Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Np
    New Treo 700P Sprint User
    Old Treo 600 Sprint User
    Has anyone tried the new Sony Ericsson HBH-GV435?
    I just called Radio Shack and they've never heard of it. Is it an online item only? Why aren't others on this forum talking about this miraculous little headset?
    Oops. Regarding this response:

Folks I have the nextlink Bluespoon AX2, Works like a charm with the 700p bluetooth system. 8 hours talk time, 1500 hours standby time, 1.2 bluetooth compliant, 10 grams, approx 30' distance. Sounds great, and it is reasonable in price. Made in Scandinavia, can be had at Radio Shack. Product has one of the highest ratings re: many of the bluetooth reviews.

I just called Radio Shack and they've never heard of it. Is it an online item only? Why aren't others on this forum talking about this miraculous little headset?
    You're talking about the Nextlink Bluespoon AX2. It has been talked about on this forum. It's tiny yes, but sound quality is not great and it gets crackly if you move it on the other side of your body from your Treo. I had this headset when I had a Treo 650. There are much better headsets out there for the same price or less.

Every Radio Shack here in Vegas has a couple in stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    You're talking about the Nextlink Bluespoon AX2. It has been talked about on this forum. It's tiny yes, but sound quality is not great and it gets crackly if you move it on the other side of your body from your Treo. I had this headset when I had a Treo 650. There are much better headsets out there for the same price or less.

Every Radio Shack here in Vegas has a couple in stock.
    Do the "Pro" modification and the AX2 becomes the best in-ear BT headset available. Bar none.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    Do the "Pro" modification and the AX2 becomes the best in-ear BT headset available. Bar none.
    Not really. That modification doesn't help it in the range and interference department. Still gets crackly if it's not on the same side of your body as the Treo.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Well after no luck with the Motorola H500 or H700, I now have the Jabra BT800 and despite the same initial problem with it as with the two mentioned above...loss of paring after either the headset or the 700p is turned off...all of its functions are working fine now. Cannot explain it. No resets were done on the phone.

The BT800 will redial the phone, it will ring and or vibrate on incoming calls, Iím able to actually hear the person that I'm talking to when I imitate a call from the phone or if someone calls me....working as designed.

The only reasons that I am going to return the Jabra BT800 are:

A bit uncomfortable around the ear
    The person on the other end of the conversation does not hear me well
    Volume for reception does not go quite high enough for me.
    I found the Bluetrek X2 to be an excellent headset for the 700p. Redial, mute, pairing work great and it connects fast. 14 hour talk time and long 21-day standby power (though it mentions you can only charge it up to 500 times). Decent volume levels, 15 grams and it's water resistant (which is great for me as a runner/bicyclist). The price was mentioned to be high, but picked one up at Amazon for a good price. I still need to try it in wind and weather, but so far the connections have been clear.

Anyone else try it?
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    Here is what I posted in one of the many BT threads:

"Bought the Treo BT headset (basic) $55 from TreoCentral Store.
    The reviews I read were average but the convenience of using the same charger as the T700p was a big plus.
    For me the risk was about $25 because I was gonna buy a spare charger anyway.
    So far so good.
    Works great. Reception and sound levels are great
    Based on other threads- I never turn BT off on my 700p.
    No problems connecting.
    Initially had problems pairing (couldn't get the headset to show a solid light to pair-was about to give up then it worked)
    I am very pleased so far.
    Good Luck"
    Agreed.
    Not really. That modification doesn't help it in the range and interference department. Still gets crackly if it's not on the same side of your body as the Treo.
    Name an in-ear headset that's better. Waiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    Name an in-ear headset that's better. Waiting.
    If by "in-ear" you're talking about something that has an ear-gel or a piece that goes into your ear canal, then:

Plantronics Discovery 640 / 645
    Jabra JX10
    Nextlink Bluespoon 5G

There are more...
    If by "in-ear" you're talking about something that has an ear-gel or a piece that goes into your ear canal, then:

Plantronics Discovery 640 / 645
    Jabra JX10
    Nextlink Bluespoon 5G

There are more...
    None of those are better than the AX2 Pro. Please read next time. I've owned every one of those (yes, even the 5g) and non are comparable to the AX2 Pro. Waiting.
    What are you waiting for? I've tried the Discovery 645 and Bluespoon 5G. They are good. The AX2 "Pro." isn't even an official product. Just something someone put together that others are now doing themselves...
    What are you waiting for? I've tried the Discovery 645 and Bluespoon 5G. They are good. The AX2 "Pro." isn't even an official product. Just something someone put together that others are now doing themselves...
    So you've never even tried the AX2 Pro and you're claiming that the 645 and 5G are better? Sounds pretty worthless to me. I've tried all three, along with the JX10, IV835, AX, HB800 and HB900.

Again, I'm waiting for you to back up your claim that there are better in-ear headsets than the AX2 Pro.
    Hi All, I am new here, I just got the ultra light head set from palm however, it wont pair with my 700p (sprint). I have been trying for an hour and still cant resolve this issue can any one help me?

Thank you
    My treo 700p will not pair with the "New" ultra light weight head set from plam
    Does any one any any suggestions before I return this POS.

Regards,

StoneFoxx
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    If you have access to another 650 or 700p (friend or a local store), see if you can get it to pair with that unit. If you can, you have a bad 700p. Return it. If you can't get it to pair with another unit, you have a bad headset. Return it.
    Quote Originally Posted by stonefoxx
    My treo 700p will not pair with the "New" ultra light weight head set from plam
    Does any one any any suggestions before I return this POS.

Regards,

StoneFoxx
    Do you have it in pairing mode?

p.s. Did islndboi die?
    Last edited by 2000 Man; 07/28/2006 at 05:55 PM.
    Sony Ericsson HBH-GV435 seems nice, anyone bought it already for 700p? Does it has vibration function??

Basically I prefer to put the earphone in my pocket with palm in bag. And ONLY vibration will alarm me a phone coming....anyone does the same??
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast