Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    i put my screen protector around the antenna, 3 pieces

2 around the antenna and one piece ontop, worked out great !
    does anyone use this charger with the best skin ever, i am thinking it would fit but i am not sure if the skin would get messed over time from sliding in and out of this charger, if it is a tight fit

http://i1.ebayimg.com/04/i/07/d3/48/9a_2.JPG
    That looks like the Palm cradle. I use the 700P with the BSE and it fits fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    My skins are great and I am loving them. The only problem is that my pouch side case is putting some wear on my right side skins due to the constant replacing of my device. It starting to get frayed at the top. Anybody else having any chafing issues with their holsters, pouches, etc? Maybe thats another reason why they are cheap...as to the fact you will be replacing them often depending how much wear and tear you put on them. I should have bought a set.
    I'm not having this problem with my Treo as I carry it with only the BSE. My iPod on the other hand does have this issue from using it with the iPod holder I have in my car. The skin is separating from the iPod along edge seams where the two parts of the skin meet. It took quite a while for that to happen. As you mention, it's a good thing they are so cheap. How long have you had yours on your Treo?
    Quote Originally Posted by allen2oo3
    no problems here.
    My pouch is probably not the same as yours. My pouch has a real snug fit and doesn't look like any I have seen on any sites. I got it from some wireless store in my area and I can't even remember the make. I noticed that pouches I have seen online look a little lose compared to mine. Mine is so snug I have to tug on it when I put my finger thru the loop to flip my Treo out, and I am thinking that the snuggness is causing the chafing in that one area. I could just go get another pouch, but I like this one alot since it secures my Treo real good.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    I'm not having this problem with my Treo as I carry it with only the BSE. My iPod on the other hand does have this issue from using it with the iPod holder I have in my car. The skin is separating from the iPod along edge seams where the two parts of the skin meet. It took quite a while for that to happen. As you mention, it's a good thing they are so cheap. How long have you had yours on your Treo?
    Going on 1 half months...its not frayed bad, just a little. It seemed to start and then it stopped not wearing any more for now. I stated in my prior post about how my pouch is really snug, and that is what is causing it. I have a unique pouch that I happen to love so I am just going to plan on ordering a couple of more BSE's because I don't want another side pouch.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by theswami
    That looks like the Palm cradle. I use the 700P with the BSE and it fits fine.

ok thanks, ya it is the palm desktop charger

just wanted to make sure there was no problem docking it on that cradle with the BSE, didnt want the fit to be too tight and ruin the skin
  8.    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    My skins are great and I am loving them. The only problem is that my pouch side case is putting some wear on my right side skins due to the constant replacing of my device. It starting to get frayed at the top. Anybody else having any chafing issues with their holsters, pouches, etc? Maybe thats another reason why they are cheap...as to the fact you will be replacing them often depending how much wear and tear you put on them. I should have bought a set.
    I'm having a similar issue as well. My treo gets a workout against the Seideio holster when I have my seatbelt on. The BSE is getting wrinkled at the sides from the edge of the holster.
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot
    ok thanks, ya it is the palm desktop charger

just wanted to make sure there was no problem docking it on that cradle with the BSE, didnt want the fit to be too tight and ruin the skin
    I have the BSE on my 650 with the same cradle. It was tight at first, but now it fits perfectly with no signs of wear on the BSE.
    I'm considering getting the BSE for the Treo 700wx that I'm getting ready to buy. Now that some time has passed, I wonder how it's holding up for you? Do you still think it's worth buying?
    My BSE is holding up great since I installed it in July. The only issues are the accumulation of dirt around some of the edges of the pieces. I think that is going to occur with any stick-on protectors and is not something unique to BSE.

The other thing is that I have noticed the BSE develop a bit of a brownish tint over time however, you really have to look hard to notice and it is not something that would appear unless you pointed it out to someone. The Invisible Shield I have on my iPod does not suffer from the discoloration and I've had that longer than the BSE.

I will probably try the Invisible Shield when the BSE wears out but the BSE shows no signs of wear so I may just stick with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    My BSE is holding up great since I installed it in July. The only issues are the accumulation of dirt around some of the edges of the pieces. I think that is going to occur with any stick-on protectors and is not something unique to BSE.

The other thing is that I have noticed the BSE develop a bit of a brownish tint over time however, you really have to look hard to notice and it is not something that would appear unless you pointed it out to someone. The Invisible Shield I have on my iPod does not suffer from the discoloration and I've had that longer than the BSE.

I will probably try the Invisible Shield when the BSE wears out but the BSE shows no signs of wear so I may just stick with it.
    Thanks for the input! Please keep it coming.

One of my biggest fears is that when the time comes to replace the BSE, it will, in some way, damage the Treo. I wonder if anyone out there has pulled it off after significant use?
    Quote Originally Posted by semperfidelis View Post
    One of my biggest fears is that when the time comes to replace the BSE, it will, in some way, damage the Treo. I wonder if anyone out there has pulled it off after significant use?
    I think the BSE and Invisible Shield use similar adhesive. I have removed IS from iPods before and there is no residue. I expect similar from BSE.
    From what I've read, the BSE and IS are the identical material, just different cut patterns. Although it's more pieces to adhere, I believe the BSE protect more of the phone.

I just replaced my first set of BSE after roughly 5/6 months. Good thing about them being so cheap is you can do it often. I can't see the need to replace them more than 2 or 3 times a year at the most.

Eventually, they start to dull a bit, but you're not really aware of it until you replace them with a fresh set. From your pants, a little lint can collect along the edges of some of the pieces. It can be pulled away, but can take bits of the adhesive with it, causing them to start to peel a bit. But, that takes many months to occur.

Nice things is you can get several sets of BSE for the price of a set of IS, so you can replace them often.

The old set removed easily with no damge to the phone or any residue left behind.
  15.    #95  
    I'm considering getting the BSE for the Treo 700wx that I'm getting ready to buy. Now that some time has passed, I wonder how it's holding up for you? Do you still think it's worth buying?
    The only negative is that my Seidio holster tends to pinch the sides and rub causing it to de-laminate/wrinkle. I've since stopped using the holster (I already wear a Nextel i930 in a holster....too uber-geek to wear TWO mobile devices on the belt). There are spots that have delaminated from the holster but they haven't gotten any worse since no longer using it. I have a 45 minute walk to work and it's in my front pocket the trip to/from work and during the day... It's still intact and still doing it's job.
    Dammmmm!! a 45min walk to work? That is crazy I hope it's not up hill both ways LOL

BUT, good for you to do that daily. I wish I had the desire to do that.
    Thanks for the input! Please keep it coming.

I about to replace my BSE due to dulling and dirt on the edges and I can say there is ZERO residue left on the Treo. I love the product but I expect to replace the skin every 6 months. They last longer but the dirt/oil from my hands, lint in my pocket, dirt/dust from the tables I place the device on caused the skin to look less than attractive. No one but me noticed but I hated the look enough to want to replace it.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Has anyone tried covering the keyboard and buttons with the BSE??
    I wonder if that would work? My hard buttons and 5-way is starting to wear off
  19.    #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by JiNnEr View Post
    Has anyone tried covering the keyboard and buttons with the BSE??
    I wonder if that would work? My hard buttons and 5-way is starting to wear off
    I don't think you understand. The pieces are die-cut to the shape of the treo....seperate shapes for the sides, back, ear piece and speaker area. You don't cut-out anything yourself and there aren't any die-cuts for the buttons or 5-way
    If you want to protect your keyboard, get a ZCover skin case or the Palm Flexi Skin.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast