1.    #1  
    I have a pretty basic question. I have a Treo 650 on the Sprint network and I soon will be travelling out of the US to Poland. Does my phone have capabilities to work in Europe? I'm not quite sure about the tri-band vs. dual band thing and how that relates to its functioning.
    First make sure that you have enabled international dialing or use with your carrier. Keep in mind that you will be paying for roaming charges (most likely expensive rates) when you're calling.

From what I'm seeing, they operate in the 800mhz frequency. Does your phone support that band?

Better to ask Sprint whether you can use it in Poland. I don't have an idea.

Maybe someone else can provide you with better answers.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    According to the Sprint web site, you need either a GSM phone (which a Sprint Treo ain't) or a quad-band phone (which it ain't either). I won't post the link since the URL is huge, but simply Googling "sprint coverage poland" did the trick rather nicely.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    kvcobra, nicely (and politely) done.

strawmanl, welcome to TC. kvcobra has identified the problem -- incompatible technology. Think Mac software/PC software as to the level of difficulty of getting CDMA (Sprint) phones working on GSM (all over Europe) towers.

It's why I have T-Mobile.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks, that's very helpful.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers
    kvcobra, nicely (and politely) done. ...
    Thanks. I should probably take a cue from myself on this, since I'm usually noticeably less polite. I figured this could be a tricky one to search for in that forums, though, if you don't know which terms to use.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster