Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My brother had a 650 and cracked his screen, went in to the local sprint store, showed them it, and the lady took it in the back had the tech ok it and came out with a 700P said sorry but we have to upgrade you....ugh I'm soooo jealous. He had insurance on it.

just thought I'd let ya'll know that apparently they are low in 650's (apparently the warehouse doesn't even have any in stock) and if your 650 goes bad there is a possibility that they will be replacing it with a 700P....

If only I wasn't against insurance fraud...
    There's going to be a lot of happy people soon.....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Wowww- Just Woww
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino
    There's going to be a lot of happy people soon.....
    and a lot of cracked screens!

However, I would assume this could end up being a store-by-store decision. If it happened to me, I am sure the store I walked in to would just happen to have a few old 650's laying around!
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    My antenna broke on my 650 on Monday. My local Sprint store still had a few 650's in stock and that's what I got. Lucky me!
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    I am not planning on my screen cracking for at least another couple of months!
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Call your local Sprint store...

"hi, do you have any 650 's in stock?"

"No? Okay, thanks. Any 700Ps?"

Now drive to the store with your cracked 650. ;-)

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  8.    #8  
    The guy at the store said he had 650's in stock and could sell them, but that they couldn't use those as replacement phones, and that there is a difference between the phones they can sell and use as replacements....so they gave him a new 700p...makes NO sense to me but whatever.
    Its probably because they'll make money off of EvDO than regular Vision. I can just imagine all the returns their going to get this weekend....I wonder what's the worst damged Treo a store has seen thus far?

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    What's the best way to crack the screen?
    Run it over with your car.
    Nik<hr>M100 --->M125 --->M500 --->Treo300 --->Sprint-Treo600 --->Sprint-Treo650
    <hr>
    Rom 8:31 <'><
    <marquee bgcolor=red width=150 height=5>
    1 in 150 babies born today will have some form of Autism
    </marquee>
    Unlocking Autism Mission Trips to Honduras My Space
    Quote Originally Posted by naivete
    What's the best way to crack the screen?
    Have a cat walk on a dresser and knock it off while it is charging....
    Kills the screen bouncing off of hardwood floors...
    I went in the room and couldn't find my treo....wasn't happy when i did find it!
    Quote Originally Posted by wymo78
    My brother had a 650 and cracked his screen, went in to the local sprint store, showed them it, and the lady took it in the back had the tech ok it and came out with a 700P said sorry but we have to upgrade you....ugh I'm soooo jealous. He had insurance on it.

just thought I'd let ya'll know that apparently they are low in 650's (apparently the warehouse doesn't even have any in stock) and if your 650 goes bad there is a possibility that they will be replacing it with a 700P....

If only I wasn't against insurance fraud...
    Damn he's lucky. I cracked my screen this weekend. I spent a hour & a half in a sprint store while the manager called around to locate a 650 at other stores inthe area b/c he didn't have them and the warehouse didnt either. Finally found one and drove to the other store only to wait another 30 minutes while the tech there looked it over again, even though I had a "work ticket" from the previous store. So all in all,it took about 3 hours(including driving) to get my replacement phone. I wish they would have just gave me the 700P.

Sweet Chi-Town Music!

300 > 600 > 650

CURRENT EQUIPMENT

TREO 650

Alternate Phone- Motorola Razr V3 (silver)
    For some reason, sitting in the "soak zone" while watching Shamu is hard on a Treo.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Hey People,

Can we not brag about blatent acts of insurace frad here on the board. By the way its a felony and you can do hard time. Is this likely to happen? No!,

However its people like you that make the cost of sprints service and insurance go up. Remember when it was 3.99 a month?. Pretty soon it will be double that with people like you that abuse the system. Be happy with the treo 650 you have, if you are really trying to compensate for something just lay out the money for a new 700 p or w and give your old one to a friend. Thats what treocentral is about sharing a wealth of treo knowledge with others and newbies, not warranty fruad.
    Dude, lighten up. We are joking. Everyone knows how to break a screen - use a hammer.

No one here is advocating intentionally breaking the Treo. If anyone seriously is, I would be the first to condem that person.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by hawdey
    Hey People,

Can we not brag about blatent acts of insurace frad here on the board. By the way its a felony and you can do hard time. Is this likely to happen? No!,

However its people like you that make the cost of sprints service and insurance go up. Remember when it was 3.99 a month?. Pretty soon it will be double that with people like you that abuse the system. Be happy with the treo 650 you have, if you are really trying to compensate for something just lay out the money for a new 700 p or w and give your old one to a friend. Thats what treocentral is about sharing a wealth of treo knowledge with others and newbies, not warranty fruad.

Pardon??

From what I can see the majority of this post has been discussing 100% legal actions. There is nothing illegal about trying to find a store that will replace your 650 with a 700 as long as it broke/was stolen/lost(fraud claims about "lost" are really tricky). I'm curious what you are insinuating by what I or anyone else on this board needs to compensate for, we all obviously like Treo's and getting upgraded for free is always a plus (I bet you enjoy first class too). I even stated that I don't believe in fraud...I know PLENTY about the legalities of it, but thanks for refreshing me.

have a nice 4th.....
    I just took my 650 into the local sprint store because of a problem, and they replaced it with another 650, so it obviously doesn't work that way everywhere.
    Pilottreo1
    I just had my 650 replaced to day (2nd replacement in three months), Bluetooth problem. It also seems that most sprint stores will be doing in house replacement/repair for free, well that’s my experience.
    Man, some people just need to calm the f*ck down. Everyone is joking, I've been paying full price for all my Treo upgrades, even with my first Samsung I300, I330 etc, all with Insurance & only used LockLine one time in 9 years. Had my Treo 650 replaced by a store last year (1 time), because the tech there screwed it up. So NO fraud here...just having a laugh. I know where that hammer should hit, not a Treo but... BTW, that was another joke.

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast