Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Just researching online and found this:
    http://blueheadsets.zoovy.com/product/DISCOVERY645
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jds4300
    Just researching online and found this:
    http://blueheadsets.zoovy.com/product/DISCOVERY645
    Appears to be an incorrect retailer statement. If you follow the link they provide to Plantronics' website, you find this, which shows all headsets compatible with the 650:

http://www.plantronics.com/north_am...requestid=35375

The 645 is the first one listed.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpmark
    Appears to be an incorrect retailer statement. If you follow the link they provide to Plantronics' website, you find this, which shows all headsets compatible with the 650:

http://www.plantronics.com/north_am...requestid=35375

The 645 is the first one listed.
    Your link gives me a page not found error.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Last edited by dcpmark; 07/13/2006 at 12:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JAndrews
    One question...my old Jabra gel earpiece has some protruding edges around two opposing sides (used to ensure it is correctly oriented on the Jabra headset). Did you cut these off to ensure a tighter fit on the TWH or did you just leave then on?
    I walked outta radio shack, sat in my car, slipped it on and haven't done a thing since....it's those two protrudiung things, each running about 150 outta the 180 degrees of the half circle on each side which hold it on
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    “Clem”

Regarding your response to this case.

I asked you if you are aware of the problems that users were having between their 700p and their bluetooth headsets and I provided the below attached links. You did not answer that question.
    Please respond to that that question.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/s...25&page=1&pp=20

http://discussion.treocentral.com/s...ad.php?t=116942

I did not report to you in the initial message that I was unable to pair with a bluetooth headset but yet you offered the below attached solution.

While I do not have a bluetooth headset at this time because none of them would operate correctly with the 700p I will be trying another brand in the near future.

I look forward to your response to the questions asked here.

xxxxx

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2006 5:53 PM
    To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Subject: Palm Support [Case ID #: xxxxxxx]

Dear xxxxxxxxxxx:

Thank you for contacting Palm Technical Support. My name is Clem and I will be assisting you with regard to the Bluetooth® connectivity problem you are encountering with your Treo™ 700p. I understand that you are unable to pair your Smartphone with Bluetooth headset and you would like to know how to resolve this problem.

I realize the importance of your issue xxxxxxxxxxx, and look forward towards providing you with an appropriate resolution.

To properly address your concern, please provide us with the type of Bluetooth headset you are using with your Treo 700p. Also, this information may help us simulate the problem you are encountering.

Regarding the “Auto-Answer” feature, it is possible that this feature is set to “disable”. You will need to reconfigure the preferences of your Smartphone and enable this feature. To do this, please follow the steps provided below.

1. Press the Application Launcher or Home button.
    2. Launch the Prefs application.
    3. Select Handsfree under the Communication preferences.
    4. Select your desired option on the Auto answer drop-down menu.
    5. Tap on Done.

xxxxxxxxxx, we want to make sure that your issue is resolved. If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again. You can also find more information about Palm products, including troubleshooting articles and frequently asked questions at:

http://www.palm.com/us/support

A Customer Satisfaction Survey will be emailed to you shortly. We hope you will take the time to provide us with feedback about your support experience, as it will help us in our effort to continually improve our services.

Thank you for choosing Palm.

Sincerely,

Clem
    Palm Technical Support

--- Original Message ---
    Please take note of the links below to better give you an understanding of the frustration with the 700p

device: 3
    device name: Treo 700p (Verizon)
    os name: Windows XP Pro
    General Issue: Wireless Services
    <product>Treo 700p (Verizon)</product>
    <fname>xxxxx </fname>
    <lname>xxxxxxxxxxx</lname>
    <email>xxxxxxxx</email>
    Email Confirm: xxxxxxxxx
    <phone>xxxxxxxx</phone>
    Time Zone: PST
    Palm OS: Palm OS® software v5.x
    Palm Desktop: Other
    Processor: Intel Pentium 4
    Desktop RAM: 512MB or greater
    Handheld Connection: Serial
    mobile carrier: Verizon Wireless
    Successful HotSync: yes
    Changes Since Last HotSync:
    3rd Party Applications: none
    Detailed Description: I trust that you have knowledge of the problems users are having with paring/compatibility with bluetooth headsets and the 700p. Even those that you have listed as "compatible" on this website are having alot of problems. I have already spoken to several tech reps of this problem...no help to date.

Please take note of the links below to better give you an understanding of the frustration with the 700p

<daterec>07/11/2006 12:25</daterec>
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    This is why customer support is so bad. No one acknowledges that there is a pairing problem with the 700p and bluetooth headsets. More to come
    I bought a 640 ultralight and loved the way it went into the ear. But, I had connection problems where it would not answer unless I messed with the answer button. It was like it went to sleep and needed to be woken up to work again.

Then I bought the JX-10. Fits like a dream. Worked great for a few days but then exhibited some weirdness. I would make a call and hear the connection sound in the earpiece but then nothing else. Found out that if I pressed the answer button twice that it would connect most times….not acceptable to me.

Then after I had those problems it lost the connection altogether and I could not pair it back up.

I just about gave up on it and decided to give it a nights rest and try again in the morning. I charged it up and the next day it worked flawlessly.

I used for a day or two and then the same problems occurred.

It finally dawned on me that it needs to be charged every day. Since I have kept it charged up I have had no problems whatsoever. I leave it in the car and when I get back and the Treo is near it again it answers calls immediately.

Keep it charged!

I love the way it charges too. At the office I have a desktop charging unit that works very well. When I am on the road (I am a salesman so am on the road all the time) it comes with a nice small and short USB cable.

Since I already have a couple of USB wall chargers that I use with my retractable Treo cord I have to carry MUCH LESS to keep the JX-10 fully charged. I also have a car charger that takes the USB cord and or course, my laptop.

The 640 had the goofiest wall charger around. It is huge with this really long cord that does not travel well.

The JX-10 also comes with a nice magnet-top case that works great in the briefcase.

If you travel a lot the JX-10 is wonderful.
    I have to say, I was excited to get the Palm Ultralight delivered, but I've found that it has exactly the same reception issues as the Plantronics 320 that I already had. I can't holster the phone without static. I can have the phone sitting on my desk and use the BT to chat to people, but if I move much at all, it goes crackly.

Needless to say, the Ultralight is headed back home today. I haven't tried the JX10 yet, but I am pondering it.

Steve
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scanRsteve
    I have to say, I was excited to get the Palm Ultralight delivered, but I've found that it has exactly the same reception issues as the Plantronics 320 that I already had. I can't holster the phone without static. I can have the phone sitting on my desk and use the BT to chat to people, but if I move much at all, it goes crackly.

Needless to say, the Ultralight is headed back home today. I haven't tried the JX10 yet, but I am pondering it.

Steve

I had this problem with all the headsets I tried too. I exchanged the 700 at my Sprint store and the static is gone.
    I would have to agree about the TWH (the older Treo headset). I've had the Jx10 and Plantronics 640. So far it is the only one that do not disconnect. Also with the added jabra eargel, it is the loudest of the 3. Jx10 is probably comparable but the disconnect and people not understanding what I'm saying makes it the worst headset for me of the 3.
    Well up until last night my Basic Palm BT headset worked flawlessly. I then did something I swore I wouldn't do based on some posts in various threads. I turned off the BT on my Treo to determine how much it would improve the battery life.

Well now there's no connection. The icon on the Treo doesn't appear. However when attempt to go through the setup again it sees the Treo Headset under "known devices" but won't connect.

Soft, and hard reset did nothing.

Any suggestions
    TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Did you delete the headset profile under known devices and re-pair the two?
    Quote Originally Posted by perry_rob
    Did you delete the headset profile under known devices and re-pair the two?
    perry_rob,
    I'm not sure how to do that. When All Know Devices displays "Treo Headset" I can't delete it and/or there's not a drop down menu to allow me to do anything. Screen bottom choices are "OK" or "Cancel"

TIA
    Last edited by TurboTiger; 07/20/2006 at 09:39 AM.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    I have to say that I love the old Treo Wireless Headset with the 700p. I get much more range than I did with my 650, and it seems that the earpiece connects as soon as I dial a number (my 650 used to not connect until the other person had already answered the phone) It also seems like now I am able to interupt the person I am talking to rather than having to wait for them to finish talking. I don't see any reason to shop for alternatives at this point.
    Folks I have the nextlink Bluespoon AX2, Works like a charm with the 700p bluetooth system. 8 hours talk time, 1500 hours standby time, 1.2 bluetooth compliant, 10 grams, approx 30' distance. Sounds great, and it is reasonable in price. Made in Scandinavia, can be had at Radio Shack. Product has one of the highest ratings re: many of the bluetooth reviews.

And the smallest headset that I could find (see picture).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    New Treo 700P Sprint User
    Old Treo 600 Sprint User
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    perry_rob,
    I'm not sure how to do that. When All Know Devices displays "Treo Headset" I can't delete it and/or there's not a drop down menu to allow me to do anything. Screen bottom choices are "OK" or "Cancel"

TIA
    Choose 'details' and then 'delete device'
    Quote Originally Posted by perry_rob
    Choose 'details' and then 'delete device'
    Details is not a choice on any of the screens. I use the menu button but nothing displays "details"
    I'm really confused here.
    TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    TurboTiger:

Go to preferences, Bluetooth, Setup Devices, Trusted Devices, Details - after highlighting the device, Delete the device.
    New Treo 700P Sprint User
    Old Treo 600 Sprint User
    Quote Originally Posted by Demo
    TurboTiger:

Go to preferences, Bluetooth, Setup Devices, Trusted Devices, Details - after highlighting the device, Delete the device.
    Demo,
    That did it for me. I just missed the Trusted Devices field.

and tks to Perry_rob

iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast