1.    #1  
    I have a new treo 700 and have been unsuccessful in syncing to my Dell computer which is also bluetooth compatiable. I have spent 7 hours with Sprint technical and they are unable to get me up and running. The sync works with the usb connection both as a modem for the computer and for up-loads, but I cannot get the wireless function to work.

If anyone has a solution, I am desperate to get the intended function to work.

Please e-mail me if there is a solution.
    PLATO
    platopgh@yahoo.com
    I am having a similar problem with my wifes 650 and her Dell Latitude D610 and the built in Dell 350 True Mobile BT card. I have tried for hours to initiate a hotsync, but each time I get a error that the port is in use by another application. I have updated the BT drivers to the most recent version, which installed several virtual com ports. I have tried each and every one of these com ports in the hotsync set up, but I still get the same port in use error.

So, lets bump this up. Hopefully a knowlegdeable Dell owner with chime in.

Thanks!
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    I had the same problem as well. I'm not exactly sure which piece of hardware I had, but the problem lies with the Toshiba Bluetooth stack. Uninstall this and restart your computer so the Mircrosoft BT drivers will install. After that, you should be able to sync. If you still have the error after that, soft boot the phone and try again.
    Quote Originally Posted by soulo4
    I had the same problem as well. I'm not exactly sure which piece of hardware I had, but the problem lies with the Toshiba Bluetooth stack. Uninstall this and restart your computer so the Mircrosoft BT drivers will install. After that, you should be able to sync. If you still have the error after that, soft boot the phone and try again.
    After doing some additional digging around the forums on this very topic, thats exactly what I ended up doing. That Toshiba BT stack is more trouble then its worth.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Thanks Jack. I had looked into the 2nd link late last night. The problem I belive that I and other Dell users who have the TrueMobile 350 BT radio, is with Dells use of a particular Toshiba BT stack. Once I deleted the Toshiba stack and reverted back to the Windows stack, hotsync was back up and working.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    When I upgraded from my 650 to my new 700p, my bluetooth hotsync stopped working. It used to work just fine. With the 700p, hotsync works fine using the USB cable, but when using bluetooth, I get the port in use error on the Treo. I've tried everything I can think of. Any suggestions?? My laptop is a Thinkpad T42.
    That's the kinda thing I would expect when trying to paste old software / settings files on a new device. Anything hardware related I would make sure to wipe everything old and install from scratch. Have you tried backing up, hard resetting and tyring to set up BT on a virgin 700p ?
    If it says port in use, a couple of suggestions. First, make sure that the correct ports are selected and enabled in your hot sync manager. That is the big one. After that make sure that Local & Local USB are both enabled. My ports are 4 (local) & 3 (modem).

Double check to make sure that Bluetooth is enabled and the hot sync manager is running, then try it again. With my 700p, it seems like it wants multiple attempts before flying. Specifically, it will fail the first 2 tries and then work the 3rd try.

Ben
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    I installed all the apps to the 700p from scratch. Nothing was installed from backup. That side was very clean.

On the PC side, I did have the Treo 650 software and I installed the 700 software over that before trying to sync. It seems to have installed correctly. I get the new palm desktop. Bluetooth "seems" correct. I did go verify the port number and that hotsync is indeed using the right port. I have re-done this several times too. I delete the port, remove all traces of the pairing and then start over. The port seems correct. Both sides see each other at the bluetooth level. But I still get the hotsync port in use error.

This all worked beautifully on the 650. Does anyone know of a way in Windows to see what programs are opening a serial port. I don't actually think any other app is using that port (com4), but since that is the error it gives, I'd like to know for sure.
    God damn! I didn't know there is so much problem with the Sprint 700p bt sync. It work perfectly with my 650. Now on the same PC I get the "port used by another device" error.

Yes I have tried reinstall BT adopter driver and hard reset thh 700p.

Palm need to get on their *** to fix this problem.
    I can get Both my Dell Inspiron 9400 and my T700P to sync via BT no problem, as well as my T650.

My problem comes when I try to sync them back to back. THATS when I get the port in use error. Usually a restart on the laptop and a reset on the Treo side will fix the error.

PITA IMHO.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    I got Bluetooth Sync to work with my Dell using the Toshiba stack and a Centro. Maybe this will help someone else.
    I went to Start>Settings>Control Panel>Bluetooth Local COM. There I clicked Add and chose to create a virtual COM port for a server (COM 2 in my case). Select COM 2 in the local tab of Hotsync Settings, and it all worked.
    Bump for this thread... i'm having the same problem. double-checked all ports, reset treo, rebooted laptop. no dice.

any more suggestions?
    I can't seem to sync via Bluetooth, on this pc, either.

BUT I tried it on my other laptop and it worked just fine. That laptop's running XP, but I don't think that's the issue.

I remember having the same kinds of issues on it, back in the day. It almost seems like a roll of the dice. Sometimes you're lucky and sometimes you have a streak of what my grandmother calls "buzzard luck."

Anyway, I've tried adding Bluetooth serial ports on this computer, but to no avail. I'll try to let you all know if anything works.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by windfrenzy View Post
    I got Bluetooth Sync to work with my Dell using the Toshiba stack and a Centro. Maybe this will help someone else.
    I went to Start>Settings>Control Panel>Bluetooth Local COM. There I clicked Add and chose to create a virtual COM port for a server (COM 2 in my case). Select COM 2 in the local tab of Hotsync Settings, and it all worked.
    This worked great for me on D610 on Toshiba stack, thanks!
    Ive looked fairly hard and I cant find the Widcomm stack out on the net. Anyone know where to find it? The Broadcom stack would be helpful too.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.