1.    #1  
    I've got a filename showing up in my FireViewer list that I'm sure I deleted. If I click on it I get:

"That Object has never been downloaded, or was purged from the cache. Please download it now, then retry the operation."

I tried redownloading the file, but all that does is put a second copy of the filename in the list. The recently downloaded image can be viewed, deleted, etc. The identical (but original) filename is still in the list and when clicked on gives the same message as above.

How do I completely remove a filename from the list if the file isn't on the Visor? Big flaw in FireViewer if there is no way.

Dave
    There is nothing yet made by man that cannot be improved upon.
    Try a file management program. I use Zarf Catalog (search on that or on ZCatalog in PGHQ). I have also seen some posts from people who like FileZ. They will show you all the files in the Palm OS, including those that don't show up when you do the Information command from the Apps screen. If the file you're looking for shows up there, you can delete it that way. If not, you're out of luck and may need to check with firepad tech support. Good luck!
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by Teleski
    You... may need to check with firepad tech support. Good luck!
    I copied my original post above, and emailed it to support@firepad.com.

My advice? Resist the temptation to do this. They replied quickly enough, but with nothing more than an advertisement of their updates, new releases, and other products. No answer to my question. It's as thought they didn't read it. I'm now apparently on their SPAM email list. ;-(

Dave
  4.    #4  
    I solved my Problem. Had to completely delete Fireviewer (and it's associated data) from my Visor, then re-install it. Even FileZ wouldn't fix the filename problem.

Dave
  5.    #5  
    FirePad finally responded. For those interested:
    Hello Dave,

You are right that was a bug in version 5.0 that doesn't let you delete that file. You can upgrade to version 5.1 to delete it or you can find the backup folder on your desktop and delete the Rootobj-View file. It is usually something like C:\Palm\Your User name\backup....
    Deleting the RootObj file may delete your other images, so be sure you have them ready to HotSync again.

Thank you for your interest in Firepad!

Melanie Demers
    Firepad Support
    Dave