Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    How can tell whether my Clio's stereo has a digital interface or not? What sort of connector should I be looking for at the back?

Thanks.
  2. aph
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Need one for Jeeps
    I ordered the GROM audio adapter for installation in my 2004 Toyota Prius so I thought others might be interested in a brief performance review. The installation was easy once I removed enough dash to get to the back of the radio and I was able to put the adapter box in a relatively accessible area below the radio but concealed behind a trim piece. The Treo MP3 files began playing as soon as I plugged in, switched the Prius audio to the external CD jack and started TCPMP. I had been using either a cassette adapter or an FM transmitter previously and the sound quality through the GROM is much better than either of those options. I am able to select from up to 6 playlists by pressing the corresponding disk selection buttons on the Prius. The seek controls on the dash and the steering wheel switch between tracks or playlists in the same manner as with CDs. Unfortunately, Title Text does not appear as an option for the external CD connector on the Prius. GROM says titles are not supported on Toyota’s at this time but they are working on it. I do know there are IPod adapters for the Prius that provide text so I think there is a good chance they will find a fix. Overall, I’m pleased just to have the plug compatible MP3 playback capability and the Treo is charged automatically when it’s plugged into the GROM so I got rid of the cigarette lighter adapter. Lastly, although TCPMP currently doesn’t stream internet radio, I’ve found that streams being played by Pocket Tunes or Mundu Radio are heard though the Prius audio system (however, the car’s disk and track controls don’t work with these players). All of the above applies to my Treo 650. Unfortunately, my wife’s Treo 650 is having some issues with the GROM and doesn’t consistently accept disk and track requests. I guess it's still a work in progress and your performance may vary. Hopefully they can work the bugs out since she has more space on her SD card for tunes.
  4. aph
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    If this would work with RCA cables, you should really consider that to make it a universal device. You would then be able to pair it with any PIE/Blitzsafe converter which are already availble for every car type out there.
  5.    #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by jrfaris View Post
    Unfortunately, my wife’s Treo 650 is having some issues with the GROM and doesn’t consistently accept disk and track requests. I guess it's still a work in progress and your performance may vary. Hopefully they can work the bugs out since she has more space on her SD card for tunes.
    Can you tell which version of software your wife has ?
    http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...Case=obj(38344)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbors View Post
    Can you tell which version of software your wife has ?
    I was wondering if that could be related to the problem. We have Sprint and she has version 1.12. I've upgraded to 1.13a. I will upgrade her phone if you think that could be causing the difficulty with her phone.
  7.    #107  
    It can cause the issue for sure. Let me know.
    It can cause the issue for sure. Let me know.
    Unfortunately, upgrading didn't solve the problem with my wife's Treo. It is possible to hear songs played on TCPMP over the Prius speakers but none of the CD controls seem to work. It always seems to start on CD 2 (playlist), track 2 (song). I can change songs or playlists on the Treo but not from the Prius. Tried exiting TCMP and or CD2 on Prius and restarting each but still the same CD2, track 2. Any other suggestions?
    By the way, my treo still works fine with the GROM.
  9.    #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by jrfaris View Post
    Unfortunately, upgrading didn't solve the problem with my wife's Treo. It is possible to hear songs played on TCPMP over the Prius speakers but none of the CD controls seem to work. It always seems to start on CD 2 (playlist), track 2 (song). I can change songs or playlists on the Treo but not from the Prius. Tried exiting TCMP and or CD2 on Prius and restarting each but still the same CD2, track 2. Any other suggestions?
    By the way, my treo still works fine with the GROM.
    It is quite weird. I would check if Multi connector at the bottom of Treo is in working order. Try to cleanup those contacts with spirit or dirt remover.
    It is quite weird. I would check if Multi connector at the bottom of Treo is in working order. Try to cleanup those contacts with spirit or dirt remover.
    I inspected the contacts and they looked ok but I went ahead and cleaned them anyway. Unfortunately, it still behaves the same. I was initially working with Dmitry via email regarding my Treo. How about doing the same for this problem, instead of posting to this thread? We can exchange some additional obeservations and compare behavior of the two Treo's. There are some differences and I'm not sure exactly how the GROM should behave regarding normal startup (playlist #, track # etc). Once we resolve the problem, we can report the results here.
    So any progress on the cable with mic or leaving the mic on?
  12.    #112  
    We're playing with some mics, but did not find the optimum yet. Once we got good results I'll post a HOW-TO and we'll start making cable for those who need it.
    I have treo 650 for now, but planning "upgrade" to Treo 680...
    Should I wait till when it's availiable or it is same cables and software?
    Will it work with Core Player or only TCPMP?
    •All Sony Clie's
    •Sony Ericsson P900
    •Sony Ericsson Z600
    •Treo650 Unlocked w/2GB SD card
    •Treo680 Unlocked (Graphite) w/8GB SD card
  14.    #114  
    Well with Palm you never know what they come up with. From the specs it looks like they have full compatibility. CorePlayer won't work for now. TCPMP only.
    can you tell me if this is works with the new toyota camy 07 hybrid (non nav)??
  16.    #116  
    I saw reports that it works, but cannot say for sure.
    Hi,

we have a Citroen Xantia with a CD changer and a Peugeot 106 that has had the radio stolen. Is there an option to put a radio into the Peugeot that would work or is it more complicated than that. There are no steering wheel controls on the Peugeot.

The Citroen has a great number of steering wheel controls, so I suspect it will need a specific version. If it helps, the unit in the Xantia is a Clarion PU-1562A. Would one of the other cables work with this?

Thanks,

Matthew.
  18.    #118  
    We do have Pioneer adapter, so you may get one of their models.
    We looked at the Clarion units, but did not do anything with them yet.
    Thanks jbors. I can't find a link to the Pioneer version on your website. It would be good to know for sure that if I buy a Pioneer radio it will be compatible. Can you give me some more info or a web address to this.

Thanks,

Matthew.
    Quote Originally Posted by aph View Post
    If this would work with RCA cables, you should really consider that to make it a universal device. You would then be able to pair it with any PIE/Blitzsafe converter which are already availble for every car type out there.
    RCA connectors FTW!!! This would also serve those with aftermarket headunits...

EDIT: However, I just realized... if the connection were to be RCA, would the ability to control playlists and track jumping be available? Probably not.
    Last edited by JimmyD; 11/22/2006 at 04:36 PM.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast