Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    There are a couple of posts regarding BugMe on the 700p and some problems people have had; however, there are few specifics mentioned as to what these problems actually are (i.e. "Bugme is not working either"). I had been using Diddlebug on the 700p and my initial impression was that despite some bugs, it was working, but once I started using it more, I found that it caused repeated crashes under different cirumstaces (after a phone call for example) and turned out to be as buggy as always. BugMe looks like the closest alternative for the 700p and so far seems to be working quite well. Are there any users out there who can point out potential problems I am likely to encounter before I go ahead and register it? Are there better alternatives for a program that has alarms that are easily manageable and reset and that allows one to draw or write as these programs do?

Thanks for any help.
    im using bugme on my 700p and it works fine i love it have not noticed any problems
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    I am also trialing Bug me at the moment and had no issues, Just in case you want save a little there's 20% off at treonaunts
    what are some of the known issuse if you know of them?
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    I'm using BugMe on my 700p without trouble, although the first entry I made didn't save. After that though, it's worked fine.
    I have found that is will remap the button i have assigned it to, from bugme to pocket tunes. also if you let the alert run, click snooze and then try to clear it the mp3 selected will keep playing and i will have to go into pocket tunes and stop it. Not sure what other software i have it might be conflicting with, but i have used bugme on every smartphone i've had since the i300 and this has never been an issue. i will play around with it more and see what happens. I'll let you guys know the results.
    is any one using photo dial? made by the same company that made bug me?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by comedytreogirl
    what are some of the known issuse if you know of them?
    comedytreogirl,
    I personally don't know of any problems. The ones above are the first concrete statements I'v seen mentioning specific bugs. A search limited to BugMe on the 700p section of TreoCentral will produce one or two statements that it has had problems in discussions where it was compared to DiddleBug (problem not specified). A general search produced many results of which I read some of the most recent and I didn't find anything there either. I did notice that not all of the choices in the alarm pulldown work (I don't know if that can be overcome or if the alarms that come with the 700p can be used either). That is not a big deal though as we can at least use what *is* there and mp3 alerts. Some of the files corresponding to the alarm names seem to be missing. Also, if one goes to the Electronic Pocket site the user guide does not correspond to the BugMe Notepad that I downloaded (the BugMe program version on EP is slightly newer than the one on Palmgear by the way) and appears to refer to a version that I used several years ago. In other words, the priority of keeping things up to date does not appear to be high.

However, as long as it works without crashing the Treo, perfoming what it was basically intended to do, I believe I can count my lucky stars that it is there. I have learned to live with lots of bugs.
    Last edited by copernicus; 07/01/2006 at 09:22 PM.
    thanks for the info. i second what you said as long as its not causing my treo to crash its fine with me i to have always had bug me on all my treos
    have you tried photo dial? i like it but it has crashed my treo once
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I'm one of the ones who had issues with BugMe. Just tried it again, and here's my 2 cents.... Overall, the app *does* work. However, at least for me (using treo 700P), it is slow. For example, when I tap on the timer and choose 1 minute, it is perhaps 4-5 seconds before the change to the alarm time is seen. With Diddlebug, this is instantaneous.

Also, for me, if the ringer is set to silent, it does not vibrate. Diddlebug doesn't vibrate either. I wish that feature were working.

Lastly, as for support, Diddlebug is an open source project that no one seems to be working on at present. BugMe is a commercial product with terrible support. I have had personal experience of poor responses from electric pocket over the years, as have numerous others (as noted in old posts). And although perhaps not an issue for many, BugMe is a huge program compared to diddlebug. Again, just my experiences...

One other item I just recalled.... Diddlebug makes it very easy to snooze an alarm for x minutes, hours or days (one tap). I didn't see that when a bugme alarm goes off (just see "snooze" button, which doesn't seem to do much).
  11.    #11  
    I have not tried photodial, and I take back what I said about all the BugMe alarms not working, it's just that some of them are so low that I could not hear them in the environment I was in.

I forgot if it is possible to increase the volume of the alarms somewhere other than in BugMe as it doesn't seem to have an alarm volume control. I looked in Sounds in Prefs but I couldn't make out what it corresponded to. Does anyone know?
    I believe it is dependent on ringer volume. i have volume care mapped to increase sound but still find the alarm rings very low somtimes. I keep VC on custom because I like things a tad louder than recommended (too much loud music). Maybe I'll ask Jeff, I hear he hangs out around here, if anyone else is reporting this.
  13.    #13  
    Muffnician, thanks. It would be great if we could raise the volume level a bit without affecting other things. So far, so good with BugMe...
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by pdadoc
    One other item I just recalled.... Diddlebug makes it very easy to snooze an alarm for x minutes, hours or days (one tap). I didn't see that when a bugme alarm goes off (just see "snooze" button, which doesn't seem to do much).
    It's a real shame that Diddlebug is no longer being supported. This snoozing feature is the best I've seen and very valuable imho. I got a couple of crashes with Diddlebug, seems to have an intermittent problem after an incoming call. Are you still using it and do you find that you can still use the most important snooze function ok? It's possible that I overconfigured it and that I should have just left it alone with the white screen w/black pen (I adjusted colors and reverse video). Maybe I should give it another shot if that function is stable.

I sometimes get a slight delay in BugMe when I set the time as you do, but it's usually less than 1 second and sometimes instantaneous, never three or four seconds. You *might* have something else causing this on the 700p.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Using Diddlebug with absolutely *no* problems (other than vibrate not working). The snooze feature works flawlessly for me (and I use minutes, hours, and occasionally even days as snooze). I also changed color of background (yellow) and pen (dark red). I agree it's really too bad no developer is willing to run with this. I would gladly pay $10-15 to get it updated....
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Muffnician
    I believe it is dependent on ringer volume. i have volume care mapped to increase sound but still find the alarm rings very low somtimes. I keep VC on custom because I like things a tad louder than recommended (too much loud music). Maybe I'll ask Jeff, I hear he hangs out around here, if anyone else is reporting this.
    Just tried it with VC Pro and the volume increased significantly.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by pdadoc
    Using Diddlebug with absolutely *no* problems (other than vibrate not working). The snooze feature works flawlessly for me (and I use minutes, hours, and occasionally even days as snooze). I also changed color of background (yellow) and pen (dark red). I agree it's really too bad no developer is willing to run with this. I would gladly pay $10-15 to get it updated....
    Great news! I think I was a bit too hasty in deleting it. Others have also reported that it is working for them but I wondered if they had really used it a lot. I am going to get it again from Palmgear and hope it will now run together with BugMe. I'm afraid I'm pushing this puppy (Treo) a bit too hard. I am assuming you are using a 700p...
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    correct.... 700P. BTW, one other minor annoyance with Diddlebug is that after a soft reset, the Diddlebug alarm resests to the default treo alarm (I prefer the gentler swoosh), so have to reset alarm sound each time after soft reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muffnician
    Capturing alarm tones is a little tricky and if the alarm is short lived, VolumeCare may not have enough time to change the settings if you have enabled Specific Applications.

Does this help? What application(s) are you wanting VolumeCare to work with?

Jeff
    For what its worth, BugMe ran slow on my first install but after a hard reset and reinstall it works fast and flawlessly. Ive been using bugme for 3years now and love it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast