Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    zoti,
    We just verified that some new Hondas with built-in CD changer (including Odyssey) won't work with our interface. We will update the compatibility list for that.
    Please obtain an RMA so we can refund your money. Hope we'll work it out later this month though.
    Sorry for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbors View Post
    zoti,
    We just verified that some new Hondas with built-in CD changer (including Odyssey) won't work with our interface. We will update the compatibility list for that.
    Please obtain an RMA so we can refund your money. Hope we'll work it out later this month though.
    Sorry for that.
    All I can say is

I'll return it. Let me know if you want me to beta test the one that will fit the Odyssey. I do have some ideas as to how to make it fit the Odyssey better.
  3.    #63  
    Sure. Once we understand the problem I'll let you know.
    You should think about adding a mini 8 DIN cable as an accessory to your products. On one end it will connect to the GROM and on the other it will have a chassis mount mini DIN like this one:http://shop2.outpost.com/product/188...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG

This way the customer can place the box wherever he wants and then have the chassis plug attached to the inside of their glove box. To that plug you can then connect whichever accessory plug you want and replace them as you go. Have your treo connected and replace it with an Ipod cable the next day.
    Here is my review after trying it with my 2003 Honda Accord with in dash radio/6 disk changer unit built in.

First off, thank you for sending the correct cable which now works with the 700p.

Pros:
    -The audio is directed to the car speakers, just like having an ipod connection.
    -If using TCPMP, the next and previous track buttons will take you to the next and previous songs in your playlist.
    -You can use other audio players, such as Ptunes, and the audio will still be redirected to the speakers. The only downside is the stereo or steering wheel controls won't work. Plus side is music won't stop if you exit the app, which it will in TCPMP that was sent out.

Cons:
    -The cable connection to the phone is loose, if you pull it in any direction, the connection is lost. This is a major negative.
    -There is a cycling buzzing sound through the speakers when you disconnect the treo and teh unit is idle.
    -Volume is much lower than a CD or radio play, if you are listening to treo then switch to radio, the radio is blasting.
    -Unless I am completely missing something, there is no way to make a playlist in TCPMP. You have to make a txt file in windows and liste each song (for example slot2//Music/Artist/song.mpg) in a text file and save it as grom1.m3u for the forward and back buttons to work.
    -The version of TCPMP they have blocks out WMA playback. Although it is not authorized, if you had the codec, you could play wma files.

Also, for some weird reason, if you are in TCPMP and then plug in the connector, it won't pick up the connector until you exit TCPMP. This is not the case from other applications.

Overall the idea is great but the product is not yet ready. I would buy this product again with a sturdier cable, I can deal with the rest. If the cable is moving around, the audio cuts in and out of the speakers. It sends a zapping sound every time the cable moves or the treo is plugged / unplugged and I really worry about frying my treo.

Anyone else try it out on the 700p?

Anything else you want me to try in particular?
  6.    #66  
    Thanks for the review.
    I would like to note that we use standard Palm connectors, so not sure what we can do here Any good connector you've seen around which holds good ?
    As of volume, there are several places where you can adjust it.
    TCPMP arrows up and down, Pref->Preamp and left side volume button on Treo. It usually enough to adjust to a level you want. Give it a shot.
    There is no way to create playlists in TCPMP and save it. There are many other tools you can use it on Windows ( such as WinAmp ). But if it's easier to do on Palm we can add such a possibility. Let me know.
    WMA playback is blocked on TCPMP due to licensing issue may be. Not sure. If there will be demand for it, we'll add it.
    Thanks for the review.
    I would like to note that we use standard Palm connectors, so not sure what we can do here Any good connector you've seen around which holds good ?
    As of volume, there are several places where you can adjust it.
    TCPMP arrows up and down, Pref->Preamp and left side volume button on Treo. It usually enough to adjust to a level you want. Give it a shot.
    There is no way to create playlists in TCPMP and save it. There are many other tools you can use it on Windows ( such as WinAmp ). But if it's easier to do on Palm we can add such a possibility. Let me know.
    WMA playback is blocked on TCPMP due to licensing issue may be. Not sure. If there will be demand for it, we'll add it.
    I will try the preamp option tonight, I didn't know it was there. Thank you.

Also I'll get back to you on connectors, I have a retractable sync charge cable that goes into the Treo tight, I think (although am not positive) that it was from seidio. I'll look for my receipts.

You can use tools to create playlists, but the root has to be slot2://
    I haven't used any tools yet, and will try that as well.

I don't expect you to do anything about the WMA, all I'm saying is what TCPMP did was get rid of the wma codec in their package, if someone had it from the past, it could be used. They didn't block it in the code.
    Also, is there any way to keep the Treo mic enabled when we plug in the adapter? If so, this could function as a wired cellphone kit as well, with the sound coming out of the speakers and treo mic picking up our voice.
  9.    #69  
    Are you talking about external mic or internal one ?
    Are you talking about external mic or internal one ?
    Internal microphone. When you plug headphones into the jack, the internal mic stays on and you can use it if listening to music. I'm wondering if the same can be done with your connector, leaving the internal mic on.
  11.    #71  
    I got the point. But I think may be we just have another plug for 2.5 external mic jack like on may handsfree solutions out there ? This way you can place a mic anywhere you want.
    I got the point. But I think may be we just have another plug for 2.5 external mic jack like on may handsfree solutions out there ? This way you can place a mic anywhere you want.
    Not a bad idea. I just see this as being the all in one Treo to car connector.

After futher testing, I have mounted my Treo on a suction cup windshield treo holde that came with my TomTom GPS. The connector no longer moves around since the treo is stable and the music doesn't cut in and out.

I'm happy with the product and recommend it to others.

Again if anyone has any questions, or wants me to test anything, I would be happy to.

I wish PTunes didn't have the skipping issue because you can use it to play music in teh bakground. With TCPMP, if you switch out of the application, the music stops. Ideally I would like to play music while using GPS, which I can only do if I can deal with some skipping. I know the creators of TCPMP are working on new commercial and free versions to be released in the next month, I hope these versions are a little more advanced and can work in the background.

I'm happy I made the purchase at this point.
  13.    #73  
    We're working on software improvements roght now and also looking for a better connector.
    The next cable we do will have external mic support so you can install it and have hands free in a car.
    We're working on software improvements roght now and also looking for a better connector.
    The next cable we do will have external mic support so you can install it and have hands free in a car.
    Great, looking forward to it.

I have my Treo in a car mount and sometimes over bumps my connection switches off of the radio and onto the phone's speaker and back, the better connector would correct that problem.
    We're working on software improvements
    I sent a couple PM replys about Prius compatability/testing. Please send me an email or PM if you are still interested.
  16.    #76  
    Did not see your last PM, sorry. Reply sent.
    What about Nissan, I dont see that. Specifically, the 04-07 Maximas?
    please please please begging for a SAAB solution.

Ill beta test if need be.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  19.    #79  
    SAAB is it 2004+ or older one ?

Any progress on this?
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast