1.    #1  
    Hi All,

I have a Treo 650 from Verizon running the latest firmware (1.04). Blazer still running at version 4. My wife also has a Treo 650 from Cingular, her verion of Blazer is 4.3x.

How can i upgrade Blazer on my Verizon Treo?? Also her version of VersaMail is newer as well. When setting up a new email account under "Mail services" GMAIL is an option.... I don't have the Gmail option....however I do have Gmail setup on my Treo.

I'm just curious why different providers have different versions of the same software

thanks

opers13
  2.    #2  
    Apparently, my wife has lost the software cds that came with her Treo 650 (Cingular).

Do you think Cingular would replace them?? If not, anyone willing to burn the CDs and send them to me? I can Paypal the cost of cds, your effort and shipping.

thanks

opers13
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Do bother getting the CD Blazer is installed in ROM, you have to wait for a ROM update for the Verizon Treo650. You may however if you willing to take a chance of building your own custom ROM then take a look at http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ht=Fast+Blazer for the Blazer software you want. I do not know if it works on CDMA phones like yours.
    cant he just run the upgrade again and it will replace and add all the other files that the updates have.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    You know there might be a way. If you install a program in RAM that is also in ROM, the RAM copy has preference over ROM when it is executed. I read from some Customize ROM postings that suggested you create a ROM without Blazer and run it from RAM to create a bigger DB Cache area. So I assume that Blazer will run from ROM. If you read the link above you will be able find where to obtain Blazer 4.3 (Fast Blazer) program. When you get Blazer: copy all files to your SD card and use either ZFILE or Resco Explorer program to move them to RAM. Because these files were extracted from ROM you will not be able to install them via Hot Sync method. Be sure you read the Fast Blazer posting before you start.

It looks like nothing is easy. Rumors have it that PALM after the Treo 700p was released a new ROM would be released that most likely includes the new Blazer with other Treo 700p items. The Treo 700p is out and I am waiting for it.