Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I really miss this feature from my old Motorolas. Is there any way to make the treo automatically redial a busy number.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    [sigh] To quote myself in another thread:

Again, if we're talking about "auto" redialing with a button press (semi-auto, maybe?), all you have to do is hit the green phone button twice to pull up a list of recently-dialed numbers and select the first one. I just confirmed this is in the Cingular user manual, so it ain't just Sprint. In other words, RTM or play around a little before complaining.

If we're talking about fully automatic redialing (with no user action at all), ... what's the demand for such an app? What's the need?

Please search before posting. A quick search using the title of you thread reveals the following:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ht=auto+redial

... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    I agree with the OP that fully-automatic redial when busy is useful. It is tedious even with a landline to keep hitting the redial button. Useful times include: while driving, while writing/playing music/cooking/eating/etc, and while trying to reach a concert ticket vendor at 10am on Saturday morning.

-Jeff DLB

P.S. I think the OP knows how to manually redial, wants auto redial, and that there was no need to flame him about searching and RTFMing.
    Palm user since 1999-04-16: III > IIIx > Vx > Sony N610c > SJ33 > Treo 650 GSM > Centro CDMA
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    How is doing the OP's job for him by searching and posting links considered flaming? Because I reminded him that he should search before starting thread # 615 on the same topic? Sorry, but it's a forum rule, and it's a rule for a good reason.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Helix Holster
    My mistake--I didn't realize that after Part 1 of your reply (which I interpreted as "RTFM to learn how to redial manually" and "why would you want auto-redial anyway?") there were some useful links in Part 2. Upon rereading, I hereby find your Part 2 appropriate.
    Palm user since 1999-04-16: III > IIIx > Vx > Sony N610c > SJ33 > Treo 650 GSM > Centro CDMA
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    No worries, Jeff. Thank you for partially approving my post. As for the unapproved portion, you interpreted it correctly with the following exceptions:
    1) I said RTM, not RTFM.
    2) As clearly stated, it was a quote from another post that I felt was relevant to the current thread; I didn't write that "from scratch" in direct response to the OP's question. Perhaps reading it in the context of the original thread (which I hope the OP has done or will do since I linked to it) will make it seem more appropriate. Regardless, my opinion of fully automatic redialing's usefulness remains the same, and I reserve the right to express my opinion.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Helix Holster