Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by brisk
    yea come to think of it, the solution the installer used was something mixed. like i think he said it was 70% water and 30% alcohol or something. but i did install this before on my a900, and i dunked the whole thing in soap water, but it was TOO wet to apply and water got everywhere. so this time, i think just spraying the sticky side should be good no?

p.s. milenkoD, isn't taht clear bra awesome? i love it. it protects my front, but i get chips elsewhere on the hood. how far back does your clear bra go on your car?
    Mine goes back about a foot or so. Aft of that...it's all chipped from the rare times a rock happens to pelt me mid-hood.

As far as keeping it wet, let it drip off and/or run you finger accross it to wipe off the excess. A small spry bottle to mist it with sounds like a good idea.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    yea misting is good.
    did you just use your fingers to apply this? fingerprints wasn't a issue?

btw, 1foot seems kinda short...mine goes up about 2feet i think. does yours wrap the hood as in like cover the front edges?
  3.    #23  
    yea misting is good.
    did you just use your fingers to apply this? fingerprints wasn't a issue?
    Not an issue as long as you keep your fingers moist with the solution.

btw, 1foot seems kinda short...mine goes up about 2feet i think. does yours wrap the hood as in like cover the front edges?
    Maybe is a bit longer...yes, wraps down the fenders, thicker applicatioin on the HID lenses, foglights. Also on the backside of the side mirrors, door edges and trunk lid. I'm all covered
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD
    Not an issue as long as you keep your fingers moist with the solution.
    Sounds good!

Maybe is a bit longer...yes, wraps down the fenders, thicker applicatioin on the HID lenses, foglights. Also on the backside of the side mirrors, door edges and trunk lid. I'm all covered
    Ah same setup as mine minus the trunk lid.
    but i got one on my rear fender flare lol
    mild soap is usually PH balanced so I would assume that its totaly safe. Windex, on the other hand is not, I would not use it.
    This is good advice, and don't use any alcohol. I just got my BSEs and installed all parts except the screen saver in about 20-minutes. I only dipped them in water and found them easy to slide into place during final adjustment of each piece.

I have put Invisible Shields on about four iPods for myself and friends and found the small BSE parts to be simple and forgiving to install compared to the larger iPod pieces.

Just take your time and they will go on fine.
    Here's some other tips from my personal experience of the application: ...
    Thanks for taking the time to explain this!
    Thanks for the tips also...mine had better be in the mail today!!!
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I ordered mine on Friday and got it in the mail on Wednesday. (July 4th was Tuesday so I guess it affected the delivery). So far I like the BSE. It was a bit tricky to apply on some parts of the Treo especially the part that covers the surroundings of the earpiece on the top front.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    I have ordered my BSE for the Treo 650 today!!!! I went ahead and ordered 2 of them because it might be handy to have a backup...in the event I trash it...LOL.

If the install goes well maybe a buddy of mine that has a 650 would like it!
    I just installed my BSE last night..I'm sooo happy with it, it looks great, adds a bit of grip, and I just feel so much more comfortable with it being better protected.

I do not have any intention of installing the screen protector portion of it, so I cut it up and am putting the bits on some of the unprotected parts, like the center button which I tore up on the 650 because of Bike or Die.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    BSE + Crystal Clear Case is working great for me. The instruction is on the back of the receipt. i use water + baby soap... if the skin get "too" wet it'll take longer to "settle". just push with your finger tips and use a credit card to push the air pocket out... it's pretty easy. Like other said...take your time. Do keep your finger tips wet or it'll stick to the skin.

HTH.
    Visor -> Treo 300 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Treo 800w
    The only problem I've ever encountered when installing these BSE is that when I try to get bubbles out, it leaves the BSE kind of wrinkley in the trail or path the bubble takes to get out.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    The only problem I've ever encountered when installing these BSE is that when I try to get bubbles out, it leaves the BSE kind of wrinkley in the trail or path the bubble takes to get out.
    you're being too agressive with a credit card or squeeggee device and stretching the skin...take it easy
    Finally got it in the mail. One of my old hobbies was modeling, so I used those patient skills to apply the skins and they went on perfect, and I was done in 20 minutes. I took the battery out and did the battery cover first, then the rear upper portion, then the section that covers the Palm and Sprint logo, after that the bottome, ending with the sides, letting it set for a couple of minutes in between each application handling the phone very carefully. I had a solution of soap and water in a bowl and just got my fingers wet and applied the residue from my fingers on the skins...no more, no less, which allowed it to cure enough in between applications so I can get the whole thing done. I didn't use a credit card to push out the bubbles if there was any. I kept my right hands finger tips wet with soapy water, and just petted it away smoothly on each application and since I didn't soak the skins, they stayed on well enough for me to lightly handle the phone as I went back to perfect everything. They look perfect now...I can only imagine what they will look like when completely cured, and the shiny clear coat finish looks real nice.
    at&t iPhone3G
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    Finally got it in the mail........They look perfect now...I can only imagine what they will look like when completely cured, and the shiny clear coat finish looks real nice.
    Fantastic! Still, I think this is the best option to protect your Treo from everyday wear-and-tear.
    They look perfect now...I can only imagine what they will look like when completely cured, and the shiny clear coat finish looks real nice.
    And now how do they look?
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr
    And now how do they look?
    Words can't explain...I will try to use some from the english language. It gives the phone a glossy clear coat look as well along with its protective properties. It doesn't even look like I applied it...Instead it looks like it came that way from the manufacturer. Thats how awesome it looks.

I would post some pics, but the picture quality wouldn't be able to explain what I am trying to.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Words can't explain...I will try to use some from the english language. It gives the phone a glossy clear coat look as well along with its protective properties. It doesn't even look like I applied it...Instead it looks like it came that way from the manufacturer. Thats how awesome it looks.
    Agreed . It took 2-3 days for some very small bubbles on my battery cover to disappear but they are all gone and the application looks professional. Great product at a very good price.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    Agreed . It took 2-3 days for some very small bubbles on my battery cover to disappear but they are all gone and the application looks professional. Great product at a very good price.
    Lets just say it looks so good that now I have to find something protective to protect miy skins...LMAO
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    KStewart, who is your avy please? I think I'm in love.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast