Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Could someone tell me what key (or combination of keys) on the keyboard you would use to control "C" (clear) and "CE" on teh Palm calculator app? And, for that matter, the memory buttons?

I'd really like to use the Palm built-in calculator without the stylus...I can get the rest (like entering numbers, =, +, etc.)...but haven't been able to find clear or clear entry...

TIA
    If you select one of the Advanced Mode calculators [on the 650, at least], the backspace key will delete one digit at a time while entering a number, and the entire result when a computation is done. (I did not find a way to do memory operations.)

-Jeff DLB
    Last edited by Jeff DLB; 07/01/2006 at 12:51 PM. Reason: add info
    Palm user since 1999-04-16: III > IIIx > Vx > Sony N610c > SJ33 > Treo 650 GSM > Centro CDMA
    It use to be Shift "C". I use the basic calulator so I am also looking for the "clear" usong the keyboard.
    TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Anyone?
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Hitting the "0" (zero) button seems to do the same thing as clear
    > Hitting the "0" (zero) button seems to do the same thing as clear

Not really. If you are entering a number, hitting 0 just puts that digit into the number. If you are done with the number (because you hit Enter), typing 0 or any other numeral starts a new number. It does erase the old entry, but it starts putting a new entry on the stack so it's not really a "clear" operation.
    Palm user since 1999-04-16: III > IIIx > Vx > Sony N610c > SJ33 > Treo 650 GSM > Centro CDMA
    Below is a repsonse from Jay Gross who wrote an extensive article for T/C on the treo calculators. (artilce can be found on the T/C home page.

"The 700P keyboard works for entering numbers and the decimal, the backspace key (left arrow on ir) does the samew as its lookalike on the screen, and you can use the Return key as a stand-in for tapping the = button on screen, but I don't find any way to clear using the keyboard. For good measure I tried the entire keyboard with and without Shift and Function, separetely and both-at-same-time.

Pushing the c key enters an 8, and the shift/function keys don't affect that behavior. Oddly, the w key multiples the current result by 2. It has something to do with "constant" mode, but I've only been able to make it multiply by 2, regardless of the current calculation.

Jay"
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover