Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    When the phone part of my 700p is on, I see a new icon that wasn't there on my 650. It is a light blue rectangle with six little white triangles inside, to the left of the GPS indicator.

What is that?
    indicates EVDO is active or not.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    The light blue rectangle with six white arrows indicates that you are in an EVDO coverage area, but not connected.

When connected, the blue rectangle dissapears, and the little white triangles light up blue when you are transmitting data.
    This is only on the Sprint version. VZW version have a little green box that switches between "EV" and "1X" as the availability warrants.
    I was wondering about this myself! Thanks for the info.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fafafoooey
    This is only on the Sprint version. VZW version have a little green box that switches between "EV" and "1X" as the availability warrants.
    You're right. I thought it was safe to assume he was talking about Sprint since he asked about the light blue rectangle box and VZW doesn't have a light blue rectangle box.
    Thanks, I was guessing that's what it was but I had this thing for a month before I drove to an Ev city. Poor me, no Ev in nowhere Missouri
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Ah, thanks for the explanation!
    STL has pretty good EVDO speeds I bought my phone on the 25th of May in STL.
    Quote Originally Posted by notjpr
    Thanks, I was guessing that's what it was but I had this thing for a month before I drove to an Ev city. Poor me, no Ev in nowhere Missouri
    At least you have a chance of getting it-Try North Dakota, might as well be the North Pole. Wait, we aren't that far from it anyways...
    What's the icon next to it that looks like a target - a circle with crossed lines in it?
    Network detection...location. When I had my first 600, I didn't have the nards to ask some of these elementery questions on the forum, but its ok, that is what it is here for. FYI...the manual has alot of information, so you don't have to look like a dink asking it on the forum, or a forum search would ease the paine. It's all good though. That is why some of the veteran forum members from the tough crowd won't even answer or help out.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    That is why some of the veteran forum members from the tough crowd won't even answer or help out.
    Everyone's new at some point huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by gijohn
    Everyone's new at some point huh?
    True...that is why its all good. I am not a veteran member, nor am I as tough on some of the newbies as others. Just trying to give advice before others start to come out of the woodworks and bringing on the hurt...life is too short.
    at&t iPhone3G
    ...life is too short.
    BINGO!
    True...that is why its all good. I am not a veteran member, nor am I as tough on some of the newbies as others. Just trying to give advice before others start to come out of the woodworks and bringing on the hurt...life is too short.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...nager+software

P.S. Search, Search first and you shall find.
    Most of the time when I search this knowledgible forum...I find what I am looking for.
    Lets just love one another...do your part and search to the best of your ability

so you agree that people should search first. I've never seen people be mean about telling noobs to search. just letting them know that is forum policy to make searching easier. it's like a big circle.

I wish the mods would merge and lock threads. duplicates would drop to the bottom if locked after the initial post and searching would be more effective.
    wow .... looks like you did a lot of searchin there.
    Quote Originally Posted by gijohn
    wow .... looks like you did a lot of searchin there.
    took about 60 seconds
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    so you agree that people should search first. I've never seen people be mean about telling noobs to search. just letting them know that is forum policy to make searching easier. it's like a big circle.

I wish the mods would merge and lock threads. duplicates would drop to the bottom if locked after the initial post and searching would be more effective.
    Totally agree Dutch...
    at&t iPhone3G