1.    #1  
    After receiving the $4.99 monthly offer, I chose to purchase On Demand and got a screen that said something to the effect that the charge would appear in one or two billing cycles. Subsequently, a couple of days later, I have received the same nag upon going into 411. What gives? Has anyone gone through this?
    You just purchased one component of the greedware. Others have said the've gotten packages of 3-4 channels for $5/mo. I'm on my treo, so I can't get you the links to the threads at the moment. Try searching for "On Demand" or "OnDemand" in this forum. Good luck.
    Last edited by 4spammers; 07/01/2006 at 10:13 PM.
    Motorola Startac → Samsung SCH-8500 → SonyEricsson T608 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p
    Two mistakes...
    Installing OD
    ...and purchasing it's content IMO

I deleted it and saved the space.
    at&t iPhone3G
    I,for one, like OD and can appreciate having several tools wrapped nicely in one package.

First time I got the "nag screen" to purchase the bundle I was directed to a page that only gave me "Maps" for $2.99. Fortunately, I was paying attention and realized that instead of the $4.99 bundle I was on a page that only offered ONE channel. I cancelled out and the next time the "nag screen" came up I was directed to the proper page.

Sounds like you may have been suckered into thinking you were buying the entire bundle and may have only gotten one channel.

Don't know a resolution other than to take it up with Sprint Customer Service.....and good luck with that.

K
  5.    #5  
    I remember having read here about someone having received an offer of $4.99 for ALL the channels. When that $4.99 offer popped up, I took it, thinking $4.99 was reasonable for what I also believe to be a nicely integrated package. I read the offer and the distinct impression I got was that it was for ALL the channels. However, the wording may have been so clever that I too got hoodwinked. I used it this morning and no nags, so it may be ok but I suppose I will call customer service on this. Thank you for the replies.
    Last edited by copernicus; 07/01/2006 at 10:40 AM.
  6.    #6  
    Ok, I just got off the phone with the Sprint agent (from the Treo Support section) who said that the On Demand Premium Bundle included these four packages (and no others):

1. 411 Directory Search
    2. Maps & Directions
    3. TV Guide
    4. New Oxford American Dictionary & Thesaurus.

The bundle began on June 21 and costs $4.99 per month.

For those that purchased the bundle and wish to confirm that they have the Premium Bundle:
    1. Logon to your Sprint PCS account.
    2. Click on the "My Content Manager" link at the bottom of the first page (Manage).
    3. Click on the "View my On Demand" link.
    4. Confirm the "On Demand Premium Bundle."

I want to avoid getting into whether the service is worth it or not since this is ultimately a personal choice. I will say that I do realize that ALL of this stuff is available via Directory Assistant, Yahoo, etc. What I like about it is the integration and the slick interface. At first I heard that each service was going for several dollars a month and, at that price, I felt I didn't want it at all. But, at what now seems like a monthly $4.99, I felt it was not unreasonable. If they somehow jack up the prices, I am out of it.

P.S. I was told this was only available for the 700p.
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    Two mistakes...
    Installing OD
    ...and purchasing it's content IMO

I deleted it and saved the space.
    I like a lot of the stuff on OD; I used the movies feature the other day to find a theatre to go see a movie, and it pulled up my favorite theatres, along with showtimes. All for free. Sure, I could've used Blazer and gone to Fandango, but the interface would've been difficult on the Treo, if useable at all. The movies interface in OD is really well-done. And it's free.

I also like the weather interface too; I own 4Cast, which is really nice, but the interface in OD is just as good, and it's free as well...
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 07/25/2008 at 01:31 AM. Reason: removed political reference
    since i have 4cast(weather), Infoman(movies,news,amazon.com,stocks etc.) ,DA(needs no explanation) and Kmaps(and quick access to these apps with Hi-launcher) i see little to no use for OD, just a waste of $ & RAM.
    Last edited by Ljj8503; 07/01/2006 at 12:31 PM.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    Well i might subscribe as i found many times that the sprint 411 found things i needed when da would give no results or gives things wayyyy to far away when doing a search and checking include surrounding area. Dont get me wrong i love DA and its a great app but i feel the on demand beats it and therefore i might subscribe, not sure if i will take the whole pack as i believe you can get just the 411 for $1.99 a month.
    I'm surprised that no one in this discussion has mentioned that OD is really Handmark Express with a different wrapper. Express currently offers the News component (AP News and features - I like this better than the old Reuters feed) for free, and yu can subscribe to all the other content for $6.99/month. That's Maps, Movies, Stocks, Disctionary etc (except for the TV Guide, which doesn't include MobiTV or Sprint TV, so why would any Treo-phile watch it?). Check out the About screen in OnDemand.

Oh, and I agree about "An Inconvenient Truth." Must-see movie, and Al Gore uses a Treo 650!
    Doug Blair
  11.    #11  
    Hi doug, while Express has not been discussed on this thread, I have seen some discussion of it on other threads. I believe that, at present, all parts of On Demand are free although one receives the nag on the above four components after a short while. I haven't heard of the service being suspended to anyone yet, so it is probably possible to continue indefinitely as long as one continues through the nag. I may be wrong on that though.

I'm not sure if the News component is the same on the two services, but that too is free, for the moment. Is it more complete on Express?
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by longterm
    Sure, I could've used Blazer and gone to Fandango, but the interface would've been difficult on the Treo, if useable at all.
    Not dissin' On Demand, but if you want to use Blazer I highly recommend the TreoBits Mobile Movie Page. Good layout by theatre with titles (linked to IMDb page), showtimes, MPAA rating, and IMDb rating(!). That last part is quite useful for me in determining if I'll actually pay to see a movie or wait for it on Netflix.

Regards,
    ERic
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus
    I believe that, at present, all parts of On Demand are free although one receives the nag on the above four components after a short while. I haven't heard of the service being suspended to anyone yet, so it is probably possible to continue indefinitely as long as one continues through the nag. I may be wrong on that though.
    Yeah your wrong. My notice to final subscribe came up last night and now I can not use any of the "premium" channels.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46
    Yeah your wrong. My notice to final subscribe came up last night and now I can not use any of the "premium" channels.
    That sucks. How long has it been since you downloaded it? I just recently loaded OD up but figured it was free It is really nice to have though but so are all the other programs that can run you an extra $50-60 a month when bundled together. What channels are not considered "premium? I hope I can atleast keep the news & weather
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by justbrown522
    That sucks. How long has it been since you downloaded it? I just recently loaded OD up but figured it was free It is really nice to have though but so are all the other programs that can run you an extra $50-60 a month when bundled together. What channels are not considered "premium? I hope I can atleast keep the news & weather
    That's the first confirmation of the premium channels being suspended that I have seen. It's too bad they are so hasty to pull the trigger on these because I've discovered several aspects about them *after* I subscribed which I might not have seen had I lost access. I believe that other than the four channels I mentioned earlier in the thread, they are all free for the time being (News and Weather included).

Now that Directory Assistant has been updated, there certainly are several viable alternatives to this service.