Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516 LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 304
  1.    #241  
    Has anyone heard more about the upcoming firmware update that Sprint is currently testing?
  2. #242  
    no palm is not releasing one.Just get used to the resets!
  3.    #243  
    Quote Originally Posted by cccablecompany
    no palm is not releasing one.Just get used to the resets!
    Go away, troll.
  4. #244  
    I've noticed there is a big difference between the time it takes to bring up the phone app depending on what app you are coming from. In fact, it's caused me to just abandon third party launchers and go back to the POS default. It makes a big difference. Give it a try and compare the speeds of jumping to phone app from the POS launcher and other apps.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  5. #245  
    With limited apps installed so far and I did a side by side comparison of my outgoing Treo 700w and my new Treo 700p, I do not see much difference in speed between them both.

    I want the Treo form factor and I finally gave up on the Treo 700w and the constant soft resets. Lucky for me my phone was broken and on its 31st day of use and the Verizon store swapped it for a Treo 700p lucky for m.

    I also chose not to install any lauchers but I did install PalmRevolt to smooth out the Palm UI.
  6.    #246  
    Quote Originally Posted by ppcmd
    With limited apps installed so far and I did a side by side comparison of my outgoing Treo 700w and my new Treo 700p, I do not see much difference in speed between them both.

    I want the Treo form factor and I finally gave up on the Treo 700w and the constant soft resets. Lucky for me my phone was broken and on its 31st day of use and the Verizon store swapped it for a Treo 700p lucky for m.

    I also chose not to install any lauchers but I did install PalmRevolt to smooth out the Palm UI.
    Comparing the speed of the 700w to the 700p is like comparing apples to oranges. It's the speed of the 700p vs. the 650 that's the problem. The OSes are nearly identical but the 700p is dirt-slow compared to the 650.

    Jeff Gibson was confident that the bug should be fairly simple for Palm to fix and I'm certainly hoping that he's right. I love the EV-DO and the BT 1.2 on the 700p.
  7. #247  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    Go away, troll.
    Ditto..Ditto...Ditto.
    at&t iPhone3G
  8. #248  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    I've noticed there is a big difference between the time it takes to bring up the phone app depending on what app you are coming from. In fact, it's caused me to just abandon third party launchers and go back to the POS default. It makes a big difference. Give it a try and compare the speeds of jumping to phone app from the POS launcher and other apps.
    These are the reasons why I won't even endeavor into 3rd party launcher applications for now at least.
    at&t iPhone3G
  9. #249  
    App loading times definitely depend on the current app you're using. However, this has nothing to do with 3rd party apps, really. Sure, some 3rd party apps like launchers and games can be slow to switch from, but built in apps like blazer are amongst the worst culprits. I'm no definitive source on this, but it makes sense that this is happening because POS has no multitasking and needs to close down whatever it's currently running before it switches to the next app. So, the delay is a combination of exit time and loading time.
  10. #250  
    For what its worth, reading this thread has given me hope. I have been very frustrated with the speed of my 700p compared to my 650. At least now I know I'm not alone. That there are others who have the same problem gives me some hope that the problem may some day be fixed or at least better understood.

    Thanks - Tony

    p.s. Now if I just had hope of understanding the opposite sex I'd be complete.
  11. #251  
    One user gave his Treo an "enema" and he's happy w/ speed now

    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=120401
  12.    #252  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    One user gave his Treo an "enema" and he's happy w/ speed now

    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=120401
    I bet it's still slow. I'm sure that his pBench numbers are just as pathetic as every other 700p owner's. It's a bug in the OS. Remember that I tested a virgin 700p that never even been hotsynced.
  13. applerokr's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    #253  
    anyone heard if palm is working on a fix?
  14. #254  
    The price paid for bleeding edge I guess ....being a GSM'er I have never had to deal with these frustrations.....you CDMA dudes do all the beta testing and by the time the GSM version comes out, these things are for the most part already been addressed.
  15. #255  
    The problem with an enema is that a week later you can be in the same situation again. And no one wants an enema every week!
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  16. #256  
    Hey, enemas are great!
  17. #257  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    The problem with an enema is that a week later you can be in the same situation again. And no one wants an enema every week!
    he only needed an ene,ma cause he didn't feed the thing properly the first time around.
  18. #258  
    did the "enema" on 700P and no noticeable speed difference switching to/from phone app. The "wersamail" deletion did provide noticeable speed improvement
  19.    #259  
    Quote Originally Posted by trragtops
    did the "enema" on 700P and no noticeable speed difference switching to/from phone app. The "wersamail" deletion did provide noticeable speed improvement
    The "enema" won't make any difference in the speed for obvious reasons. The 700p is slow right out of the box. We need a firmware update in a big way. It will also allow us to edit the ROM ourselves which should lead to even greater speed increases (as it did on the 650).
  20.    #260  
    FWIW, the new pTunes update that's supposed to help the skipping problem doesn't really help. The problem seems to be the database access speeds, as I originally suspected.

Posting Permissions