1.    #1  
    I'm sorry if this has been answered elsewhere but I couldn't find anything.

My Treo 650 is tethered to my Dell laptop via the sync cable. My Outlook contacts database is syncronized with my Treo via GoodLink.

Does anyone know of a way to click on a button in an Outlook contact on my laptop and have my Treo start dialing the number?

I surely appreciate any help.

Thanks!
    Recognizing that I volunteered...
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Are you dialing a data line or a voice line?

If voice, why not just dial straight from the phone, since the number is synced? I don't think there's any way to do this from Outlook. The only way to get Outlook to initiate the call is to treat the Treo as a modem, and I doubt you could switch it from modem to phone mode mid-call.

If data, there's a little phone icon on the Contacts toolbar (at least in Outlook 2002) called AutoDialer. Assuming your Treo is defined as a modem on your laptop, you should be able to click on that to dial.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by kvcobra
    Are you dialing a data line or a voice line?

If voice, why not just dial straight from the phone, since the number is synced? I don't think there's any way to do this from Outlook. The only way to get Outlook to initiate the call is to treat the Treo as a modem, and I doubt you could switch it from modem to phone mode mid-call.

If data, there's a little phone icon on the Contacts toolbar (at least in Outlook 2002) called AutoDialer. Assuming your Treo is defined as a modem on your laptop, you should be able to click on that to dial.
    I'm only trying to use a voice line. I could dial straight from the phone but what I was trying to do is keep my hands on the laptop (mouse) and just click to dial.
    Recognizing that I volunteered...