1.    #1  
    ok I'm glad to see that the 700p supports *.zip files in a limited way. Versamail will open and unzip *.zip attachments. that's great, but what if I have a zip file just chilling on my memory card that I want to access. Treo should support that too bacause I just downloaded bejewled 2 from palmgear in a zip file on my sd card and now I can't do anything to open it (other than emailing it to myself and open it with versamail) Is there any way to open a zip file on my card? If not, What is the best zip opening 3rd party software?
    ps. I use zlauncher
    resco explorer
    handzipper
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano
    ok I'm glad to see that the 700p supports *.zip files in a limited way. Versamail will open and unzip *.zip attachments. that's great, but what if I have a zip file just chilling on my memory card that I want to access. Treo should support that too bacause I just downloaded bejewled 2 from palmgear in a zip file on my sd card and now I can't do anything to open it (other than emailing it to myself and open it with versamail) Is there any way to open a zip file on my card? If not, What is the best zip opening 3rd party software?
    ps. I use zlauncher
    I second Handzipper, get it for FREE:
    Handzipper
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Compose a new message in Versamail, attach the zip file, and save it as a draft. Open the draft, and let Versamail unzip it.

Or just get a real unzipper.
  6.    #6  
    I just installed handzipper lite and it does not work. I go to the "unzip" tab and there is nothing there. But in zlauncher I go to my sd card and I can see 2 zip files in my palm/programs/blaser/downloads folder.
    I even moved the 2 files to the root of the card and still no files appear in the unzip section and there are no options to browse. very crappy program imo
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano
    I just installed handzipper lite and it does not work. I go to the "unzip" tab and there is nothing there. But in zlauncher I go to my sd card and I can see 2 zip files in my palm/programs/blaser/downloads folder.
    I even moved the 2 files to the root of the card and still no files appear in the unzip section and there are no options to browse. very crappy program imo
    I think (and I'm not sure) that handzipper lite will unzip things you dowload from Blazer - when you click on the zip file it will ask you to save and open - but it will not unzip from the SD card. Handzipper (full, not lite) will.

I THINK this is the case from when I dowloaded them.
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    With handzipper lite you can zip files on the Treo, but only unzip a newly downloaded file that you selected handzip as manage.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    Toysoft has a full featured application that has presented me with no problems, it is LightNZip.

Ben
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    I don't think handzip lite supports SD cards. You need the full version for SD support.
    Lightnzip works just fine, Handzipper did not work on my 700p, and the last updated version of handzipper is fairly old.