Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    There's nothing wrong with my daily use of the 700p -- it's as fast as I would expect it to be (no lags or delays). I need it to make calls, look up contacts, and manage my calendar. Is there some other heavy-hitting this thing needs to do that I'm not aware of?
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by SonnyS
    There's nothing wrong with my daily use of the 700p -- it's as fast as I would expect it to be (no lags or delays). I need it to make calls, look up contacts, and manage my calendar. Is there some other heavy-hitting this thing needs to do that I'm not aware of?
    Why no benchmark numbers from you? Anyway, the 700p can't handle tasks that the 650 could and the ones that it can handle are done more slowly than on the 650. That's the problem.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    I am NO expert, deleted Zlauncher and installed Launcher X yesterday and my 700p seems to be working like it should! seems to be stable and smoother.

There was a lag between switching say ZL and phone, now no lag.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    Still waiting for benchmarks from any of the "lightning fast" 700p owners. Not a single one so far.
    Wow, it's like you're posessed or something. We get it. You think the 700p doesn't measure up to the 650. But when the 650 came out originally, were you also screaming about benchmarking against the 600?
  5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by crownzeal
    Wow, it's like you're posessed or something. We get it. You think the 700p doesn't measure up to the 650. But when the 650 came out originally, were you also screaming about benchmarking against the 600?
    No benchmarks. Not surprising.

The 650 had all sorts of problems when it was released that were later fixed by firmware updates and third-pary developers. If you have a point, please make it. Otherwise, keep the 600 vs. 650 crap out of my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonnyS

Power users like to use the internet a lot and also watch videos and play music. Also install GPS and a lot of other programs. My usage is similar to yours, except I need to use the internet to check email and other things.
    Forget comparisons to the 650. and forget the benchmarks The 700p is straight up slow. I'm on my second one (first one was a disaster) and the lag is definitely a bummer.
    I'm am keeping it and just dealing with the lag, but I'm not a happy customer. And I am not recommending it to my friends and family.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoist2k
    Forget comparisons to the 650. and forget the benchmarks The 700p is straight up slow. I'm on my second one (first one was a disaster) and the lag is definitely a bummer.
    I'm am keeping it and just dealing with the lag, but I'm not a happy customer. And I am not recommending it to my friends and family.
    Isn't it kind of silly to keep a product that you are not happy with?

2000_man, I don't need to post benchmarks -- I'm not in a race with anyone, least of all you (LOL). My 700p works great, no delays anywhere that I can see. I use Chatter, Verichat, surf the net here and there, utilize SMS quite a bit with my partner who is deaf, make calls, etc.

The unit does reset itself once in a while, but otherwise switching between these various functions has been acceptably fast. If there was any type of delay to speak of, I would have noticed it. I'm on my 3rd 700p due to QC problems on the previous models, but all of them performed comparably. I'm a picky customer, and if it was as slow and unusable as some make it out to be, I would have left it at the Verizon store two weeks ago.

Bye the way, 2000_man, this isn't YOUR thread. It belongs to everyone on the board, so get over yourself.
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoist2k
    Well said. I guess that some people just aren't attentive enough to notice the lag. I'm sure that those same people will be raving about how fast their 700p's are after Palm fixes the speed issues. LOL
    Well said. I guess that some people just aren't attentive enough to notice the lag. I'm sure that those same people will be raving about how fast their 700p's are after Palm fixes the speed issues. LOL
    Hey 2000

Your a real piece of work......

Am I or anyone else suppose to care about your 700p (if you had one) is/was slower than your custom rom overclocked T650, or even care about your opinion of the 700p.

The only thing that matters to me is that my Sprint 700p works for me. I still have the T650 activated on another number. When I compare my 700 to my 650, the 700 opens apps faster without a white screen lag using the default launcher. the headset and speaker volume is better and the rear speaker quality is better than the 650. did not need to install VC on the 700.

You say you tested the 700p without any apps installed and you only dialed *2. I have 18 apps installed on the 700 and I have dialed many numbers besides *2.

I have tested my 700p from San Diego, CA (where I bought it) to Newark, NJ and to Seattle, Wa to South Georgia and everywhere in between. Text messaging has worked flawlessly on network and roaming. The phone connects the number dialed and rings once before the T650 connects a number. Ignore with text works flawlessly on network as well as roaming. Blazer connects to the net every time with EV-DO or 1X. I even get a roaming data connection in Hillsdale, WY.

Picture mail works every time, as well as On Demand and Sprint TV.

Only had 3 crashes, all three due to 3rd party software. 1 crash with BTCached and 2 crashes with DA 3.23 R2 and DA 3.23 released. The latest DA 3.23 released works now.

According to Speedy, My T650 is at 1351 and my T700p is at 1531. If I overclock My T650 like you did, my T650 is at 2027. T700p is only 25 percent slower than my overclocked T650....hmmm.

I have the screen grabs of the Speedy numbers on the T650 and the T700p. I may post them tomorrow or whenever. I have to go to bed now and I would love to make you wait for them.

Chuck
    Last edited by chckhbrt; 07/02/2006 at 12:03 AM.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    chckhbrt,

Could you play an mp3 on both the 700 and 650, and while playing the song switch apps to versamail, blazer, and documents to go and report back if you notice or don't notice any skipping on the 650 or 700.

Thank you for your time.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Some haven't came from a 650 is the result of the notice of lag. I came from a 600, and I am not too upset. I have friends with the 650 and I have played with theirs and the 650 is faster.
    at&t iPhone3G
    I'm not sure that it's exactly fair to compare an overclocked device that has undergone mulitple ROM revisions and fine tuning over the course of almost two years to a device that was just released and is still running its initial software revision.
  14.    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by chckhbrt
    Am I or anyone else suppose to care about your 700p (if you had one) is/was slower than your custom rom overclocked T650, or even care about your opinion of the 700p.
    Please learn how to read. My 650 isn't overclocked.

Also, get back to me after you've posted your pBench and VFSMark numbers for both devices.

Bottom line is that power users (or just attentive users) can tell that the 700p is slower than the 650 because it can't run pTunes in the background, has more lag loading programs, gives white screens at times and disconnects/reconnects so incredibly slowly after dialing *2.
    Please learn how to read. My 650 isn't overclocked.

Also, get back to me after you've posted your pBench and VFSMark numbers for both devices.

Bottom line is that power users (or just attentive users) can tell that the 700p is slower than the 650 because it can't run pTunes in the background, has more lag loading programs, gives white screens at times and disconnects/reconnects so incredibly slowly after dialing *2.
    These are such true facts that even a newbie could juggle the difference between the 650 and 700 let alone power and attentive users.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    These are such true facts that even a newbie could juggle the difference between the 650 and 700 let alone power and attentive users.

I don't care so much about the white screens, other lags, or even that EVDO w/ Blazer isn't getting to 400 kbps or above. But the Ptunes skipping is the thing that really effects the usability of the treo for me.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883
    I don't care so much about the white screens, other lags, or even that EVDO w/ Blazer isn't getting to 400 kbps or above. But the Ptunes skipping is the thing that really effects the usability of the treo for me.
    Agree to an extent...Blazer not getting to 400 kbps or above bothers me, especially in comparison to what is market rated. I am almost happy I never experienced the 650 for myself upgrading from a 600 instead because I think I would have a lot less to like about my 700.
    at&t iPhone3G
  18.    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    Agree to an extent...Blazer not getting to 400 kbps or above bothers me, especially in comparison to what is market rated. I am almost happy I never experienced the 650 for myself upgrading from a 600 instead because I think I would have a lot less to like about my 700.
    No question about it.
    I never had a 600 or 650 -- this is my first Treo and I'm quite happy.

So, let's assume the 650 IS faster than the 700... instead of arguing about it and making it an immature "my treo is faster than your treo" p*ssing contest, where do you go from here? 200_man, if you're really that interested in the cause (and less interested in making yourself seem superior to everyone else), why don't you try contacting the 700p product managers at Palm and get an answer. Or at least communicate your findings to them. That would be much more productive, and helpful, than ranting in an online forum that does nothing to change the situation.

Yes?
    Can't we all just get along

I switched to the 700p after having my 650 for 1 1/2 years. After I did a few clean installs and minimized the installed apps to programs I actually use, I feel the 700p is more stable than my 650 as far as resets.

• I do get more skips in pTunes than on my 650 but not as horribly as before I did the above.
    • I sometimes get white screen lag usually when switching to Blazer
    • The EVDO is leaps ahead of my Cingular's EDGE on the 650. Doing a side-by-side comparison, my 700p can complete any sized test on www.dslreports.com/mspeed before my 650 has even started. It's 100% consistent. Are those coming from a CDMA 650 not seeing as substantial of a speed increase as my GSM 650? I think the speed is remarkable from a qualitative point of view.

I didn't have my 650 right from release, but I did go through at least two updates while I had it. I'm sure things will get ironed out in firmware updates for the 700p now that the devices is in the hands of a substantial user base.

All in all, I'm very satisified with my 700p and think it was a worthwhile upgrade mainly because of the EVDO.
    Last edited by pin0y_bear; 07/02/2006 at 04:39 PM.
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast