1.    #1  
    So, I have been using a Treo for a couple of years, initially the 650 and now the 700p. I love the functionality of the phones. I mainly need great email and contact and calendar (which is often the limiting factor with most phones). Intermittently over the past years I get frustrated at the size and weight of my Treo and switch to other phones...

I have tried the Audiovox SMT5600, Cingular 2125, BB7100. Those were ok, but ultimately went back to the Treo.

I recently got my hands on a Sony Ericsson m600i. This is a full featured touch screen phone with an ingenious keboard (each key is actually a rocker button, for full qwerty access). It blows the Treo out of the water for form factor and weight.

The problem is that is uses Symbian v9.1 which is a nice operating system but a little slow and the email solution is ok.

I just wonder why the Treo can't be put into a phone with a better form factor, we all know the OS is years old...anyone have any pull at Palm?
    I'm not sure what you're asking -- Palm, as most companies, has many products in its development labs and markets the one that it feels meets the needs of its target audience. I don't think any one person's comments would be likely to sway Palm one way or the other -- the only way would be for their market research and focus group efforts to reflect a shift. It can't hurt to send a letter to the Treo product group -- call Palm corporate and find out who the Treo product manager is, and address your letter to that individual.

I personally am pleased as punch with my 700p. It has the best form factor of anything currently available, and I'm happy with that. No one product is "perfect", you always balance your primary needs against the product's strengths, then accept some of its weaknesses.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zyprexa
    So, I have been using a Treo for a couple of years, initially the 650 and now the 700p. I love the functionality of the phones. I mainly need great email and contact and calendar (which is often the limiting factor with most phones). Intermittently over the past years I get frustrated at the size and weight of my Treo and switch to other phones...

I have tried the Audiovox SMT5600, Cingular 2125, BB7100. Those were ok, but ultimately went back to the Treo.

I recently got my hands on a Sony Ericsson m600i. This is a full featured touch screen phone with an ingenious keboard (each key is actually a rocker button, for full qwerty access). It blows the Treo out of the water for form factor and weight.

The problem is that is uses Symbian v9.1 which is a nice operating system but a little slow and the email solution is ok.

I just wonder why the Treo can't be put into a phone with a better form factor, we all know the OS is years old...anyone have any pull at Palm?
    I have always found the form factor for the Treo, first on my 600 and now on my 700p, too large for every day use. When I had my 600 I also carried around another phone to actually make phone calls with because I couldn't stand putting that brick to my ear after struggling to get it out of my pocket. But thanks to a very small BT headset (JX-10 for me), I don't have to put it to my head anymore, and I am a happy one-phone guy again. And this from a guy whose favorite phone of all time was the v60. I wouldn't want the Treo to be any smaller for any of the other functions myself.