Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    We've been working on interface for Treo 650/700 and finally got things working.
    It allow to use Treo the same way as iPod in the car. In fact it will:
    - direct audio output to the car speakers with CD quality
    - allow full control of the Treo from the car stereo
    - charge the Palm while driving

Here is the picture of the device:
    http://gromaudio.com/images/grom_palm.jpg
    It connects to the car stereo, plays music through it and can be controlled by the car stereo in almost any way you can think of.

Right now we have only TCPMP player supported.
    The following mapping is for the standad car stereo buttons was implemented:
    1-6 switch between playlists on your SD card
    <,> navigation between tracks
    <<,>> fast forward/backward or fast switching 10+/- songs
    MIX- shuffle
    All stereos will display playlist and track number. Some may even display song title and browse through folders !

We're working into voice integration which means that you can control your phone (650/700) from the car stereo.
    For instance when you got a call it will say: "You have a call from...." You can press 1 on a car stereo to pick it up or 2 to reject. Will see if that will work well enough
    The preorder items are available: http://gromaudio.com/palm.html
    I will post a real life installation pics in 2 weeks as we move along.
    Let me know if you have any questions or ideas. Really appreciate it.
    Dmitry/
    Last edited by jbors; 07/04/2006 at 11:57 AM.
    Is the CD player then disabled?
    Interesting product. Can you give us more information on how it integrates with a car CD player. What is a "CD changer port" Any plans to add the Nissan Altima to the list of supported cars?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Looks very interesting!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by sndtubes
    Is the CD player then disabled?
    If you have external CD player, then in almost all cases it will not work as you have to unplug it before you in install the GROM interface.
    If it is the internal one, then it will function as usual.
    Basically GROM interface is pretty similar to any iPod interface but rather "talking" to iPod, it talks to a Palm. So just think you got very powerfull iPod in the car
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    Interesting product. Can you give us more information on how it integrates with a car CD player. What is a "CD changer port" Any plans to add the Nissan Altima to the list of supported cars?
    Nissan is on the list. I think it will be added by mid August.
    As of CD Changer port, it basically means that your car has to have external changer support for the GROM to work. All Altimas 98+ have CD changer port...
    Quote Originally Posted by jbors
    Nissan is on the list. I think it will be added by mid August.
    As of CD Changer port, it basically means that your car has to have external changer support for the GROM to work. All Altimas 98+ have CD changer port...
    I have a 2002 Altima. Is the CD changer port the same as the DIN connector on the back of the car radio? Or where would I find it and what does it look like?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    It would be nice If it included power (charger)for treo
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by byronchurch
    It would be nice If it included power (charger)for treo
    Yes, the adapter charges Palm also.
  10.    #10  
    Just FYI for all beta testers. The preorder for Palm interfaces will end on Thursday this week. Sorry for a small delay.
    Hope you'll like this new product...
    Dmitry/
    Global Posts
    286 Global Posts
    What is the price going to climb to after the preoder period? I would rather let others beta test.
    Thanks.
    when will they ship
  13.    #13  
    We will ship this Thursday or Friday.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by jwbekens
    What is the price going to climb to after the preoder period? I would rather let others beta test.
    Thanks.
    It is hard to tell at this point. We'll see if it is something that is needed even
    This may be exactly what I'm looking for. But I don't see my car on your "compatible" list. I have a 2002 Acura RL.

My disc changer was ripped off. In stead of buying a new changer for over $1k, I thought I'd find a way to hook my Treo up to the system. It sounds like this would be perfect. Do you know if your unit works with my car? If so, how would I get one?
    Terrific! I suppose it would work with steering wheel controls too? And it works with my Volvo too! Yay!

A more Treo-centric question though: What happens when I get a call? Would I be able to use either my Bluetooth or the car as a speakerphone? Will my music automatically pause a la Pocket Tunes?
    Last edited by +Kardboard+; 08/02/2006 at 10:51 PM.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanhaslam
    This may be exactly what I'm looking for. But I don't see my car on your "compatible" list. I have a 2002 Acura RL.

My disc changer was ripped off. In stead of buying a new changer for over $1k, I thought I'd find a way to hook my Treo up to the system. It sounds like this would be perfect. Do you know if your unit works with my car? If so, how would I get one?
    Yes your Acura would work just fine.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by +Kardboard+
    Terrific! I suppose it would work with steering wheel controls too? And it works with my Volvo too! Yay!

A more Treo-centric question though: What happens when I get a call? Would I be able to use either my Bluetooth or the car as a speakerphone? Will my music automatically pause a la Pocke Tunes?
    We're trying to make it possible to allow to accept or reject a call from steering wheel or car stereo. But not sure if that would work very well. For now it will just pause the music.
    Does it support standard Radio/CD player (in dash 6 CD changer) of an 06 Honda Odyssey?
  20.    #20  
    Yes, it will work with that radio. However for this car we are going to make it public in about 2 weeks.
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast