Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by jrd View Post
    While you are at it - how about Saab 9-5 (2003)?
    No SAAB yet. Sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by jbors View Post
    Once we have 700p for tests I'll post the results. Do not think they changed the pinout for 700p. May be some tweaks in the way audio is triggered.
    I hope it's done soon, I'm excited to get this thing working. I just don't understand why it says compatible with 700p on the website when it hasn't been tested.
    I was also wondering if you guys are working on controling a PSP. It should be fairly easy to do as it already has a serial remote control.
    I noticed on the website it says:
    - Serial connection for control signals
    - 3.5 mm audio jack for audio connection from Palm
    - Dimensions 3.5 x 2.5 x 1.25 (W x D x H)
    - Original harness to connect to the back of the stereo
    - TCPMP multimedia player (special build)

I didn't get a special build of TCPMP, where can I get that from? Also I don't have a 3.5mm audio jack for audio connection from palm. I got two wires and the box as pictures in your first post. No directions either, but I assumed it was plug and play. Any help?
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Once we have 700p for tests I'll post the results. Do not think they changed the pinout for 700p. May be some tweaks in the way audio is triggered.
    I am hoping this testing on the 700p is done quickly because I really want to buy this, but not until another 700p user like albertb is satisfied with its operation. I too cannot believe they would claim 700p compatibility without even testing it.

I also wanted to include a product suggestion: This product would be absolutely perfect if you included a port to plug in a serial wired GPS that can communicate as well with the treo. The car kits on the market all have some combination of short comings - no stereo control (this device fixes that), inferior audio (this device fixes this), nonadjustable cradles (no cases on your treo), bluetooth GPS (unavailable bluetooth for headsets, seperate device to charge and dropped signals). This device fixes some of the hardest parts of this, but still lacks a GPS solution other than bluetooth. Jbors, is GROM working on including a GPS plug or is there already a serial port input in addition to the stereo's and treo's?

Thanks.
  6.    #46  
    The way GROM communicates to Palm is via serial, so serial GPS will not be possible. I would recommend using BT GPS instead.
    As of 700p, it is quite a catch. Palm claims its Multiconnector behaving the same on all devices carrying it. We relied on that. But it looks like it is not a case 700p will get fixed by next week.
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by zoti View Post
    I was also wondering if you guys are working on controling a PSP. It should be fairly easy to do as it already has a serial remote control.
    We had no such plans but we will release an SDK to allow you (or anyone who is capable) to add this capability to the firmware.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    The way GROM communicates to Palm is via serial, so serial GPS will not be possible. I would recommend using BT GPS instead.
    As of 700p, it is quite a catch. Palm claims its Multiconnector behaving the same on all devices carrying it. We relied on that. But it looks like it is not a case 700p will get fixed by next week.
    Thank you for getting things rolling on 700p compatibility.

As for wired GPS, I'd prefer to keep bluetooth available for a headset if possible. I'd imagine that the amount of communication for the car audio and control is far less than during a hot sync. Is there not enough transmission capability through a sync cable to do control, music, power, and GPS or is this a side effect of using serial instead of usb? My thought was that if an usb port can be split to two serial connectors, than two serial port communications could be merged into one sync cable, hypothetically. Couldn't the sync cable be usb, split it as two serial connectors and run one through your device and one to GPS? Thanks for your input jbors.
    jbors,
    I send you a PM about the Prius. Let me know if there is further interest.
    Thanks, J R Faris
    We had no such plans but we will release an SDK to allow you (or anyone who is capable) to add this capability to the firmware.
    How does the SDK work? Can I program the box or is it just a matter of wiring the serial output from it correctly?
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb View Post
    This device wont' work with the 700p, I wrote about it in another thread not seeing this one. I realized it after completing the entire installation. This is due to the different pinout setup on the 700p compared to the 650.

jbors any progress on a cable that works with teh 700p or do I need to uninstall it all and send it back?
    The cable is fixed and we'll send it to you on Tuesday. There is no need to uninstall anything, just replug the Palm cable.
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by zoti View Post
    How does the SDK work? Can I program the box or is it just a matter of wiring the serial output from it correctly?
    I hope there will be ability to program the box, but it will depend on how simple we can make this SDK. I will publish more details once ready.
    The cable is fixed and we'll send it to you on Tuesday. There is no need to uninstall anything, just replug the Palm cable.
    Great! Thanks for working on this, I hope it works so I can promote this product to the Treo community.
    I'm sorry that I have to report that I tried to install my new car stereo inerface but my radio won't recognize it.

I have a 2006 Honda Odyssey W/O navigation (it's a 6 CD in dash radio). I got the GROM-HON1 box.

I removed the radio, plugged it in the back (there was actually a white plug in the back of the radio with wires that I had to remove) but the radio won't switch to AUX mode. I tried removing the small wire on the PCB like the instructions say but that made no difference. Tried it with the Treo connected and got the same resaults.

On another note, I would have loved to have a longer Radio to GROM cable. Probably an extra 3-4 inches will give me a lot mor options as to where to place the box.

Maybe Jbros can help?
  15.    #55  
    You should press AUX button twice so it switches to CDC mode. The wire on a back of PCB should be removed for you.
    If you press AUX just once, it should display MDC, when twice CDC. Can you confirm ?
    I pressed it a million times. It doesn't switch from whatever mode it is at the time. Could it be a defective unit?

BTW, when I connect the Treo to it the LED turns red but there is no charging beep like the one I get when I connect it to the charger. The battery indicator does indicaete a charge state.
  17.    #57  
    Ok, I will check the stereo like yours once we get it. It will be in a week.
    As of beeping, you should not hear it since the sound is already switched to an external source.
  18.    #59  
    It was tested in many car makes and stereos. But there are so many variations available that we cannot test it on all of them.
    I understand there are so many radios and it's hard to test on all of them but if you claim it works on a certin type I expect it to.

I guess you now need a beta tester for a 06 Odyssey without navigation
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast