume is concerned. The BT headset does pair (blue headphone icon on 700p) with the 700p without a problem.

The problem occures after the phone is powered completely down then turned back on. When turned back on it does pair with the headset but the calls audio does not tranfer to the headset when a call is dialed from the phone. A soft reset fixes that problem as you mentioned above but in my case the problem occures again when the phone is powered down again, thus requiring a soft reset again.

Palm tech support says....."it is not listed on the compatibility list". When you try to tell these people....3 out of the 4 headsets I have tried have the same problems. And 3 out of the 4 ARE on the compatibility list. To that you say 3rd party software comflicts but the 4th headset with the same problems you say "not on the compatibility list".

Very sub-standard tech support.
  9. mjf
    I am having same problem as Captmike with 2 other BT headsets on my 700P:
    the Motorola HS-820 and the Scala 500. Both pair perfectly and work perfectly THE FIRST CALL. Then, after turning off the phone and the headset,
    and turning the phone and headset back on, the devices do discover each other (as evidence by the pale bluetooth headset icon on the Treo) however the Treo 700P does NOT transfer the call to the headset. Interestingly, on the Motorola, I can hear a little blip at the start and at the end of the call, but the call itself is heard only on the Treo.

Just like CaptMike, I can solve the problem by doing a soft reset. But who wants to do that every single time you use the BT headset?

Are CaptMike and I the only 2 700P users having this problem? Any solutions?

Thanks much.
    Last edited by mjf; 08/08/2006 at 09:28 PM.
    Palm Pilot Personal -->Palm Personal with 2MB upgrade-->Palm IIIe-->Palm IIIXe-->Palm VIIx-->Palm i705-->Treo 600-->Treo700p
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    soft reset does it for me too
  11. mjf
    The fix seems to be: Just don't turn off Bluetooth (on the 700P)

If you leave BT on, even if you power off the phone and power it on again, then the 700P will continue to pass the audio to the headset. For some reason, once you turn BT off (and then back on)--- this screws up the passing of audio to the headset.

I had always wanted to keep BT off to save battery life on the Treo, but had never tested how bad to the battery leaving BT on was. Today, I was pleasantly surprised that leaving BT on for many hours without using any other features (and with the phone off), used only 1% battery life.

So until Palm fixes this glitch, the fix to prevent the bug where the 700p no longer passes audio to the headset is: leave BT on (or do a soft reset if you turn BT off and back on)
    Palm Pilot Personal -->Palm Personal with 2MB upgrade-->Palm IIIe-->Palm IIIXe-->Palm VIIx-->Palm i705-->Treo 600-->Treo700p
    I learned the hard way and turned BT off on my Sprint Treo 700p using my basic Treo brand BT headset. Never turn it off until a fix is available.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I knew it was too good to be true...

My first jx10 didn't transfer audio (yet it connected). Returned it... second one (as reported here) worked perfectly. Two weeks later and now the audio stopped transfering (I added no new software in this time)> I reset per Jabra's instructions - reset jx-10, phone (take battery out) delete pairing, start again... It worked for five minutes, then went out again.

And the treo has a new trick, it turns off bluetooth by itself. This started happening the same day the audio stopped transfering between the devices.

Very frustrating.

I'd like to delete trusted devices file manually using filez and give that a try. But it's locked. Won't let me delete it. Does anyone know how I can unlock it?

Thanks
    Last edited by Swap; 08/11/2006 at 11:13 AM.
    By far, the Motorola H700 is the best bluetooth headset for the Treo 700p. Wicked fast, it's so loud i have to acutally turn the darn thing down and that is a first for me as i'm a little hard of hearing. Super easy to pair and clairty is exceptional. Volume control is easy from the headset or the volume buttons on the treo will control the headset volume. You can even disable the annoying blinking blue light on it if you want to. This headset is TINY in comparsion to all the other headseats i've tried and i've tried about every one of them out there and super light weight. A flip out boom mic turns the unit on/off and a full charge on it takes less than an hour. Talk time is 2-3 days and i don't know what the standby time is but it's LONG. Never has dropped a connection during a call, never had any issues with answering, hanging up, muting etc... works flawlessly. You'll see pricing from 59.00-110.00 on this unit depending where you go to get it. So in summary if your looking for a wicked fast connecting, loud, stable headset for your Treo 700p the Motorola H700 is the answer for you.
    The H700 is pretty large and not an in-ear headset. Very different from the JX10. The H700 also got mostly bad reviews on amazon.com. FYI, talk time is NOT 2-3 days. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Swap
    I knew it was too good to be true...

My first jx10 didn't transfer audio (yet it connected). Returned it... second one (as reported here) worked perfectly. Two weeks later and now the audio stopped transfering (I added no new software in this time)> I reset per Jabra's instructions - reset jx-10, phone (take battery out) delete pairing, start again... It worked for five minutes, then went out again.

And the treo has a new trick, it turns off bluetooth by itself. This started happening the same day the audio stopped transfering between the devices.

Very frustrating.

I'd like to delete trusted devices file manually using filez and give that a try. But it's locked. Won't let me delete it. Does anyone know how I can unlock it?

Thanks
    Although you might not like the suggestion, I'd swap out that 2nd JX-10 with a new one... I suspect you're one of the unfortunate souls who has gotten two flakey units.

People who have purchased a solid unit have reported it working flawlessly, so keep trying!
    I have a Palm Support case pending on this topic. I am still waiting from two week ago for any real update. They are "researching the issue" but we all know its going to take af firmware update. I have also moved to not turning off my BT radio for now but that is not acceptable because if you do you need to soft reset.

I have the H700 and the IHF1000 paired to my Treo 700p and find they both work just fine when the pairing is not disurpted by turning BT on/off. The sound quality and battery life on the H700 has been just fine. I used it a lot on my recent business trip with no recharging, no issue no problem and I was on my phone a lot.
    I really find the form factor, connection speed and volume make the Sony HBH-GV435 the best headset out there.

Form factor: I love that there is absolutely NO mic protruding down my face. My hair completely hides the darned thing and its comfortability makes me forget I have it on. (I'm a girl so I likely have more hair than most of you ) O, and don't worry about that lanyard attachment in the pic below, that is purely optional

Volumn: This headset has an earpiece that swivels, so if you are like me and can't stand having something IN YOUR EAR, you can leave the speaker outside the ear, however in noisy situations you may choose to swivel it so that its inside the ear.

Connection: sometimes the darned thing rings before I even notice the phone ringing. Can't get much faster than that, eh?

K
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by nchargreed; 08/11/2006 at 12:11 PM.
    Pic???

EDIT: Thanks for the update!
    Last edited by javylsu; 08/11/2006 at 12:06 PM.
    Sprint Treo 700p
    The Motorola H700 definitely gets a big thumbs down. While there are no connection issues, the sound quality is very static y with the phone in your hand. I am hesitant to buy anything else, as I think those of you who indicate it is a software problem with the phone itself are probably right given all the trouble people are having.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast