1.    #1  
    I'm looking for a reader with seamless 5-way functionality and variable autoscroll.

I've tried Palm E-Reader Pro, I-Silo, and Teal with my 650. I liked the interface best with Teal, but haven't yet tried any of these out with my T700p. Can someone else who enjoys reading novels this way make a recommendation for me?
    Try mobipocket to round out your review.. If tomeraider had 5-way support, I'd suggest it as well, but unfortunately it doesn't.

(I still haven't decided yet, so I'd ;ove to hear what others think.
    Mobipocket is my fav. Works great and its free. You can annotate and the annotations can be viewed/edited on your desktop or other handheld.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by wkv2101
    Mobipocket is my fav. Works great and its free. You can annotate and the annotations can be viewed/edited on your desktop or other handheld.
    Will Mobipocket read the standard Palm database format (.pdb), or is it proprietary? And does it have autoscroll? I checked out the website, but couldn't find a featureset.
    If does have autoscroll. Works with proprietary format DRM ebooks. (Cross platform reader support - Max, Windows, Linux, PocketPC, PalmOS).

It supposedly supports plain text files and rss news feeds as well...

Also supports custom fonts..
    One more note Mobipocket reader is free. Give it a spin..
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandorr
    If does have autoscroll. Works with proprietary format DRM ebooks. (Cross platform reader support - Max, Windows, Linux, PocketPC, PalmOS).

It supposedly supports plain text files and rss news feeds as well...

Also supports custom fonts..
    I have a substantial number of books in .pdb format. I'd invested in a wonderful conversion utility some time ago, called AportisDoc, that converted a number of html and txt publications to .pdb so that I could import to my Palm. While MobiReader sounds versatile, I need a standard .pdb reader to fit my specific needs.
    If you post an aportisdoc pdb doc to the forum, I am willing to test, and see if it works.
    If you post an aportisdoc pdb doc to the forum, I am willing to test, and see if it works.

http://www.writers-publish.com/ebook-palm-reader.html
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandorr

http://www.writers-publish.com/ebook-palm-reader.html
    Thanks for your offer-- they're copywritten books, so I don't think I can upload here. If you PM me your email addy, I'd be happy to send you one.
  11.    #11  
    This freeware app is terrific! It appeared to convert my .pdb files to .txt. The interface is clean and uncluttered, and the 5-way works fine, including the ability to alter the speed of auto scrolling by pressing up or down. I just can't access the tool icons on the bottom of the screen with the 5-way-- if someone can figure out this functionality, that would be great.

The one difficulty I have is with the font sizes-- they're native to the Palm OS. I wish there were something a tad larger than the standard size. MobiReader DOES allow you to import fonts without any additional utility! Is there a good (preferably free) font set that I could try?