1.    #1  
    I have the 700P and just upgraded ZdoomZ to v2.0 Has anyone tried this. It won't work and neither will V 2.0 ZQuake. It says I am low on memory and then goes into a reset. I don't understand because I still have 35 megs of memory left. I guess I'll try it with UDMH and see what happens. However, UDMH causes problems of it's own.
    Hi sndtubes,

I don't have a 700p but I've heard that they shall work on it. 35MB should be more than enough. How much free dyn. memory is reported? When it says out of memory, it should also display the free memory size. What does it say here?

Regards
    Henk
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
  3.    #3  
    Henk,

I want to thank you for developing these programs. I intend to donate to your cause on your website. UDMH fixed the problem. At first, I was still having crashes as I had the music option checked. When the music files started to load, it also crashed. However, I unchecked that option and now it works fine with UDMH. In fact, now they all do. As I recall, Quake was the only other one that requires UDMH.

To answer your question, I don't remember the exact numbers reported for the free memory, but I'm pretty sure the first number was higher than the second number which I thought indicated there was enough memory. At any rate, for the moment, they all work with UDMH, although the unit does seem a bit more unstable after playing a game. Usually there is at least one reset when attempting to use any other program after I've played a game. I think that problem is more likely caused by UDMH than the games themselves.
    I still wonder that you need UDMH on your Treo 700p. But it might be the stuff you have running on it. IIRC the 700p should come with more than 5 MB free dynamic memory which should be more than enough for Doom, Heretic and Hexen. 8MB free dynamic memory (btw. PalmPDF does show you this number in the file browser) is sufficient for Duke3D and Quake.

About the music: here again, the latest shouldn't crash regardless of music on or off. Either you're not using the latest version of Doom (2.0) or there are other things different on a Treo 700p.

Regards
    Henk
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
  5.    #5  
    Henk,

Well, I have installed all the latest versions on the 700P. They are all v2.0. There must be something else going on, but I'm not sure what. I will download PalmPdf and see what the Dynamic Memory number is and let you know.

thanks
    Mike