1.    #1  
    My Treo 700P has been running fine. It has switched between applications at the same speed as my 650 with no lag that others have reported here.

When I got my Treo 700, I never used the CD that came in the box. I was using the same hotsynch software that I had downloaded from Palm's site for my 650 (although I created a new hotsynch ID and loaded everything from scratch) and I had not loaded any of the other apps from the 700P CD. I decided yesterday to check the CD to see if it had a newer version of Hotsynch or other software. I deleted the hotsynch software previously on my computer and loaded the new one from the CD which includes the "addit" conduit, etc. I also loaded the fileinfo utility that lets you manage files on the SD card. Right after I did this, I noticed an immediate slowdown of my Treo when switching between apps. There was a brief white screen pause. Hmmmm.

So - to experiment, I hard reset my treo and resynched it this morning from my office computer that is using the older hotsynch software. My treo is zippy again.

Can someone else whose Treo is having a lag switching between apps try to verify my results by hard resetting their Treo and downloading Palm's non-700 specific hotsynch software from their website and verify whether or not their Treo is any quicker switching between apps, etc. I am curious to see if either the 700 specific hotsynch software or the fileinfo utility could be genuine culprits.

Those of you experience lags switching between apps - did you use the CD that came with the 700? What apps off that CD did you load?
    Last edited by socomon; 06/29/2006 at 08:12 AM.
    I think I will try it. I mean, what you are saying makes sense because from what i'm hearing, the 700 has the same "insides" as the 650. So why change the hotsync process?But before I do, have you been having any random resets after using the 650cd?
    P.S., it's embarassing when your showing off your new 700 and the white screen comes up and stays for a while. along with freezing resetting etc..
  3.    #3  
    I have not had many random resets at all. I had a couple when trying to load certain content on SprintTV, but it seems it was related to that specific content. I don't have any hacks or launchers loaded on my Treo which I think helps keeps it stable. The 3rd party apps I have loaded are:

- Audible
    - BizCon
    - TomTom
    - KB Lights (not using auto mode which has hede hooks)
    - Palm internals
    - TeleNav
    - TCPMP

On my SD Card I have
    - BlackJack
    - Bubble Ship Boy
    - Tetris
    - Wine Guide
    - Video Hound
    - Zap
    There is a thread on TC about this. Try deleting all of the files associated with versamail. It worked for me no more lags or delays. The only problem is after a hotsync it puts the files back. I don't know it does this there is not a conduit for versamail. I as still trying to find a fix for that one.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzee
    There is a thread on TC about this. Try deleting all of the files associated with versamail. It worked for me no more lags or delays. The only problem is after a hotsync it puts the files back. I don't know it does this there is not a conduit for versamail. I as still trying to find a fix for that one.
    That is not the issue I am talking about. I have used Versamail on my 650 and my 700 without any meaningful problems. This is a very specific issue I observed after changing the hotsynch software and after loading 1 particular application.
    Unfortunately, I don't think this is the issue... I never installed anything from the CD, I just used my existing Palm installation, and I still have the occasional annoying pause...
    Apps reappearing is generally do to them being resident in your backup folder. If you go to the folder where your Palm desktop resides there should be a folder with your name - open it and inside you will find a folder called backup. You can either delete the files from there or rename the folder.
    socomon admitting there's could be a problem with the 700p? I don't believe it!
  9.    #9  
    There a difference between trying to diagnose and solve something versus just complaining about it and about how everyone did you wrong. I never anywhere calimed the Treo was 100% error free.

Also - if you go back and read what I posted previously, you will see that I agreed with you that the bundled software should work correctly, but that I thought that most of the problems people are complaining of were being caused by 3rd party apps. I still do.

What's more is that i have remedied my problem and my Treo is back to running fine.

yeesh - you are a troll.
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzee
    On my Mac there is a "files to install" folder where the CD installer dumps all those files for the first sync -- you may have something similar. After running the installer, I deleted all the files in that folder and nothing got installed onto my Treo that wasn't there from the factory. I haven't had any problems.