Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516 LastLast
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Stumbled across this PC World review:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/126492-1/article.html

"The Treo 700p replaces its predecessor, the Treo 650, atop the chart. Despite a steep price ($650 with a two-year contract from Sprint) and unimpressive battery performance, the 700p wowed us with its thoughtful design and lightning-fast speed. Like the Windows Mobile-based Treo 700w (number four on our chart), the 700p includes support for high-speed EvDO networks, which makes surfing the Web using its Blazer Web browser a real pleasure. The unit also features a speedy 312-MHz Intel XScale processor and 128MB of total on-board memory, making the device feel noticeably faster than the 650 at most tasks."

Now, if they would just prove their claims by posting their benchmarks.......
  2.    #282  
    And? Take the trolling somewhere else.

Your 700p's pBench numbers are pathetic. Maybe you can convince yourself that it's not so slow if you try hard enough. Those of us who are much more discerning aren't so easily duped.
    2000 dude, your like a little kid. Let it go. Consider it part of the fun of being an adult.
    Last edited by Tony_Ensemble; 08/07/2006 at 08:50 PM.
    2000 Man, speed is subjective. My 700P is plenty fast for me. Why do you care so much about numbers an old app. spews out?
  5.    #285  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    2000 Man, speed is subjective. My 700P is plenty fast for me. Why do you care so much about numbers an old app. spews out?
    Um, no. Speed is objective. What were your pBench numbers again? 50% slower than those from a 650? Feel free to ask Jeff Gibson about the incredible slowness that is the 700p.

You'll all be singing a different tune once Palm fixes the bug.
    I don't know what you're talking about. My 700P is more than quick enough for me. I don't have any of the haning, lagging, white screen freezing ppl. are getting. What's so hard to believe about that? You can believe all you want what you are saying if it makes you happy.
  7.    #287  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    I don't know what you're talking about. My 700P is more than quick enough for me. I don't have any of the haning, lagging, white screen freezing ppl. are getting. What's so hard to believe about that? You can believe all you want what you are saying if it makes you happy.
    Just post your pBench data access numbers. That's where Jeff Gibson and I have found the problem to be.
    My pBench scores are in a thread here somewhere. You can go find them if you want. Those don't matter at all. What matters is what each person experiences with their own 700P. Mine as I have said twice already, is fast enough for me.
  9.    #289  
    Like I said. More discerning owners can easily spot the speed problems on the 700p. You'll thank us later once Palm fixes the problem.
    Ok, well I and many others are perfectly fine w/ our 700Ps. I'm sure you discerning owners will be happy once Palm fixes whatever problems you guys are experiencing.
  11.    #291  
    Like I said, you'll be thanking us later. Though I doubt that you'll even apply any firmware updats since your 700p (slow as it is) is working fine for you. Oh well.
    Usually when a firmware upgrade comes out, I wait a month or two to see what everyone says about it. If it's worth it, I'll go ahead and customize the new ROM (if there are any 700P ROM tools out by then) and install it.

You should be happy that fellow TCers are getting along well and happily w/ their Treo 700Ps.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man

Your 700p's pBench numbers are pathetic. Maybe you can convince yourself that it's not so slow if you try hard enough. Those of us who are much more discerning aren't so easily duped.
    Now that wasn't very nice, young man.....I was just posting a review that has a bearing on the topic of the thread. And by the way, my pBench data access score of 807 (of which I posted a photo) doesn't seem pathetic when compared to a STOCK 650 score of 800-950. But if you want to start throwing the word "troll" around, well......

From Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

"In Internet terminology, a troll is someone who comes into an established community such as an online discussion forum, and posts inflammatory, rude, repetitive or offensive messages designed intentionally to annoy or antagonize the existing members or disrupt the flow of discussion, including the personal attack of calling others trolls."

Let's take them one by one, shall we?

INFLAMMATORY

All of the benchmarks prove about a 50% decrease in speed compared to the Sprint 650. Speedy, pBench, VFSMark, TCPMP benchmark, etc.
    Not only inflammatory, but an outright lie, since Speedy's website shows a stock 700p to be faster than a stock 650. Although you tried to convince us that your 650 scores proved your lies, you forgot to mention that you have a overclocked 650 with a custom rom:

The one thing that I have done to my 650 is that I'm using a custom ROM with all of the junk (including Versamail) stripped out.
    My 650 is also faster. Sprint 650 w/custom ROM vs. Sprint 700p with clean install. It also helps a bit that you can overclock the 650 but can't on the 700p.
    At least we finally got him to admit there wasn't a 50% decrease in speed:
    I guess that 20% slower than the 650 = "lightning fast" for the 700p.
    How's this for inflammatory:

You don't even have a 700p anymore......
    I also don't have my 700p any longer....
    .....yet here you are, on the 700p board, posting things like this:

Your slow 700p = 0.52 0.16 0.31 0.99
    My blazing 650 = 0.38 0.17 0.24 0.79

The 650 rocks the 700p!
    "The 650 rocks the 700p"?? How old ARE you?

More inflammatory statements:
    Anyway, the 700p can't handle tasks that the 650 could ....
    The 700p is just plain dog slow.
    The 650 rocks! The 700p was so slow, had no processing power and was full of bugs when Palm released it. The 650 is so much better.
    The truth of the matter is that the 650 was much more powerful than the 700p. Every benchmarking utility shows at least a 50% decrease in speed going from the 650 to the 700p.
    No offense, but who cares about 800? My 650 gets nearly 1400!! Even if Palm fixes the memory management problems, the 700p will still be slower than the 650.
    RUDE

I didn't have to go far for rude:
    Maybe you can convince yourself that it's not so slow if you try hard enough. Those of us who are much more discerning aren't so easily duped.
    Hey, all I did was link and quote an article that comments on this topic.....your response was a bit rude, don't you think?

But there is SO much more:
    Jeff Gibson and I have found the same thing (as have the 700p owners with IQs higher than 80pts.)
    No, you're just not very discerning or demanding of your device.
    Sucks to be you. My 700p (ordered from Palm) was perfect except for the slow speed.....
    About as long as we have to wait for the "lightning fast" 700p fanboys (liars) to post their numbers. LOL.
    Please try reading the thread next time.
    I guess that some people just aren't attentive enough to notice the lag. LOL
    Leave this thread before you get yourself banned.
    English as an eighth language? Ninth? Not at all?
    Enjoy being banned, dawg. ROTFLMAO
    Yikes. Let's all learn from your grammar. LOL
    I suspect that they're just incredibly uptight from not getting any for a LONG time.
    Learn something, troll.
    REPETITIVE

Better sit back......this could take a while:

Either step up to the plate and post your results from pbench, VFSMark and TCPMP or get out of my thread, troll.
    How about those other benchmarks? Still too embarrassed to post your results?
    brvheart, your numbers are pretty low. Why no VFSMark or pBench scores?
    Please post the other benchmarks. I've posted all of my benchmarks and am a little surprised that none of the "lightning fast" 700p owners will post theirs
    Still waiting for some 700p owners to post thier pBench and VFSMark results
    My hope was that some of the "lightning fast" 700p owners would step up to the plate and post their benchmarks, but that hasn't happened.
    Still waiting for benchmarks from any of the "lightning fast" 700p owners. Not a single one so far.
    Why no benchmark numbers from you?
    No benchmarks. Not surprising.
    Also, get back to me after you've posted your pBench and VFSMark numbers for both devices.
    About as long as we have to wait for the "lightning fast" 700p fanboys (liars) to post their numbers.
    Perhaps, though no one has posted any results from a "good" 700p yet.
    Still waiting for those low pBench scores of yours. LOL
    Chuck, either post your pBench numbers or go away and hide with the rest of the trolls. We're all waiting for one of owners of a "magical" 700p's to sack up and post their pBench numbers. LOL
    Editor's note: both repetitive AND rude.
    Chuck, either post your pBench numbers or go away and hide with the rest of the trolls. We're all waiting for one of owners of a "magical" 700p's to sack up and post their pBench numbers. LOL
    Editor's note: this is not a double post. You posted this twice in the space of 33 minutes.
    Why haven't any 700p owners posted their pBench numbers?
    No pBench scores? Why am I not surprised.
    Still waiting for pBench results....Where or where are those "lightning fast" 700p pBench results?
    Please post your pBench scores, islndboi, chemengr and noodle.
    Post your pBench numbers then. If not, we know how much faith to put in your statements. lol
    Again, please post your pBench numbers to back up your claims of the 700p being faster than the 650.
    I didn't think that you'd be willing to post your pBench numbers. Not many 700p owners are. LOL
    What were your pBench numbers again? 50% slower than those from a 650?
    That was just one thread....these are from 6 completely different threads:

Please post your benchmarks in this thread then: http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=118867
    Any benchmarks yet?
    Please post your benchmark scores to back up your claims. I've already posted by 650 scores for Speedy, pBench and VFSMark.
    Did you ever run those benchmarks?
    Any benchmarks yet?
    (Editor's note: not a double post)
    Please post your pbench, vfsmark and speedy benchmarks to verify.
    Total BS. Please post your pbench data access score. After that, let me know just how much less it is than the nearly 1400% that my 650 gets. LOL
    CALLING OTHERS TROLLS

Go away, troll.
    The troll calls Jeff Gibson a liar and refuses to back up his claim.
    It's not overclocked as the trolls would like to believe.
    Learn something, troll.
    I think the board has seen exactly what roles you and I play here. But let's have some fun, shall we? With the Mods permission we can do a poll: Who's the troll, dcpmark or 2000 Man? The one with most votes has to leave the 700p board......forever! Agreed?
  14.    #294  
    Yikes. dcpmark needs a girlfriend REALLY badly! I feel sorry for your palms. LOL
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Yikes. dcpmark needs a girlfriend REALLY badly! I feel sorry for your palms. LOL
    "posts inflammatory, rude, repetitive or offensive messages designed intentionally to annoy or antagonize the existing members...."

Thanks for proving my point......it's like shooting fish in a barrel. Besides, even if I did need a girlfriend, my wife and son probably wouldn't approve of it.

So what do you say to our troll poll?
    I say put one up!
    I second that! Let's see the Troll Roll.....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  18.    #298  
    Yup, let's see what the trolls have to say after the firmware update comes out. Please post a poll after that happens and see if Palm addresses the speed issue that Jeff Gibson and myself have identified.
    I'll happily vote, but I don't need a poll to tell me that 2000boy has a mental age of about 12. If everyone would just put him on their ignor lists he'd probably get bored and go away.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Oh, one other comment: 'I know Jeff Gibson (by his work), and you're no Jeff Gibson.' To even imply that you're in some way in Jeff's league is a bad joke, and a sign of your insecurity and immaturity.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.