Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Need help, I use about 150-200 mins daily, I am a real estate agent and this is my primary number (try to call most agents, you'll go to office voicemal). I had a 600, a 650, and now 700P Verizon. I moved to the 700P hoping Bluetooth was improved and I think it is to some degree. The solution for me is probably a long way off because of battery capacity (using Seido 2400). It is not practical (or possible) to turn BT on when someone calls so I have to leave it on. I am out of juice by midday and I think I have to go back to a wired headset. Frankly, I am now not sure why I have a 700? EV-DO is cool but not hugely important to me and everything else is pretty close to the 650 which is a bit faster. Maybe the eventual updates will change something. If I didn't have a 650, I would buy the 700 but as an upgrade, it is marginal. Any suggestions as to the BT draining the 700P?
    Thx
    Never underestimate the power of freedom!

Treo 600, 650, 700P and now 755P.
    Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    carry a spare battery with you and use a car recharger when possible.
    Henry L lazarus hlazar@netaxs.com
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/god.html
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    I get the same thing. Bluetooth drains a lot of energy from those batteries. As far as I can tell, there's no way to automate turning BT on upon receiving/making a call.

I ended up doing what hlazar suggests and bought myself a spare. I use the Palm cradle so I can keep both batteries charged.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Thanks for the replies, I see guess that is a solution but it doesn't truly sound practical. I think I will abandon the headset and just use the wired headset. I hace seen some discussion about somehow improving battery life. I like the 700P but it isn't all that significant an upgrade and I had to change carriers to get it. I had a legacy T-mobile account w/5,000 min for 99.95/mo. I hear all the wonderful raves about Verizon's network but ol' cheapo T-mo did pretty well and I use a lot of airtime.
    Thx
    Never underestimate the power of freedom!

Treo 600, 650, 700P and now 755P.