141 Global Posts
    Anyone know of a remote locking program other than the following?:

Tried:

Mobilock
    MSafe
    Butler

TIA!

Kyle
    What kind of Remote locking features are you trying to achieve that none of these work?
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    I use TreoHelper for remote locking. I believe it is freeware.
    I have not been able to get any remote locking software to be stable and reliable on any Treo I have owned (300,650,700).
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by webdave
    I use TreoHelper for remote locking. I believe it is freeware.
    I second that. Works fine on my Sprint 650; don't know about the 700p. Other nifty features too. And yes, it is freeware.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I want to be able to lock and or erase my phone using a SMS trigger.

Mobilock - works but will not always lock phone at poweroff. and it overides Security panel settings. In other words not reliable. Still in beta have 9days left on trial. I have left messages on the forums.

MSafe - everything worked I was ready to register it and then realised that I was not receiving SMS messages at all. The program intercepts looking for "text trigger" but never let me see the message. (Any message) even ones from firends. I email support but they never replied back.

Butler - Nice program, Has a lot of bells and whistles. Too many that it is unstable in my opinion. I had many soft resets just trying to use the basic sms locking function. The resets were random and happened when doing different things. Problems went away when I un-installed it. (Too buggy)

TreoHelper - only has locking phone option not able to wipe data.

Remote Lock - from the maker of TreoAlarm. again just locks phone not wipe data.

Those are what I have tried. If anyone knows of another I would be willing to give it a try.

OrionNE
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Try Central
    Quote Originally Posted by OrionNE
    I want to be able to lock and or erase my phone using a SMS trigger.

Mobilock - works but will not always lock phone at poweroff. and it overides Security panel settings. In other words not reliable. Still in beta have 9days left on trial. I have left messages on the forums.

OrionNE
    We recently added the snapshot feature. It takes snapshot and sends you back by email.

Please let us know how you are testing it as we have tested all the possibilities and it locks all the times and is the only application which allows incoming calls and is not broken after/during a phone call.

It might be a compatibility problem with other applications on your handheld.

Since you have already posted in our forums, I am sure somebody will looking over for that.

About the evaluation, we can get it extended for you for another 14 days.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Thanks for the Reply. I did see a reply in the MANTRA forums. I have left the information requested. I also submitted a email to support with the problems I experienced in Mobilock 1.1 Beta and the support team sent me back a email with a link for a new download. (No not the autoreply you get right after you send support email this was a day later.) The link they sent me was to version 1.0 that has the bug in it where it always takes you the the Palm Application Launcher insted of the selected new Default Launcher.

I hope you will post here when the new beta is availiable. I may need to take you up on the trial extension.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrionNE

Tried:

Mobilock
    MSafe
    Butler

TIA!

Kyle
    Hi Kyle,

Have you tried Corsoft Warden?
    Tim K
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dwman
    Does central have the option to format the SD Card too as part of the SMS KillPill?

Kyle
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TimK
    Hi Kyle,

Have you tried Corsoft Warden?
    I will probably give it a try tonight.
    Does it format SD card as part for self destruct?
    Quote Originally Posted by OrionNE View Post

Tried:

Mobilock
    MSafe
    Butler

TIA!

Kyle
    OrionNE was wondering where your testing took you. I am about to embark on the same testing with have the same applications on my list. Warden and Mobilock were my top choices from reading and prior to doing any testing.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I hate to say it but I gave up. Evey program I tried that had the functions I wanted was too buggy and would cause a reset or make my 700P unstable. I decided to wait a few months until developers had more time to play with the 700P and figure out it's qwerks.

As of now I am not using a remote locking program but I have been thinking about looking at Butler again.

OrionNE
    OrionNE,

Thanks. You have probably saved me time. I think I'll wait also. Same thoughts on Butler. I have tried twice and had problems. I wasn't sure if it was the 700p support or user error as I was new to the 700p. I decided to wait on it also.