Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by rick2203
    i ordered the BSE got it in the mail, just wondering how to install , in the instructions it says use soapy water like the way you do when you install window tints, is that how you guys installed it? any tips on how not to get fingerprints on the clear parts.?
    Read this post:
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD
    There's a ton of posts for the BSE skins.
    read through here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/s...ad.php?t=119109

I've posted some comments and tips to make the install easier. Just do a search for my screen name and you'll find more info on this product. For the price, there's no better solution to keep your 700p from getting scratched.
    Quote Originally Posted by rick2203
    i ordered the BSE got it in the mail, just wondering how to install , in the instructions it says use soapy water like the way you do when you install window tints, is that how you guys installed it? any tips on how not to get fingerprints on the clear parts.?
    Yea...what MarkY said...errruuhh...what I said..yea yea
    I just installed BSE on my Treo 700p last night. Took about 40 minutes. Not because it was difficult, but I had to let the pieces dry before applying the next piece as not to move the previous piece.

It was actually pretty easy and I thought the install came out perfect with very little trouble.

I followed the instructions and used few drops of baby shampoo in about 10 ounces of water. The trick is not to be stingy with the water. I dunked the pieces whole in the water solution. It moves around easily at first, but it'll settle down after a few minutes. In the mean time, I carefully wiped the solution with a napkin on the outside and used my fingers to squeeze the water and the bubbles out while holding down another section with my thumb. It was really easy to apply. As far as I can see, I have zero bubbles this morning.

Also a note about the using the screen protector. Lot of people complained that the screen protector is too grabby like the rest of the skins. I don't know about most of the people, but ever since Palm stopped using Graffiti, I only tap on my screen. I don't have any apps where I need to make a dragging motion. Also, the transparency is pretty good in my opinion. Of course I'm only comparing the transparency to the screen protector that comes with the Treo. I haven't used Boxwave or Martin's for comparision sake.

Good luck,

Tae
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12