Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Hmm. My brand new replacement 700p was charging in the cradle when, out of the corner of my eye, I noticed that the keyboard light had gone out - even though the screen was still lit. I tapped on the keypad and then the screen to "wake" the phone and it was locked up. I took it out of the cradle and it remained locked up - with the red charging light still on.

I did a soft reset and everything looks normal... for now.

Any thoughts?

reubkov
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    <QUOTE removed by moderator>

Mods, please do something about this...
    permaban
    what am i missing here?
    Quote Originally Posted by reubkov
    Hmm. My brand new replacement 700p was charging in the cradle when, out of the corner of my eye, I noticed that the keyboard light had gone out - even though the screen was still lit. I tapped on the keypad and then the screen to "wake" the phone and it was locked up. I took it out of the cradle and it remained locked up - with the red charging light still on.

I did a soft reset and everything looks normal... for now.

Any thoughts?

reubkov
    Are you running any 3rd-party apps? Do you possibly have conflicting apps set to run a function/use the net at the same time?
    Sprint 650 --> Sprint 700p
    Agendus Pro/Mail, BackupMan, Diddlebug, Dir Asst, GroupTextMessaging, HandyShopper, LightwavPro, LudusP, MobileClock, palmPDF, PDANet, pTunes, Splash ID/Shopper, TCPMP, volumeCare, ZLauncher
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    I have seen that (keyboard out while plugged in to the USB) on the one I am sending back to palm for other reasons, I never actually thought about it too much till you mentioned it
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Glad to hear I'm not the only one. Did the "keyboard out while plugged in" occur more than once? Is it a typical kind of glitch we can expect from a palm device or is it a sign of bad things to come, i.e. time to return it to Sprint?

Also, what were the other issues you experienced on the unit that had this issue?

much thanks,

reubkov
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    I can only recal it once, but as you said it was corrected,by resetting. It didn't happen enough for me to be too concerned.

under phone info my software version changed, hardware version was missing, and HS SN number was missing. The phone wouldn't program itself over the air via *228 or *22899, then my data connection stoped working, couldn't solve anything with hard resets, manual programming. Seemed like major data corruption.Maybe memory failure?

I don't however think the keyboard is related, but you never know.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Thanks. I'm going to keep an eye on it. Sprint says I have 14 days to return/replace the device - with my luck it will happen again on day 15...

reubkov
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Make sure you take care of whatever before the 15 days, because I waited till day 18 and had to return and repurchase from palm to get a new one.Otherwise they said they would only replace it with a refurbished device...
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Thanks. I'll be sure to keep that in mind :-)