Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    lately, when synchronizing with mac, all address book contacts double ...

how can I delete them easily?

did it manually the first time, but is there an application?

and what may the reason of this problem be?
    get a program called "undupe" from www.palmgear.com or another palm softeare site. its about $5. well worth it, deletes duplicate calendar, tasks, contacts. hope this helps.
    Not sure about Macs, but in Windows, the Palm Desktop has a feature that allows you to delete duplicate entries. You may want to check that.

Undupe link here:

http://www.stevenscreek.com/palm/undupe.html
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
    Quote Originally Posted by maceyr
    Not sure about Macs, but in Windows, the Palm Desktop has a feature that allows you to delete duplicate entries. You may want to check that.

Undupe link here:

http://www.stevenscreek.com/palm/undupe.html
    It's sad you have to purchase additional software to clean up duplicates caused from syncing. I have the problem all the time with Outlook. Kind of makes the PDA more trouble than it's worth.

Having said that, Undupe works ok. Just get in habit of syncing daily and then unduping daily.

Why can't Palm fix the friggin problem? My next PDA will be Windows OS unless a fix comes out b4 I upgrade
    If you sync with Outlook, there are lots of software to remove duplicates from Outlook. Google "Outlook Duplicates Remover".

There used to be an excellent free software from www.rundell.org.uk but that site seems to be down.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    funny, I had this problem the first month or two of ownership (syncing w/Outlook), now it seems to have stopped. I have not had a dupe in 2 months. However, I have no idea why!
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin