1.    #1  
    I don't like the LudusP program -- it is buggy and doesn't work in several applications (including Call Log). And the developer (high school kid?) hasn't updated it despite being aware of the issues. Has anyone else released a solution that does the same thing, perhaps without the same problems?
    You message seems to be a bit curt, considering there are no other options to do what you want. Tyler has worked very very hard to try and fix any problems that arose with LudusP. There are some things that he may not be able to solve as a result of the PALM implementation. But have you tried contacting him about what you're looking for. Yes, he's a highschool kid, but he had more dedication to this community then i've seen in a long time (aside from a few dedicated developers) and worked through his exams, etc to get a version of that program out to all of us BEFORE HE EVEN HAD A 700P IN HIS HANDS. While he may be aware of issues, its possible that there may not be fixes.

But i guess, to answer your question, no, i don't think there is anyone that has done anything even remotely close to what LudusP can do.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I appreciate Ludas P and it seems to work well for me (I'm using v1.6). I do wish we would get an update and/or a status report though.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I thought v 1.13 was the latest version.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    v1.6 is currently a beta version
    hi,

let me know the issues please and i'll do my best to fix them. the latest beta v1.6 is what i have on my device... i just went into Call Log and it worked perfectly. not sure what you're talking about...

regards, tyler
    Tyler,

V1.6 is causing a reboot when I hit the phone button (when mapped as my all-in-one phone button) . If I disable Ludus, or if I map the phone key to something else, no problems. Enabled with phone as all in one, reset every time I press the phone key.

Lou
    oddlou,

would you mind telling me what apps/hacks you have installed? especially anything phone-related.

cheers, tyler
    Quote Originally Posted by LudusAdmin
    oddlou,

would you mind telling me what apps/hacks you have installed? especially anything phone-related.

cheers, tyler
    Thanks for the quick reply, Tyler. I don't have much. YAHM with font smoother, 2day from shsh software, keycaps, keyguard time, volumecare, hourly xcast and uninstall. That's it. I also installed the updated keyboard driver from Palm. I love your program, btw. Keep up the good work.
    hi oddlou,

which button is mapped as all in 1 and does it reset if you're in the Phone app or only when you're in other apps or both?

regards, tyler
    Quote Originally Posted by LudusAdmin
    hi oddlou,

which button is mapped as all in 1 and does it reset if you're in the Phone app or only when you're in other apps or both?

regards, tyler
    the blue phone button. if the screen is off and I press the phone button to turn the screen on, it resets. If i'm in another program, it takes me to my phone screen without the reset. Thanks, tyler.

Lou
    Global Posts
    286 Global Posts
    From the developer of Bob's Alarm (now mobile clock). Works on 700p but currently doesn't have support for the dial and end buttons. Bob will probably accommodate us when he gets a chance. For now the software is free.

http://www.rmobile.ca/subpages/download.html
    Last edited by jwbekens; 07/03/2006 at 10:32 AM.
    Tyler, you on vacation, buddy?
    I don't care if Tyler's in diapers - LudusP is working pretty well with a mildly hacked 700p on my end.. My biggest gripe is that I can't figure out how to make the "power" button into the "menu" button (I'd rather map the "Power" button to the shift key - I use it a lot less!).

A few issues to sort out, but after missing the ability to use the 4th hardware button for the duration of the Treo 650 "dark days" I finally have it back and mapped to 1ButtonPro again!!

I have absolutely no reasonable clue why Palm (yet again) screwed up the hardware buttons so badly in the 700p (and again didn't provide the ability to remap) - but LudusP has jumped on the problem and swiftly created something that works pretty well to meliorate this serious Palm bug. If they are worried that "novice" users will somehow map themselves into a corner - then create a "hidden' menu (ala easter egg) that allows us to fix this.

I'll pay the $5 bucks for LudusP, and if a better application comes along I'll pay for that too. But *ideally* (and doubtfully) Palm gets it together and just gives us straight access to the button mapping in the next firmware release. (Don't hold your breath).
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    hi oddlou,

is it still going on? i don't see why there would be a problem... i've checked and couldn't get a crash.

regards, tyler
    Tyler,

it sure is! if my screen is off and my all in one is mapped to my phone button, I get a reset if I use it to wake up the screen. every time.