Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    I'm up for contract renewal with Verizon next month and I'll get a $100 credit towards a phone. I'm not currently a PDA phone user but I need more organization in my busy life, and I'm tired of carrying my phone and Palm PDA around all the time.

    I can get the 650 for $150 or 700p for $300; at twice the amount is the 700p that much better than the 650? I probably don't have that much need for web browsing, but the e-mails function would be nice.

    I was also looking at the BlackBerry 7250 but I really do like the features of the Treo.
  2. #2  
    700p
  3. #3  
    700p
  4. #4  
    if you have extra $$$ to spend then get the 700p.
    diane
  5. Stryker#WN's Avatar
    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    #5  
    700p :d
  6. #6  
    Ex 650 owners beg to differ.
    at&t iPhone3G
  7. #7  
    Give the blackberry serious consideration. It functions better as a moble internet device.

    Either the 650 or 700 will be a giant leap forward if you've never had a "smartphone". However, if you get the 650, you may end up pining for a 700 and think to yourself why didn't you just get the 700 or a bit more. They are very similar except that the 700 have evdo and more memory. For $150, your extending the future-proof-ness a bit longer.

    The other consideration, do you have 3rd party applications that you run on you Palm PDA? There's a good chance that the 650/700 may be a better choice then because you can run them on the Treo. Your contacts and other infor are easily ported from you Paln PDA to the Treo.
    Plus, there are far more other applications and games for the palm line. I can't think of any for the BB
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD
    Give the blackberry serious consideration. It functions better as a moble internet device.
    Sure do love the feel of the Treo though, but the BB is kinda still in the running.

    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD
    Either the 650 or 700 will be a giant leap forward if you've never had a "smartphone". However, if you get the 650, you may end up pining for a 700 and think to yourself why didn't you just get the 700 or a bit more. They are very similar except that the 700 have evdo and more memory. For $150, your extending the future-proof-ness a bit longer.
    MilenkoD, that's my greatest fear.

    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD
    The other consideration, do you have 3rd party applications that you run on you Palm PDA? There's a good chance that the 650/700 may be a better choice then because you can run them on the Treo. Your contacts and other infor are easily ported from you Paln PDA to the Treo. Plus, there are far more other applications and games for the palm line. I can't think of any for the BB
    I need it for business and I'm not a gamer so the game apps wouldn't get any use. I really like the fact that my 500+ names and contact info would be easily ported; I'd hate to have to transfer 6 years worth of info again.
  9. #9  
    I need it for business and I'm not a gamer so the game apps wouldn't get any use.
    Not a gamer here either, but I do have a few applications that aren't games.
  10. #10  
    If I were to consider any Blackberry it would be the 8700. But a Treo 700p for $300!? Jump all over that bad boy! I've had both Blackberries and Treos. No expandable storage for the Blackberry knocks it out of the running for me. I'm not so worried about lack of a camera, but I can't stand worrying about space for carrying documents around with me. Plus, when the Blackberry runs low on storage space it starts to act flakey. Mine always did, and lots of other folks have run into the same issues. Push email like the Blackberry's is addictive, but finally we Treo users have options for push email. That Blackberry edge is fading fast. The BB still is awesome for mobile email but the Treo is catching up fast.

    Overall: 700p
  11. #11  
    if you don't want to miss calls when you're checking mail or just simply using data...youre better off with a 700.
  12. #12  
    The 650 is a better device right now but the 700p will hopefully be better by the end of the year. If you don't mind putting up with the 700p's problems until then, get one now because it will be much more expensive to get a 650 now and a 700p down the road.

Posting Permissions