1.    #1  
    I notice that sometimes when I get a voicemail it'll just show on my screen as You Have 1 Voicemail - and other times it'll bring up that alert screen with the chekboxes & show 1 missed call & 1 voicemail & I need to check those boxes off to get rid of the alert. Any answers to why it's 1 way sometimes & the other other times?
    Have you compared your call log against the alerts? A missed call might just be someone who hung up before they got voicemail, while a call that went to voicemail might be considered a completed call. You might have someone calling you who figures you can't answer the phone right away on the first attempt, then when you don't answer a second time, they decide to leave a message.

Not 100% certain on this, but a good starting point would be to compare your call log against the missed call/voicemail alerts.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Hotbranch! I will take a look at that. I downloaded an app called MissedCall that I may check out as well ...we'll see what that does!
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    You will love Missed Call, I like it better than Butler or any other similar application. As for the allert question, sometimes you get a delayed voicemail alert for example when your signal is low and the missed call is not logged. Same in reverse, so when you have a single alert, you get the splash screen, and the check boxes for multiple alerts...hope this helps
    Regards,

Supes2000

"His words burned like lamp in the darkness" -- Ecclesiasticus
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie K
    I notice that sometimes when I get a voicemail it'll just show on my screen as You Have 1 Voicemail - and other times it'll bring up that alert screen with the chekboxes & show 1 missed call & 1 voicemail & I need to check those boxes off to get rid of the alert. Any answers to why it's 1 way sometimes & the other other times?
    Please correct me if I am mistaken, but I believe that the first alert that says "You have 1 Voicemail" will always come up first. If you are not around or leave the alert on the screen until the screen goes back to sleep, the screen will preobably disappear and then the alert will be sent to the Attention Manager (the screen with checkboxes). That is how I believe my 650 works. But, try it. Leave yourself a voicemail and dont touch the phone until the screen sleeps and let me know if this is how it's working.

Hope this helps.
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
  6.    #6  
    I'm about to install MissedCall, but before doing so, I am going to do the test right now - ok-volume down (at desk) -screen off & locked - call treo - no touching it - ignoring call - leaving myself mess - 2 alerts - new voicemail & missed call showing # - no touching - screen turns off - wait 1 min - let's see if it alerts me of anything now that it's off - wait another min - doesn't seem to alert anything now that it's off & screen locked - waiting another min - hmmm .. shouldn't it alert me that I have a voicemail w/a sound at least? (will check my settings) - ok - now hitting green phone button - show's same screen - 2 alerts - missed call & vm - hm ... there you go
    sorry to jump in, but will MissedCall work even with LedOFF installed? I will try it tonight at home, but couldn't wait for an answer...
    - Jeeman
  8.    #8  
    ok - so weird - I just did the same exact test again - this time I don't have that alert box w/the 1 missed call, 1 voicemail - now i have a diff. screen with You Have 1 Voicemail (and it alerted me with my set swoosh sound). Screen just went off - waiting 1 min - now it shows me (when I hit green phone button) that I have 2 alerts -new voicemail & missed call. Am installing MissedCall pcr on next hot sync.
  9.    #9  
    So, I just installed MissedCall .. strange - when I launch it - it asks for some reg . code and shows 000's so I put in the correct # of 000 and then it says, relaunch it or something like that - so I do - and then it shows - Evaluation Finished MAY 2006?! and there's no menu, options or anything?! I don't know what's up w/this program - expired perhaps?!
    Last edited by Julie K; 06/29/2006 at 04:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie K
    I'm about to install MissedCall, but before doing so, I am going to do the test right now - ok-volume down (at desk) -screen off & locked - call treo - no touching it - ignoring call - leaving myself mess - 2 alerts - new voicemail & missed call showing # - no touching - screen turns off - wait 1 min - let's see if it alerts me of anything now that it's off - wait another min - doesn't seem to alert anything now that it's off & screen locked - waiting another min - hmmm .. shouldn't it alert me that I have a voicemail w/a sound at least? (will check my settings) - ok - now hitting green phone button - show's same screen - 2 alerts - missed call & vm - hm ... there you go
    Well, I have Butler (http://www.hobbyistsoftware.com/butler-more.php) installed and maybe this program sends alerts striaght to the alert manager for me. I only see the missed call screen if I am near the phone when it pops up, otherwise I just get the alert manager screen to manage the alerts.
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
    New version MissedCall 1.2 is released, you can try it again.

http://www.palmgear.com/satellite/index.cfm?siteid=2342
    if you are going to press & hold the center button, it will display the alerts in the screen.

if you don't see the missed call/voicemail there, you don't have any missed call/voicemail.

but if you're still seeing the number 1 under voicemail under favorites, it is the "quick key"

meaning to say... press & hold 1 to access voicemail.
    it doesn't mean you have 1 voicemail.

the voicemail quantity is going to be displayed in the most upper right near the bluetooth.