1.    #1  
    I searched the threads and didn't find anyone with my problem:

I went to use my phone today and the service light was red. None of the buttons did anything, so I did a soft reset. This put my phone into an infinite looping reset (the phone would show the Access Powered screen, followed by the Palm logo, it would turn off & start it all over).

As per Palm's website, I did a warm reset (hold the up button of the 5 way joystick and tapped the reset key.) This got my phone to power up, but bluetooth is missing and the phone (radio) won't turn on.

The ##377# code gave me:
    A crash occurred on 6/29/06 at 9:49pm while running "Calendar":
    StringMgr.c,Line:367,sting too long (>64k)

The only programs installed on my Sprint Treo 700p is:
    Chatter (most current stable release)
    Pocket Tunes Deluxe (most current release)
    & MobiTV for the 700p (most current release)

This is the second time I have had this problem (last time I did a Hard Reset, as I was unaware of the warm reset option.)

Second time in one month... I think it's faulty hardware, maybe memory - what say you?

If anyone can chime in if they have these same applications installed on their phone, I would appreciate.

UPDATE: I talked to Sprint's Treo Support team & told me that the bluetooth & phone radio doesn't work because I'm booted up in safe mode. I'll have to sync my phone using the cable & then do a hard reset to get back to normal.
    Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    the sprint store's hard reset fixed mine. but then I couldn't sync using usb and had to go to bluetooth. nightmare.
    the first upgrade in a few months will probably fix all these crazy problems.
    Henry L lazarus hlazar@netaxs.com
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/god.html
    All,

Here is a link to a step by step method of recovering from a reset loop.

http://www.gotreosoftware.com/support/#_Toc135807426

VolumeCare 5.44 caused a problem like this so *everyone* should be running VolumeCare version 5.46 (download).

Jeff
    Had the exact same problem a couple of days ago.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=117823

Had to do a hard reset. Nothing else worked - in my case.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    All,

Here is a link to a step by step method of recovering from a reset loop.

http://www.gotreosoftware.com/support/#_Toc135807426

VolumeCare 5.44 caused a problem like this so *everyone* should be running VolumeCare version 5.46 (download).

Jeff
    My problem was Calendar... the calendar db got messed up (no way to delete it, so I sync'd what I could using the MissingSync and then did a hard reset.)

Back to my original question, does anyone know how to check for bad memory? (ie: faulty hardware?)
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by headgeek
    Back to my original question, does anyone know how to check for bad memory? (ie: faulty hardware?)
    You can use the built in hardware test: at the dialpad enter ##HWTST# (##49878#).
    Test #5 checks the CPU and Memory. Mine displays this for results:

A. Memory Check: 2
    B. CPU Check: 0

Regards,
    ERic
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    (new poster)

Had the exact same problem (Access Powered loop) with my new Treo this past weekend. Tried every kind of reset imaginable, but it didn't work. I wound up having to trade it in for a new one, so now I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

The Sprint Advanced Tech Support rep said he'd never heard of that problem before - seems strange given that others have had the same problem. I wonder how common it is?
    There is a batch with bad memory chips.

see this thread...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=119143

I talked to a sprint tech who has seen it four tiimes.