Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Is there a consensus as to which headphone adaptor is preferable the L-shaped one from Palm or the more flexible SPE Stereo Adapter?

Much thanks,

reubkov
    Anything is better than the rigid L type connector. That puts too much stress on the internals of the connector and causes eventual hardware failure.

I prefer the connector that uses the Hotsync port for audio, ie,

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=311
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    yer that's a great bit of kit but their are two disadvantages of using it For it can't be used with the 700p as palm changed the audio for some reason, and two unlike a traditional convert you cannot use it other devices with the same connector problem.
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Quote Originally Posted by PRANKSTAR
    their are two disadvantages of using it
    Another disadvantage is that you can't plug in a charger while using it. However, if you have a damaged 2.5 headphone jack it's a good alternative. Any adapter you use with the headphone jack should be selected to minimize stress on the jack. I have the older flexible adapter but even with that, my jack broke after about a year of use.
    I am also looking for a stereo adapter for my 700p. I was looking at this one earlier, http://www.doml.com/productdec.asp?p...odeln=&status= , but I almost want to just make my own...
    I would recommend that you do not make your own, becuase how ever much time you take making it there will be a loss in the qualtiy of the sound. And for a couple of bucks, is it worth the time and effort? Just my 2 cents,
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR