1.    #1  
    I just bought an iGrip holder to mount my Treo in my car. The suction cup won't hold on any surface I can find, including the window glass. If I want it to work, I'm going to have to use the sticky mounting pad that came with it. These things are intended to be there just about forever. Does anyone know if there is any way of removing them in a way that doesn't destroy the surface it's mounted on? I'd hate to ruin my dashboard if I decide later to relocate the device or dump it completely.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    That largely depends on what your dash is made out of. You might want to try testing some rubbing alcohol on an inconspicuous spot to see if it hurts the dash material. I'm not familiar with iGrips, but rubbing alcohol is generally a good balance between effective and gentle.

Mods, please move this to the Accessories forum.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    Rubbing Alchohol will dyour plastic. I would try WD-40... it is a very light solvent. I works great for soft glues and removing sticky stickers and tape.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Use Kerosene, if you can put-up with the smell for a few days (you can wash off the kerosene with soap, though). I've found that it removes all of the sticky bits without damaging plastic.

But try it elsewhere first.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    Rubbing Alchohol will dyour plastic. I would try WD-40... it is a very light solvent. I works great for soft glues and removing sticky stickers and tape.
    I guess it depends on the type of plastic, and maybe the color. I've used it before on my Mustang's tan dash with no problems. That said, WD-40 sounds promising. Thanks for the tip.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster