Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Starting this just in case people can't easily find the hacked Verichat .prc that works on the 700P. (You still need to pay for the subscription, folks.)

If you have a previous version of Verichat installed, delete it, do a Warm Reset, and use FileZ to delete the remaining Verichat files. (seach other thread for details.)

Then install the new version.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I tried this and it definitely works for me in SMS mode. Great work!
    Kind of funny, the O.G. Verichat Version works on my Treo 700p. I wonder why?
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    It works 100 times better than on my 650. ZERO crashes!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmith80209
    I tried this and it definitely works for me in SMS mode. Great work!
    All the credit goes to amtartar.
    Now that you talk about credits I just got an idea.... Please look at thread starting with "Solution ...."

Al
    I e-mailed the good people of PDAApps today to ask them what the status is, just to see what they have to say about all this now.
    Good news, folks! PDAApps reports that Verichat for the 700p is "on the roadmap!"

Oh. Wait. They told us that three weeks ago.

Who among us wants to let them know someone else fixed it?
    By the way, to be clear, "on the roadmap" was the response I received again tonight.
    which one is the best one to get.I only use yahoo and msn IM.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    ver 2.86b works pretty nicely. no problems signing in to aim so far.
  12. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    It works 100 times better than on my 650. ZERO crashes!
    I can testify to this as well.
    only works in sms mode huh? that sux for ppl w/o unlimited txt messages
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano
    Apparently many of the people who were the most vocal about VeriChat not working are quite happy with a working SMS mode. I, on the other, want to use the data connection, which still doesn't work properly for me. While it connects and appears to function normally when you first fire it up, it actually severs the EVDO connection at some point if you are not actively using it. It will reconnect the network at some point later, but in the meantime everytime Snappermail wants to do a scheduled retrieval it has to reconnect to the network first. The same thing happens when I launch Blazer. When I tried the SMS mode from the VeriChat hack, it also terminated the EVDO connection because that mode is designed to notify you so you DON'T have to have a constant network connection. Causerie does not terminate the EVDO connection in data mode like VeriChat does for me.

It's possible that others who have had more success using the VeriChat hack have other programs that keep the EVDO connection alive (Chatter, maybe?), or they just don't care that they have to reconnect to the network all the time. I find it be to be a pain in the ***.....
    I purchased Verichat for my 6700 and the license information I have will not work when I try in on my 700, does anyone know if they will charge me for a new licesnse since I switched phones? Thanks in advance.

Found my answer but here it is if someone else has the same question:

"VeriChat for Pocket PC is a different product than VeriChat for PalmOS, and the license information will not work on a device of the other type. You will need to purchase a new license of the correct type. We will however, give you a discount coupon towards the purchase of any product from PDAapps store in lieu of your remaining license term. Please write to us if you want to avail of this. You can use this discount coupon towards any future purchase."
    wow..that it the most detailed communication I have ever seen from PDA apps! if only they would give us 1/2 the ezplaination for a fully working 700P
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

as i posted earlier, aim accounts work fine in verichat 2.86b. it has been working on my 700p for over a week.
    So what is the consensus? Does verichat 2.86b work with aim/msn? Does it have connection problems? Someone said you keep getting disconnected.

btw does verichat 2.86b = verichat hack?
  19.    #19  
    No, it works in either SMS or data always-on mode.

IT's the best client on the market.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigDee
    So what is the consensus? Does verichat 2.86b work with aim/msn? Does it have connection problems? Someone said you keep getting disconnected.

btw does verichat 2.86b = verichat hack?
    The hacked version ,posted in this thread, works great.
    Yes, AIM/MSN perfectly.
    No conncetion issues - the disconnection issue was prior to the hacked verison.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast