1.    #1  
    I have a Treo 650 and a Windows Media Center Edition computer. The Palm website says that PalmDesktop won't hotsync for anyone with MCE. I imaging with all the creative techies out there a way has been found.

Note:
    My computer recognizes new hardware. Interestingly, it makes ding upon initiating the HotSync, and then again when the error (on the Treo) pops up. No windows or errors pop up on the computer, however.

Thanks so much in advance! A gigantic help!
    Blake
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Is Hotsync running on the desktop? MCE should run anything that runs on XP Home, or Pro. MCE is just a subste of addons to XP. Palm does not support tablet edition either, but it runs fine on my tablet. If you run the full install from your treo cd it should work fine.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks swagner, it worked. I appreciate it!
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    You are very welcome. I am not sure why some companies insist they do not "officially support" Media Center or Tablet PC versions of XP. They are simply XP with a few add ons. I am sure this will get even more complex when all of the versions of Vista come out. This is part of Microsoft's poor marketing when it comes to Windows.
    I tried to install palm desktop on my windows media center pc, it always give me the 1607: unable to install installshield scripting runtime. but it installs fine in my other windows xp home pc.
    anybody?
    I still can't sync the Treo 650 with Windows XP Media Center Edition. Palm says they don't support it, and apparently the only way to get it to work is to overwrite the whole damn operating system on the laptop with XP Pro or XP Home edition.

Yes, it worked great for many months, syncing everyday with Outlook. Then the computer stopped acknowledging the USB connection to the Treo. Palm had me reinstall the Palm Desktop software and it worked!... for only one sync. Now it won't work no matter how many times I reinstall anything. It won't sync via Bluetooth either.

Palm also said that if I could get it to work, it could screw up the computer. I'll take the risk.

There has got to be a patch for this! Anyone? Please help!

Even if you have a clue of where I can look, please email me right away at kerry @ hitscreative . com
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zackwz
    I tried to install palm desktop on my windows media center pc, it always give me the 1607: unable to install installshield scripting runtime. but it installs fine in my other windows xp home pc.
    Your problem intrigued me since I am also running Palm Desktop on an OS other than "plain vanilla" XP. (I have been running it on Win2K3 Enterprise Server. No problems installing. No problems synching.... so far.)

I did a search on the 1627 error and came up with;

This error message is a system-specific error and can be caused by a system-specific setting. This article attempts to list all the possible steps that have known to resolve this error. Depending on your system, you may need to try some or all of the listed solutions

Full article at;
    Installshield Page

Another article by Microsoft;
    MS Knowledgebase

Hope this helps

Dave