Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    has anyone tried these? are they hard to put on? and does it work really good?

invisible shield

the test
    I don't know about that "test". I think I could do what he did with a key and no cover and not gotten a scratch. It was kind of hokey looking.
    You might want to have a look at the link below, their discussion is pretty good. There is even a substitute a lot cheaper: best skin ever.

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=112728

There use to be pictures, but I think they are not there anymore.

Enjoy!
    - Jeeman
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I bought an invisible shield for my 5G iPod when they first came out. I've had it on ever since, great product. I have had the invisible shield on my 700p for about 4 days now and i absolutely love it. I no longer worry about setting it down naked on a table in fear of scratches. I feel more comfortable holding the device in my hand, the texture provides a sticky like grip. It took me about 45min-1hr to get it on almost perfect.

I would highly recommend the invisible shield on any device, very durable.
    Don't forget they offer a lifetime replacement of the shield for $3 or so (S&H).
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I have the Invisible Shield on my 700P. Fit is perfect, and application is easier than most screen protectors. What I don't like are the following:

Very reflective finish (although also very clear)

Extremely "draggy" feel to it. Almost as if there is a rubber coating on the screen. Some folks may like this, but I don't.

I'm going back to the Javo screen protectors.
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    I got one of these and hated it. Application left a lot of micro-bubbles in the screen making the image shimmery and dirty. It also has a 'rubbery' feel that jgilfor mentioned. It is very scratch proof but downright ugly.

I peeled it off and got a Boxwave protector.
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jgilfor
    I have the Invisible Shield on my 700P. Fit is perfect, and application is easier than most screen protectors. What I don't like are the following:

Very reflective finish (although also very clear)

Extremely "draggy" feel to it. Almost as if there is a rubber coating on the screen. Some folks may like this, but I don't.

I'm going back to the Javo screen protectors.
    The sticky and draggy feeling will go away–at least it did for me after about a week. I too thought it was too sticky but now it's perfect. I regret not using the screen protector.
    I tried it as well and took it right off due to reasons already listed above. Worst screen protector I've tried to date. The one's from Treocentral work nicely.
    Use the BestSkinsEver Full Body version for the 700W/700P. It's just like the Invisible Shield, but covers more of the body and costs alot less. Just don't use the screen protector part. For the Screen, use Martin Fields or BoxWave Cleartouch.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Does it leave any marks on the Treo if you do not like it after a while and decide to pull it off?
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    Quote Originally Posted by webedc
    Does it leave any marks on the Treo if you do not like it after a while and decide to pull it off?
    Nope. Comes off pretty easily.
    I have an Invisible Shield on my Nano and the BSE on my 700p. Quality is about the same, I think the big difference in price is the IS offers a lifetime warranty. I used it on my Nano, removed the old and sent it back after they sent me out a new one for $3 S&H. I had to do it as the Nano was replaced under warranty. I have my fingers crossed about the BSE, hopefully my Treo won't need replacing and I won't have to buy a new one. So something to think about.

Regarding feel, it does leave a grippy feeling on the device, but I like it. I feel just fine with it in my pocket or putting it down. The BSE has a larger coverage area if I remember correctly. I did not apply the screen protector version, looked like it wouldn't be ideal. I use a Cleartouch one and have been very pleased with it. The only drawback is there is no protection on the sides of the screen (silver paint and around the hard buttons and keyboard). Otherwise it looks great IMHO. And installation is easy, I have noticed a big improvement in application since i've done a good 8 devices in the past year. Good Luck.

Best,
    Rory
    The Best Skins Ever are really nice. I have one on my Treo 700p. They are only $6.99 + shipping. Not only do they protect the Treo (or other devices), they provide a nice tacky grip.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    Where do you find the Best Skins ever?
    Just ordered a BSE. I have an Invisible Shield on my iPod and it's great.
    Based on the comments in this message thread, I ordered the BSE's for my 700P. Easy to install, and makes the phone just a bit "stickier" to hold. Thanks to everyone who commented on the BSE's. I wish the product covered the area below the screen where it says TREO , otherwise - awesome.

Now if I could find something similar for my TC1100 tablet pc.
    Quote Originally Posted by LEDtreo
    Based on the comments in this message thread, I ordered the BSE's for my 700P. Easy to install, and makes the phone just a bit "stickier" to hold. Thanks to everyone who commented on the BSE's. I wish the product covered the area below the screen where it says TREO , otherwise - awesome.

Now if I could find something similar for my TC1100 tablet pc.
    There's a ton of posts for the BSE skins.
    read through here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=119109

I've posted some comments and tips to make the install easier. Just do a search for my screen name and you'll find more info on this product. For the price, there's no better solution to keep your 700p from getting scratched.
    i ordered the BSE got it in the mail, just wondering how to install , in the instructions it says use soapy water like the way you do when you install window tints, is that how you guys installed it? any tips on how not to get fingerprints on the clear parts.?
    It took me about 10 minutes to apply mine, I used a cup of water with 3 drops of dishwashing liquid. It was very easy, just take your time. Bubbles seem to work themselves out in my experience as it dries. I did mine and my husbands, neither has one bubble. Fingerprints arent a problem just make sure to carefully remove skin from paper and start with clean hands.

I didnt use the screen protector since I already had the one sold here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast